ZU Team Tour Round 1

Quantum Tesseract hurricane's opp replied on last day of deadline, still hurricane was ready for extension but if its coinflip we are calling activity
While it is true that Hurrican's opponent, diophantine, did not give any times, hurricane did not either. This is a team tour where the team that goes on is decided by the game, so I cannot give an extension. As such, the game was coinflipped.

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
While it is true that Hurrican's opponent, diophantine, did not give any times, hurricane did not either. This is a team tour where the team that goes on is decided by the game, so I cannot give an extension. As such, the game was coinflipped.
Well hurricane did mention he is available after 5pm gmt +5 and Diophantine said weekends are best. Hurricane asked for his timezone on the same day but only got reply near deadline.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
You could have at least told us when I asked for an extension. We tried to organise but we could only do tomorrow. Not asking for a change since you’re the host, but I’ve seen some tours here where this has been allowed in the case of one game, so I’m just a little confused.

Well hurricane did mention he is available after 5pm gmt +5 and Diophantine said weekends are best. Hurricane asked for his timezone on the same day but only got reply near deadline.
I messaged him first and he could have given any time on the weekend which I would have replied to on the weekend with “yeah sure” or “let’s shift it a few hours”. I replied early Saturday morning which was the only time I was on between asking him and then. I didn’t give a time zone, true, but he didn’t give a time.

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I messaged him first and he could have given any time on the weekend which I would have replied to on the weekend with “yeah sure” or “let’s shift it a few hours”. I replied early Saturday morning which was the only time I was on between asking him and then. I didn’t give a time zone, true, but he didn’t give a time.
he told his general activity time how could he propose a time when he dont even know your timezone? and u were active on smogon between wed and sat but u didnt replied despite him asking u specifically for it. And on your post here where u asked extension, u said both u and hurricane were busy past week when clearly only u were, hurri just couldnt play sunday but got reply on saturday where he couldnt do anything.

Whats done is done I was just clearing the fact that hurri was active gl next rounds ig

You do not need a timezone to give your available times to your opponent.
The Ideal Scheduling Conversation

The ideal scheduling conversation is exactly four messages long, and proceeds like this:

1) User 1 contacts User 2 on his User Profile. User 1 mentions the name of the tournament for which the two are paired, states his time zone (in GMT) and lists his times of comfortable availability.

2) User 2 responds to User 1 as a reply to the same message. User 2 states his time zone, and which of User 1's listed availability windows are convenient for him as well.

3) User 1 replies with an exact time picked out of his ass from the times which User 1 and User 2 are both available to play. User 1 names the server on which he wishes the battle to take place. If User 1's Pokemon Showdown name does not match his Smogon name, he also notes it at this time.

4) User 2 confirms the appointment. This step may not seem important, but it is! If I tell you that we should meet at McDonald's at 4 and you never respond, there's no expectation for me to show. Same thing with Pokemon simulators! If User 2's Pokemon Showdown name does not match his Smogon name, he too notes it at this time.
Even asking on friday "Hey, are you available <time after 5> saturday" would have sufficed, although more would be better, but as is neither has the activity over the other for a true Activity Win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)