Guides and Reference
A List of Restricted Moves
A list of all Restricted Moves for use during the movepool stage, split up by typing or function. Compiled by the Policy Review Committee, written by bugmaniacbob.
A Guide to Creating a Movepool in XY
A guide to creating a CAP movepool, updated for the sixth generation. Originally written by Rising_Dusk with research by X-Act, updated for XY by bugmaniacbob with research by paintseagull and jas61292.
- Welcome to Create-A-Pokémon: A Guide for Newcomers
- An introductory guide intended to help readers transition into becoming valuable contributors to CAP discussions. Written by DougJustDoug.
- Topic Leader Guide
- A comprehensive guide explaining the duties of the Topic Leader. Written by darkie, DougJustDoug, Magmortified, and tennisace.
Featured in The Smog
CAP 9: Questions and Misconceptions
Plus reflects on CAP 9 in this article from issue 5.
Traces of Magic: CAP 10 Update
Another one from issue 8, Deck Knight gives his opinion on CAP 10.
The Krilowatt Playtest
Still in issue 9, a serious look at the CAP 10 playtest, by Fuzznip and Umbreon Dan.
CAP11 Report: Where the Voodoom Roam
Rising_Dusk covers everything surrounding CAP 11 in this editorial from issue 12.
CAP1 Report: Tomohawks Take Flight
Full analysis of everything related to CAP 1, written by Rising_Dusk. Published in issue 16.
CAP2 Report: The Essence of Necturna
Published in issue 19, Birkal highlights some of the key aspects of CAP 2.
CAP3 Report: Mulling over Mollux
Published in issue 21, capefeather reviews the process and prowess of CAP 3.
CAP4 Report: Aurumoth
capefeather looks back on the rocky process that was CAP 4 in this piece from issue 23.
Policy and FAQs
- Introduction to CAP Playtesting
- From the second issue of The Smog, Stellar, Plus, and tennisace take a look at the playtesting of Kitsunoh and Cyclohm.
- Past CAP Playtesting
- Plus, Beej, and Stellar examine the playtesting of the earliest six CAP project Pokemon. Published in issue 3.
- Op-Ed: CAP, Pirates, Playtesting, and Policy Review
- Deck Knight muses on various topics in issue 4.
- Clearing the Air: CAP's Biggest Questions
- Originally published in issue 6, Plus addresses some common delusions in this editorial.
- The CAP Revision Project
- Umbreon Dan rambles in issue 7.
- CAP FAQ
- Frequently asked questions about the CAP metagame, by Fuzznip and Umbreon Dan. Published in issue 8.
- CAP Update: Survey Results and Going Forward
- Deck Knight goes over some of the many changes discussed during the intervening period between Voodoom and Tomohawk, and the results of internal surveys concerning favored poll options. Publised in issue 13.
- CAP Policy Review: Getting the Bugs Out of Our System
- Deck Knight gives us a detailed analysis of the policy review cycle that followed CAP 4. Published in issue 24.
- OU vs. CAP Vol. 1: Play Styles
- Rising_Dusk and Zystral review the CAP metagame. Published in issue 11.
- OU vs. CAP Vol. 2: Effects on Teambuilding
- The follow up to their last article, Rising_Dusk and Zystral talk about teambuilding for the CAP metagame. Originally published in issue 12 of The Smog.
- CAP Pokémon in the CAP Metagame
- Qwilphish takes a look at the BW CAP metagame at the close of the fifth generation, and how the various CAPs perform in it. Published in issue 31.
Flavor and Miscellaneous
- Interview with DougJustDoug
- Also from issue 3, Jimbo, Sarenji, and tennisace have a chat with the head of the CAP project.
- Bad Taste: When CAP Flavor Goes Wrong
- Umbreon Dan and Fuzznip make fun of CAP movepools in this humour piece from issue 9.
- A ReCAP: Artistic Designs that Almost Made It
- Alchemator and Swaggersaurus go over some of the best of the losing CAP art designs. Originally published in issue 12 of The Smog.
- Creation Station: CAP Spinoff Game Design
- Deck Knight and Cartoons! discuss their spinoff projects, CAP Anime Style Battling and Battle Capacity, respectively. Published in issue 14.
- ReCAP - What we did, what they did
- Published in issue 34, bugmaniacbob takes a light-hearted look at the CAPs that were created with original typings, and compares them to additions in subsequent generations with the same typing.
- DP Competitive Moves
- A list of all competitive moves for use in the construction of movepools in Diamond and Pearl. Replaced by the VGM Lists. Compiled by gorm, Deck Knight, and RBG, revised by tennisace.
- DP Stat Ratings
- A reference on the original formulae for the calculation of stat ratings in Diamond and Pearl. Written by X-Act, revised by tennisace.
- DPP Threat Descriptions
- A listing of all the major threats in the DPPHGSS CAP Metagame and how the CAP Pokemon interact with them. Written by many community members, compiled and revised by Fuzznip and Umbreon Dan.
- Guide to Creating a CAP Movepool in DPP
- A comprehensive guide on how to create a final movepool for the DPP generation. Written by Rising_Dusk, with research by X-Act.
- Historical Guide to the CAP Metagame
- A snapshot of the CAP metagame as it was in January of 2009, and a guide about how the first five CAPs fit into it. The most recent CAP at this time was Stratagem, and some of the recent revisions had not yet taken place. Written by sbc and others.