Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the "physically base mixed" electivire set, does the 80 spA allow it OHKO something specific, or something else? Reason is, I want to breed a hasty one, just to outspeed base 100 and some garchomps perhaps, but taking the bit from speed does not equate to 80, so is it advisable to sacrifice some attack EVs, or just have a weaker thunderbolt?
quote from the analysis

Some EVs have been allocated in Special Attack to give Thunderbolt a bit of extra kick by taking out of Speed, retaining 270 to beat out Heracross without a Speed boosting nature or a Choice Scarf. Expert Belt and Life Orb are still the favored items.
so basically no, you may want to run some calc for gyarados and skarmory to see if the extra s.atk is useful though.

If Jirachi ( who has Serene Grace ) uses Charge Beam does he have a 140% chance to increase Sp. Atk???

Does this translate into a guaranteed 1 Sp. Atk increase

-or-

1 guaranteed Sp. Atk increase and a 40% chance for another increase???

Thanks in advance.

If Jirachi ( who has Serene Grace ) uses Charge Beam does he have a 140% chance to increase Sp. Atk???

Does this translate into a guaranteed 1 Sp. Atk increase

-or-

1 guaranteed Sp. Atk increase and a 40% chance for another increase???

Thanks in advance.
just a single boost at 100%

I'm hatching for a shiny Totodile with good IVs. Is it faster to get five eggs from the Day Care Man, hatch them all, release them all, then get five more, or to get five eggs, then release them as they hatch and fill up their spots?
Anybody?

I say receive 5, hatch, keep/release, get five more. Why shiny that is a slim chance of getting that with good nature and good IVs.

I've got this rash mixed attacking lucario with moves close combat/extremespeed/shadow ball/ hp ice holding a focus sash
Any suggestions as to what I should give EVs to?

P.S. Feel free to give any other advice.

I say receive 5, hatch, keep/release, get five more. Why shiny that is a slim chance of getting that with good nature and good IVs.
I disagree.
I find hatching to be faster if I hatch one and get the next one.
That way ur always working on five eggs at a time. Instead of sometimes sitting with four hatched pokes and hatching just the last egg.
Edit: Although I haven't done the math to calculate which is actually faster, it definitely feels more efficient to me when I do it my way.

also, question:
If Return is max base power 102, then why is that the choice for Slaking instead of Giga Impact?

if you want good IV you must save before getting every egg then hatch it, see if it's shiny if it is you can SR for good IV if not you must get another egg and repeat all.
if you just want a shiny fast use White suggestion.

@White: i'm not sure but since slaking is pretty bulky may be for PP issue.

also, question:
If Return is max base power 102, then why is that the choice for Slaking instead of Giga Impact?
It's possible the Giga Impact recharge turn doesn't count for the Truant turn. Being out for one turn is considered very bad, unreliable, and exploitable by a good opponent... being out for two would probably lose you the match.

Could be other subtle differences such as being able to switch out on a Truant turn where-as Giga Impact doesn't give you that option (assuming I'm remembering correctly.)

This is all speculation, of course.

It's possible the Giga Impact recharge turn doesn't count for the Truant turn. Being out for one turn is considered very bad, unreliable, and exploitable by a good opponent... being out for two would probably lose you the match.

Could be other subtle differences such as being able to switch out on a Truant turn where-as Giga Impact doesn't give you that option (assuming I'm remembering correctly.)

In case anyone wonders, I know for a FACT that if you use giga impact with slaking, he "recharges and slacks off at the same time." Basically you can use giga impact as often as you can use return.

So i assume that it's either the pp issue, or more glaringly (to me, now that you mention it), the switching issue.

But still, 150 base power seems high enough to argue giga impact. Especially with pp max.

What are some good ideas for a Lovrina team? In XD, she uses Luvdisc, Beautifly, Roselia, Delcatty, Altaria, Farfetch'd, Gorebyss, Gardevoir, Milotic, Meganium, Wobuffet, Blissey, Meganium, and Misdreavus.

However, I need to know which of those would work best on a team, and 4th gen pokemon that might look nice as well.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
What are some good ideas for a Lovrina team? In XD, she uses Luvdisc, Beautifly, Roselia, Delcatty, Altaria, Farfetch'd, Gorebyss, Gardevoir, Milotic, Meganium, Wobuffet, Blissey, Meganium, and Misdreavus.

However, I need to know which of those would work best on a team, and 4th gen pokemon that might look nice as well.
Recommendation:
1. Separate into tiers. (NU, UU, OU, etc.)
2. Look at analyses for each Pokemon.
3. Look for ways each Pokemon can work with each other and cover type differences.

Mismagius and Roserade could be considered as they're the 4th gen evolved forms of two of those. Gives you Blissey, Milotic, Roserade, Mismagius, and Gardevoir as OU/BL pokemon. Sounds like a stalling / status-inducing team.

There's also 100% accuracy vs 90% which does kind of matter given truant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)