ZU ZU Summer Seasonal I Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
1530929100818.png

Art by dibs
Welcome to the ZU Summer Seasonal! This is the first tournament of our first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall ZU leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the ZU champion!

1530929153175.png

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 ZU Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] ZU".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, regardless of whether you confirm that your opponent won, your series will be coinflipped unless you can provide replays. We will not disqualify both players, but we will coinflip the series, not because we don't believe that you played, but because the replay rule ensures everyone is on an even playing field, as stated. If you wish for your replays to stay hidden, you may PM them to me instead.
  • ZU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; PU effectively serves as the ZU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon banned from ZU which are not in PU or a higher tier; aka ZUBL.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
General Tournament Rules:

• Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

As a disclaimer: Since I plan to join this tournament, I will provide evidence of pairing randomization and/or have someone else do pairings for me each round.
This round's matchups were done by me! Here they are ladies and gentlemen.

Round Two Matchups:

Winner's Bracket:
czim
vs. Diddly Radishes
Funbot28
vs. LightPinkYoshi
0Nl vs. Calucha
Gweebis vs. Megazard
StarBlim vs. Alkione
cb aaron judge
vs. Darkfire47
CrazyStevy vs. jklioe
Plans vs. allstarapology
abonniertxxxlutzyt vs. Jeffis
Ktütverde vs. Fille
blalib vs. lolbro
Ann nonima vs. Sage
Moosical vs. BloodAce0107
youde vs. 5gen
Pohjis
vs. Dundies
Escoffier vs. Broken Phobias
Fardin
vs. GustavoYAY
Quantum Tesseract
vs. Taskr
OminousDraco vs. Zesty43
Arifeen vs. innovamania
Drud
vs. Dark Wolfgang
Diagnostic vs. Aleccat
RawMelon vs. Lugia Proto
Splashbrutha
vs. Skipkan

Loser's Bracket
eifo vs. LordST
Keahi
vs. Chrisloud1
Blitzburgh vs. tonithetourguide
Vanillish Wafer vs. TJ
Acsel vs. Ganso
motogp vs. Sam I Yam
Mythlore vs. Drogba In Shenhua
pazza vs. TheInnocentNerd
Huston vs. Hijasu
ZipZ AleF vs. pilz0311
TGC United
vs. Kongee
Aaronboyer vs. DatHeatmor
Robert Alfons
vs. lockjaw
dibs
vs. Drowsy Drowzee
Mr. Miner vs. DBW
byronthewellwell vs. Graceclaw
UBERLandon21
vs. zikam
aki0s
vs. Amphareixon
Angry_Marty vs. Tack :]
JdRDMS vs. Jmash324
Chloe vs. neomon
BYE vs. Hubriz
Moron5 vs. Inferno Monferno
Union Caboche vs. pacato

1530928476205.png

Highlight Matches:
Funbot28 vs. LightPinkYoshi
CrazyStevy vs. jklioe
Pohjis vs. Dundies
Quantum Tesseract vs. Taskr
Arifeen vs. innovamania
RawMelon
vs. Lugia Proto
Robert Alfons vs. lockjaw
JdRDMS
vs. Jmash324
Chloe vs. neomon
Aaronboyer vs. DatHeatmor

Resources:
ZU Banlist and Tiering History
ZU Viability Rankings and Sample Sets

ZU Sample Teams
ZU Speed Tiers
ZU Role Compendium

Visual Aid of Pokemon ZU by Usage
ZU Good Cores
ZU Discord
ZU Room on Pokemon Showdown

The deadline for Round One Extensions is Monday, July 9th at 9pm CST.
The deadline for Round Two Matches is Friday, July 13th at 9pm CST.
Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

If we by chance get tier shifts and the metagame changes, Pokemon that leave ZU to another tier are still legal for this round and Pokemon that drop to ZU are still illegal for this round. If need be, games came be played under a different format.

For example, if Ninetales moves to RU by usage, you can play your games in the RU format if you and your opponent choose to do so.

StarChef

formerly Jeffis
Unhappy, I cant find my opp more
We schedule still for round one, but he cant play, and he dont answer more

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
won in 2 vs blitzburgh ggs (tags aren't working someone should probably work on this)

Reactions: asa
(Still for Round one)
I'm going to call activity on my opponent. He has repeatedly missed scheduled times and has been afk for the past 48 hours.

Aaronboyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)