CAP 4 CAP 4 - Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salamence, sorry for not reading your post 6 pages back, and I probably wasn't paying attention, that's my bad.
And to omgthatkid, I was just pointing out that many of the concepts mentioned earlier aren't doable because dragon won the vote, as I was reading a lot of comments that were still promoting some of the dragon pictures.

Hey guys, i guess my zombie didnt work well but this might probably be my last subbmisson. I decided to draw the worm many of you have been talking about, so far i think it looks pretty good, but i wanna know if some people like because if they do ill draw the rest. To me im designing this one not to be so close to the bug type but more so ground type and you cant tell me that this thing doesnt look poisonus. Reading back i think the worm has many advantages as being used as an utility which is why i decided to draw it, but realize i have to of course pokemonitize it,..... so it wont be looking as fierce as some of you might want it

Maybe you should make the smog more of a shroud rather than a "tail"
I think that would make it look like it can defend itself better.

What I think would make the Smog Imp really awesome is if it were leaned forward a bit, and instead of being enveloped by the smog and dust, the cloud literally were his tail and swooped out behind him instead of swirling around him. That way, he could actually learn Tailwind!
Ha. Funny you should mention that. I've been working on these two images this afternoon.

So far in my mini-poll Dark Purple is winning by far, Green Eyes is slightly ahead of Tan, every basically wants the Smog Tail, and Fangs are slightly ahead of No Fangs.

With that in mind, I wanted to explore the Pokemon a little more. Play around with it. So I did these:

Playful Imp:

Tailwind/Smog/Whatever Imp:

Also, Absolution, when you put the rocks in, you said you felt it was unnecessary, and I really do feel that this is the case, especially now that you've added in the sand. They just feel extraneous and distracting to me.
I've grown to like the smaller ones myself. It makes sense to me with the sand, to have little rocks mixed in. I probably won't put any bigger rocks if I draw any more pictures.

And would some tiny little spikes up and down his forearms really ruin the feel? Just some ideas.
I'm not sure. Maybe I'll play with it later, if I have time. I think that might push it closer to the Dark side (ha).

My rendition of your concept is shown below, you can tell me what you think of it.
That's so cool! I love it.

I think I might stick with the Dark Purple for the regular character, but Tan's probably going to the Shiny. And those red tones work awesome with the Tan, but I'm worried it might be a little too similar to Vulpix.

Excellent depiction though. You got the attitude across awesomely.

that looks too much like vulpix
Yeah, cuz last time I checked Vulpix was brown, appeared to be a baby bear, had a horn sticking out of it's head just like this one, and had tails that resembled poison gas coming out of it's ass.

So how does it look like Vulpix?

Great work though Absolution for the totally ORIGINAL idea and Maniac for your awesome rendition.

Dat one looks like Kyuubi =C

But I think it looks nice... though I'd like the Pkm to be a bit bulkier =c

I was looking through Wikipedia for venemous animals to base a sketch on, and found the Field's horned viper, which resides in the deserts of the Middle East. Now I know we already have some snakes-like Pokemon out there- Ekans, Arbok and Seviper -but this one screams 'Ground' to me more because it lives in the desert.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Yeah, cuz last time I checked Vulpix was brown, appeared to be a baby bear, had a horn sticking out of it's head just like this one, and had tails that resembled poison gas coming out of it's ass.

So how does it look like Vulpix?

Great work though Absolution for the totally ORIGINAL idea and Maniac for your awesome rendition.
Vulpix is brown. And look at the tail curls coming out of... And ear placement.

Hey guys, i guess my zombie didnt work well but this might probably be my last subbmisson. I decided to draw the worm many of you have been talking about, so far i think it looks pretty good, but i wanna know if some people like because if they do ill draw the rest. To me im designing this one not to be so close to the bug type but more so ground type and you cant tell me that this thing doesnt look poisonus. Reading back i think the worm has many advantages as being used as an utility which is why i decided to draw it, but realize i have to of course pokemonitize it,..... so it wont be looking as fierce as some of you might want it
Does anyonelike this worm?.....

Vulpix is brown. And look at the tail curls coming out of... And ear placement.
So it is, so it is(never had a vulpix,sorry, just going off very old memories of show). But I had just felt like we we're shunning one of the better ideas here.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
So it is, so it is(never had a vulpix,sorry, just going off very old memories of show). But I had just felt like we we're shunning one of the better ideas here.
Never said I was shunning it, just saying the two had similarities. :P

So, I'm tired, and have a bad idea, just don't want to render it. Poisonous zebra, anyone?

Salamenceslasher, that's actually the first worm concept I like. Doesn't look overly offensive and looks to be speedy. Good job.

Slow lorises have toxin glands in their elbows... I tried to draw something for that, but it looked like a constipated chimpanzee with spikes on his elbows...

Updated version of the armadillo. I decided to give it a diamond-shape theme, and I also went ahead and gave it a fan-like tail. I'll probably finish coloring it by late tonight.

For all thoses how might be interested i would appreciate it if you could tell me that if you wanted to see a drawing of the worm, would you want to see its whole body or a portion of it under ground

i have an idea that i want someone who can draw to try, what about a purplish aligator, with poison coming out of holes on its body, with a mass of earth on its back, yaknow like roots, some dirt, and some dry land? that would look really cool.

Has anyone thought of a poisonous mole. I could imagine one (with rocky spikes dripping with poison on its back) coming out with poison-tipped claws to screw your team. And I would seriosly think it would use snatch (huge claws) spikes, toxic spikes and stealth rock to boot. And it would be fast underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)