Tournament ZUPL II - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
(approved by 5gen)
(banner coming soon!)

Welcome to the second iteration of ZeroUsed Premier League!
I will be hosting this year's ZUPL, although I am looking for a co-host. If you're looking to get your feet wet in team tour hosting, hit me up.

Currently, the structure is planned to stay the same as last year barring significantly more signups - 6 teams of 8 starters + 2 substitutes, top 3 teams advance to playoffs at the end of regular season, where winner of 2nd seed vs 3rd seed plays the 1st seed for the title!
Every team needs a manager, and the purpose of this thread is for prospective managers to sign up. Managers will be selected according to their experience in ZU, past managerial experience, and community standing. Managers can buy themselves in auction for a TBD amount of credits if they so wish. There will be no signups for assistant managers at this time. After the auction, managers may select a player they bought to assume the role of assistant manager, who can make substitutions and communicate with the host in an official capacity.

Managers are expected to:
  1. Buy a team of at least 10 players in the auction​
  2. Send in a lineup every week before the week ends​
  3. Pick a team name​
  4. Hold players accountable for getting games scheduled and played​
  5. Make substitutions as needed​
If you are interested in managing, please make a post with your team name and an explanation for why you would make a strong manager!

The formats are TBD. Manager signups will be open for a week, at which point player signups will open for two weeks. Shortly after player signups close, the auction will take place and Week 1 will start immediately after that. (This timeline may be subject to change).

I'm looking forward to a fun season! Good luck and have fun!

Team Name: Weaboo Wartortles
Weeb wartortles.png

Reason to be Chosen: I don't think I need to explain why I'd be a great manager considering who I am, but just in case I do. I've been a top ZU player since the tier was invented. Winning multiple ladder games and even sometimes getting a 2 or 3 win streak going.I have plenty of manger experience, like the current MPL, and plenty other tours that need not be named (because you guys know of them haha). I intend to give this tournament everything I have, and draft the strongest Lineup of ZU players you have ever seen. I'm sure some of you are doubting whether I would really be good as a ZUPL Manager, but I want to remind you. What matters isn't the jerks you're in or your past accomplishments, it's about what you can do Right Now, and I know that I will win this tournament with blood, Sweat, Tears, and Heart. That is all, thank you and please make the correct decision.

Edit: I have a logo already I'm dedicated as fuck

Last edited:
Team Name: Giganta Gourds

Reasons to be Chosen: ZU voice since time immemorial. Have played ZU since a bit after its conception. Have played in most ZU related tours. Have known and been a part of the community before we got a subforum and room. Been part of teams in ZU, NFE and Monotype but have never managed a team, and hey we all gotta start somewhere.

Team Name : The Loco Lunatones

Reason to be chosen : Although I havent done much in ZU, I have been a long time member, staff member, contributor for all OMs. Managed and won 1v1pl this year and I am managing OM Snake as well. I really enjoy managing team tours and making a nice environment for everyone to have an enjoyable experience and hopefully make some new friends (on our way to an inevitable trophy) :)

Last edited:
Team Name: Fiery Flamencos

Reason to be Chosen: I don't think I need to explain why I'd be a great manager considering who I am, but just in case I do. I've been a top ZU player since the tier was invented. Winning multiple ladder games and even sometimes getting a 2 or 3 win streak going.I have plenty of manger experience, like the current MPL, and plenty other tours that need not be named (because you guys know of them haha). I intend to give this tournament everything I have, and draft the strongest Lineup of ZU players you have ever seen. I'm sure some of you are doubting whether I would really be good as a ZUPL Manager, but I want to remind you. What matters isn't the jerks you're in or your past accomplishments, it's about what you can do Right Now, and I know that I will win this tournament with blood, Sweat, Tears, and Heart. That is all, thank you and please make the correct decision.

Last edited:
Team Name : Woke Galarian Slowpokes

Reason to be chosen : I have played zu for about 3 years being competitive throughout. I have extensive knowledge of the metagames throughout the generations winning a seasonal in gen 7, winning the DPP cup, and being apart of the recent ladder tournament playoffs. Last year I also managed for zupl and I have other team tour experience in other leagues specifically ompl playing zu.

Last edited:

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Team name: Pay Day Persians

Reason to be chosen: Been ZU's leader since late oras, can build and play all metas from gen 3-8, and know the community extensively. Although last year was disappointing, I learned a lot managing and look to do much better this time around.

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Arctic Storm Avaluggs

Reason to be chosen: I was in ZUPL last year, helped / played ZU in OMPL before, and I have knowledge of gen 4-7 ZU. I also recently managed in OMFL and won the tour, and I have been apart of many team tours over the years to know how to run a team well.

Team Name: The Not Totally Defeatists Farfetch'ds

Reason to be chosen: i have never won anything in zu, but there is a first time for all !
I know +/- everyone who plays zu and that could be a great experience to manage a team to victory.
i have a lot of time and i'm a lot active on ps and discord.
I'm a cool guy too :blobthumbsup:
49cciq.jpg

Last edited:
Team Name: Heavy Duty Wailords

HDW.png

Why should you pick me: I may not be the highest on the ladder or have a mod position or the like, but that doesn't matter. I tend to run unconventional sets. It may work, it may not, that's just the nature of it. Not to get into my personal life but I have a lot of experience managing things. I can read people's strengths and weaknesses and either help or get someone who can help with team member weaknesses. I may not be the conventional pick, but this isn't the conventional team.

Last edited:
Team Name: No Choke Machokes

Why should you pick me: I was looking at this page and thought of this sick team name. I wasn't even planning on applying but the sheer brilliance of this team name inspired me and should inspire you too. ZULT Semifinalist, ZU Room Voice, top 30 on the (dead) ZU ladder, also good at researching opponents and made over 100 different gen 8 ZU teams. I fully expect to not get chosen but my god this team name is sick

Team name: IVY GANG

Reason to be chosen: Been a ZU room voice for a very long time (definitely not for only 20 hours). Have lots of tour experience and went very far in ZULT (definitely haven't only ever been in 1 tour and got knocked out of ZULT round 1). Also I can win multiple ladder games in a row if I farm off people with 1100 Elo

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Thanks to everyone that signed up! Unfortunately we can only take 6 but I encourage all not selected to participate in ZUPL II and try again next year!

The selected managers are:
Fiery Flamencos - managed by DurzaOffTopic
Lucky Stunkys - managed by Ho3nConfirm3d
TBD - managed by czim
Humilau Hakamo-Os - managed by Union Caboche
Woke Galarian Slowpokes - managed by a fruitshop owner
Pay Day Persians - managed by 5gen

Congratulations to our managers! Player signups will be up shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)