EVOlution 1 - Part 2 - Pokémon Poll 3!

obama or mccain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Houndoom
I see an evo of Houndoom as a special-based, fire-type Weavile (albeit still not as fast), and possibly even something that can take out Cresselia.
I see any possible evo of Farfetch'd as a Staraptor with Swords Dance (and even then, it'd still be too frail to use Swords Dance to any effect).

Voted for Houndoom because I want to see a fast, special Dark user with ability to take down Cresselia easily.

Farfetch'd. I mean, C'MON! Houndoom's BL already, while Farfy's NU, or UU if you must be philistine, and we all know that Houndoom can do something pretty heavily. Farfetch'd is currently best served with orange sauce and the leeks it holds.

And on that note, OBAMASNOW FOR PREZ!

Houndoom

Banette was definately the best option, and I don't like Farfetch'd much. It just seems rather generic and uninteresting.

Yes, degenerated.

The logic that something like adding a type to an already existing Pokemon is the same as making a Pokemon from scratch is simply ridiculous, and the fact that logic like that will dictate whether an unevolved-icon from the bygone days of RBY will get an evolution over a random special-sweeper from GSC is incredibly disheartening.

wow... and I thought Doom would lose... I guess all those who voted for the other options are banding together to vote Doom over Fetch. But anyways, once again voted Houndoom. He's just too outclassed by Heatran, and could easily find a niche if we gave it better Speed, Physical Attacks, and maybe a better secondary ability (over Early Bird). Farfy would just become either a luck-based version of Staraptor, or Togekiss.

I can't see what we'd do with houndoom besides a minor stat tweak, it already has a nice movepool and good abilities, unless we go all CAP1 on him... so I voted for farfy, damn you doomacrats :P
EDIT: I also think houndoom has a niche in OU, be it small, its not completely outclassed by anything in OU like arcanine is to infernape for the most part, farfy is nothing, in anything, period lol

Houndoom all the way. I'd like Farfetch'd to get an EVO, but Houndoom is just so much cooler, and it doesn't see any play due to being stuck in BL.

EDIT: How is Obama = Houndoom? I suppose Houndoom is black and Farfetch'd is white, but Farfy doesn't seem like it'd be a Republican. As for Houndoom being the devil, well, that can go both ways.

I prefer Doom mostly for the reason that the Special Attacking spectrum in OU is severely limited...FAR fewer than physical attackers, which Farfy would become...Its not that I see a Farfy evo as bad, I just think a Houndoom evo would influence tha game FAR more.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Houndoom for the reasons stated previously.

Evolving Farfetch'd bring nothing new to the game, unless we create an entire new poke with only it's primary typing, and CAP is the right place for a new poke, not EVO.

I can't see what we'd do with houndoom besides a minor stat tweak, it already has a nice movepool and good abilities

Uhhh, isn't that what the EVO project is meant to do?
Y'know... Minor tweaks to the pokemon in order to introduce it to the OU level and mix it up a bit.
If you want to completely revamp a pokemon and play god mode with it's stat layout, movepool and abilities then you should stick to CAP. EVO is more or less supposed to be restricted by keeping true to the nature of it's prevo - which is why I can't quite fathom why people are picking Farfetch'd seeing as it doesn't have any role that is clear from it's stats due to them being far too close to eachother. Essentially we'd be doing CAP 6 like many people before have pointed out.

And as for everyone wanting a fighting/flying samurai duck well... to be honest, that doesn't really make a lot of sense either seeing as Farfetch'd's origin probably comes from the legends of a duck that carries a leek coming to lost and starving travelers in forests, offering itself to be eaten.
... So yeah, if anything - Farfetch'd's evolution would probably end up being a fire/flying roast chicken or a grass/flying chicken with leeks growing out of it's back. o_O;

Houndoom is perfectly sufficient in OU. I use one pretty well in my OU team now, it doesn't need a boost of any sort.

Where as Farfetch'd needs one, and has since Gen 1. The only thing I'm worried about is how we could possibly come up with a better name.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If Farfetch'd wins, we just need to think outside the box and NOT give it Fight/Flying typing. Maybe Normal/Fight...?

And, if Houndoom wins, we need to make it *useful* for the metagame. Heatran has the resists, Infernape has the wall-breaking abilities, Houndoom v2.0 will have...? Anti-Blissey tactics?

what is all this hate for fighting/flying? thats a good idea, natural for a possible farfetch'd evo, and interesting for the metagame.

houndoom doesn't need an evo to function in OU. he's been marked as borderline, which is essentially part of OU in being a ban tier from UU. BL is not a tier, so we obviously don't need to do anything to make it function in OU; it already does.

voted farfetch'd. hope more people do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)