Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok, after some stupid mistakes, I finally managed to breed the perfect Crobat (didn't play the last days, so it didn't take too long, really). Well, this shall be no spam/brag/whatever post, so I'm going to contribute a little, if it helps:

RNG abuse is great, but nevertheless, doing the frame calibration every time a new egg is to be fetched starts to really annoy me, as it takes way more time than hitting the delay for me. That's why I have come up with an idea that might allow us to skip the frame calibration for ever. I will test the method with my next breeding chain, but it would help to know whether my assumptions can be right beforehand. Here my planned frame abuse method:

Prerequisites:
- Prepare an egg with the desired PID and stand in front of the daycare man without taking it.
- Optional, but recommended: You should be good at hitting delays.
- and the usual stuff, of course

Step 1:
Now, carefully watch the movements of the people. Obviously, you can't stop Buneary, but you can easily hit the menu at a time, where the people will be standing still for a few time slices. Preferably, you should save instantly after they have made their last moves.

NPCs with fixed movement paths (like that Buneary) don't advance the frame

Step 2 (the step we wish to remove):
Do the frame calibration for the first few eggs (indepent from each other, which means, they are taken from different steps of a breeding chain or even different chains) you are getting.
The idea: Because we have kind of chosen what will happen next, the frame should be always low, like around 3. (I got 2 and 3 today, then I just went with 3 and succeeded hitting it together with the delay shortly afterwards). And if we get the said 3 (or something else, it's still related to the person pressing the buttons ;) ) every time, we can assume that it will be always around that 3 with the mentioned save method. This should allow us to skip the tedious frame calibration for further breeding projects. Who wouldn't mind that? ;)

Step 3:
Hit the delay, take the egg (=> coin test) and hatch it, as usual.
What if we got the wrong IVs having skipped the calibration?: Still check the IVs, so you can tell which frame you hit (=> adjacent results). If you were one frame off, try again. If you were a thousand miles away, you either saved at the wrong time or the method is nothing but a lazy wish. I hope for the former. Though, if the latter is the case, then just look for a different IV spread using the found frame.

So, I'll test it on my next breeding project if no objections are raised. I encourage anyone who reads this and also hates the frame calibration to try it as well.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I doubt this will work. Each time you save, you're most likely to be saved on a different frame than you got in your last calibration. Also, even if you do save right when the NPCs stop, even if they don't move they may advance the frame still by making RNG calls to move. Mingot or Lightning Fusion or somebody correct me if I'm mistaken, but this probably won't work - unless you get lucky with your frames.

All in all, it would take less time to just do your calibration again then hitting the wrong frame multiple times because you DIDN'T do calibration.

I don't know exactly how they are calculated - I just assumed they wouldn't increase the frame when they don't move. I remember having read somewhere that the frame is modified when people are stepping or turning. So if that's right, I could just look for the moment where they are not going to move and abuse it by taking the egg fast - this should keep the frame low. Also, I believe so, because I didn't look for that dedicated save point before and I never got something higher than 6, though. Well, as said, someone who knows more about the internals shall correct you or me or us both.

You have a good theory, however some parts just won't work. For instance, different seeds have different NPC movements on loading. For instance if you hit a delay of 598 with 14 seconds, no NPCs will make calls to the RNG, leaving you with a low frame. However, say you hit a different seed - 604 delay and 14 seconds. There is a possibility that the NPCs will make calls to the RNG to advance the frame with different seeds.

Can someone help me with my math real quick? I'm going for a wild pokemon (Ditto in Plat). I've hit the spread where on frame 489 it will appear (yes, I've checked and it should be a ditto). So, I subtract 2 for Sweet Scent, putting me at 487. Now, I need to bring it down to an even number so that I can Journal Flip for the rest. So do I take 1 step to subtract one (according to the RNG Advancement on the front), or will I need to do the 128 steps to advance by the party (5)? I need a reply as soon as possible please. And thanks to everyone who has helped me with this!

The one-steps thing only counts for grassy/encounter areas, I believe.

Edit: Sorry, I read your question wrong, but I think it should work.

Hey Mingot, I've just tested the newest version of the RNGReporter, and I found it excelent. Specially the option of search for more than 1 frame on DPPt Time Finder for Egg IVs, and the ShinyFinder being built in on the RNG Reporter, but I found sad that the best feature, in my opinion, of the ShinyFinder was not built in with this: the feature to input the result of the coin-flips and find out which delay you did land on.

Is it too hard to put on RNG Reporter too? Cause right now, I'll end up using both of them together, even with this built in feature.

Yeah, I'm in the middle of the grass area in the Trophy Garden right now. So I should take a step, bringing me down to 486, then I would need to do 243 page flips in the journal, correct? I want to make sure because it's taken like 3 hours to get this delay once (first time abusing on Plat, so I had to get used to the timing some).

Yeah, I'm in the middle of the grass area in the Trophy Garden right now. So I should take a step, bringing me down to 486, then I would need to do 243 page flips in the journal, correct? I want to make sure because it's taken like 3 hours to get this delay once (first time abusing on Plat, so I had to get used to the timing some).
That should be right, because from what I read, the 128-steps thing is for places with no encounters, at least from my personal experience.

Yeah, I've abused legends before, but this is my first "wild" pokemon. I'll wait until someone with more experience agrees with it, just to be on the safe side. I don't feel like another 2 hours trying to get the delay right.

Delays

Ok I have been trying to hit the delay..but I can never EVER get a fix delay constantly or often...I often have spasm with my fingers while doing this..I think that's what throwing my timing off....what do you advise? Should I just give up?

I also been trying to follow a beat but it didn't help either...D=
Oh and just to make sure if I ever get there, the Date shown in the Time finder and the selected Spread is just the date that's gonna show when you hatch your Pokemon right?
Or do you have to put the DS at that date?

@ COKTAL: all correct, but turn rather than step. It has the same effect and there is no chance of a random encounter (make sure you don't turn and step or that will advance by 2)

@ TEST 101: the shown date, time and second must all be on the DS clock (as well as the right delay) at the moment you hit continue

I've got repel in effect, and a level 100 in the front of the party. I'll take a step. My D-Pad acts up whenever I try to turn. Thatnks, I'll try it now.

Okay, so I just got my SID to check for shinies, but I entered it into the main window and I only got a few (rather crappy) frames, but when I used the search time option I get a lot more results. Is this right?

Edit: Wait, of course the main window won't have many results... Boy, 6 am slows my brain considerably.

Alright, so I'm trying to catch a Shiny Geodude in the Ruin Maniac's cave.

There are no NPCs in there besides him, BUT he doesn't move, so the RNG will not advance because of no moving NPCs?

It should be fine. But just to test, you'll need 2 trials. First one, go straight in and sweet scent a pokemon. Check what frame it is (factoring in runners and what not). Then do a second and let the game sit for a minute or so after you enter the game world. Then sweet scent. If the frame is the same, then you have nothing to worry about.
Update on mine: Just hit the delay for the new spread. I hit it about 10 minutes ago, but I did 2 too many page flips :(. Now for another 700+ page flip. Wish me luck.

Quick question. If I hit a lower frame, is it possible for me to go and do the neccesary taps to bring it up, or will it be impossible due having battled another pokemon already?

It should be fine. But just to test, you'll need 2 trials. First one, go straight in and sweet scent a pokemon. Check what frame it is (factoring in runners and what not). Then do a second and let the game sit for a minute or so after you enter the game world. Then sweet scent. If the frame is the same, then you have nothing to worry about.
Update on mine: Just hit the delay for the new spread. I hit it about 10 minutes ago, but I did 2 too many page flips :(. Now for another 700+ page flip. Wish me luck.
Yup, there was no NPC Frame increasements! Caught a Shiny Geodude!

@Mingot, I'm gonna try Shiny Steelix before Shuckle- what's the Slot for Steelix in Victory Road? Thanks!

Can someone give me a brief explanation of how to RNG abuse for wild pokemon. I understand how to RNG abuse for legends now, the ones that you stand in front of. I.E Azelf, Giritina,etc.

Can someone give me a brief explanation of how to RNG abuse for wild pokemon. I understand how to RNG abuse for legends now, the ones that you stand in front of. I.E Azelf, Giritina,etc.
The process is nearly identical. Just make sure you're on a route with no NPC's so they don't advance your frame. Remember how the frame of the legend is accounted for to find your journal flips needed? Well, on a sweet scented pokemon, that frame is 2. Work from there.
EDIT: Of course, there are various pokemon that could appear whereas a legend will always be the same species. Read the first page to learn how to manipulate this.

When you put the hour into "Find initial seed by stats" (when hatching a shiny pokemon), does it have to be 2 digits? (ie. i'm trying to input the 5th hour - should this be 5 or 05)?.

Is this the same for the month, as well?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Would it have not been quicker to just try both ways (and note that the results are exactly the same) than to type up a post about it? lol.

It doesn't matter. 05 = 5.

When you're trying to hatch a shiny, and you've produced a seed (finding initial seed by stats), do the seconds and delay matter? What do they tell us, and are they needed to hatch a shiny?

I'm terribly sorry, I've read the guide many times and just can't understand what these two things tell us, or if they're needed to hatch a shiny.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i have a question:

Does anyone know how to use RNG with a mac? I've heard there was a way and no way every single person who does it on here has a windows/other operating system computer (other then mac).

Question, as the RNG Reporter doesn't have a handbook/guide included, and it would take a long process of trail and error to figure this out...
In the DPPt Time Finder, does the Synch option in Method J mean that anything thats listed by it will become the synching nature, or are the natures listed in the generated list the natures of the pokemon when you catch it? (An example; I want an adamant poke with OK att and speed IV's, and to have it shiny. I searched with Adamant in the Synch option, and I found the IV's I wanted on an Impish spread. Will it be Adamant if I use the syncher, or does the syncher fail? Because the list I have is about one quarter Adamant, and I am unsure if those are the only ones the Syncher affects.)

I hope I explained that clearly enough. It would certainly help me find some good Method J Pokemon, though the Method 1 Spreads are a lot harder to find what you want. (I would love a good natured Cresselia with average to good IV's, but can't seem to find much. Curse method 1.)

If you had the Adamant Synchronizer option on, then no, it won't. If you didn't, try it again with it on. The program includes all changes made by a synchronizer. And GL, I've discorved my Plat has like no good shinies spreads :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)