New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I have a Glaceon moveset for you.

Specs Glaceon
@Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- WATER PULSE
- Mirror Coat

People see a Glaceon and immediately switch out their Grass/Dragon/Flying pokemon and switch in a Fire/Rock/Steel/Fighting type to take out Glaceon. But what if they switch into a Choice Specs Water Pulse?
Something like Heatran, usually a menace to Ice pokemon, would suddenly be at risk of being KO'd or at least heavily damaged and a 30% chance of being confused.

Probably a bad idea, but it works for me, and I think Glaceon is a great pokemon.

Hey guys. I have a Glaceon moveset for you.

Specs Glaceon
@Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- WATER PULSE
- Mirror Coat

People see a Glaceon and immediately switch out their Grass/Dragon/Flying pokemon and switch in a Fire/Rock/Steel/Fighting type to take out Glaceon. But what if they switch into a Choice Specs Water Pulse?
Something like Heatran, usually a menace to Ice pokemon, would suddenly be at risk of being KO'd or at least heavily damaged and a 30% chance of being confused.

Probably a bad idea, but it works for me, and I think Glaceon is a great pokemon.
Standard Specs Glaceon runs HP Fighting, which will do more to a Heatran than Water Pulse does. In fact, there are very few commonly used Pokemont hat Water Pulse would do more to.

For UU I assume? Its probably outclassed by blaziken as a mixed attacker.

I would make the evs on your own. Find what you want to outspeed, give it those evs. Give it a neutral nature. ( I would prefer Flash Fire over intimidate for a mixed set so weather you want -Def or -SDef is up to you) I would max attack first and put the leftovers into special att.

Overheat
Flareblitz
Extremespeed
would have to be on every set or else you might as well use blaziken

Thunder Fang would probably be the best option in slot 4 as with a life orb you might actually be able to beat milotic especially if you get a flash fire boost.

I'm would help you develop more specific EV's but I have college so sadly I cannot invest the time.

Standard Specs Glaceon runs HP Fighting, which will do more to a Heatran than Water Pulse does. In fact, there are very few commonly used Pokemont hat Water Pulse would do more to.
Good point. But my Glaceon is shiny, evolved from a legit shiny Eevee I caught. It had great IVs in special attack and decent IVs in speed, hence the choice of Glaceon. But its IVs equate to a 40 strength Hidden Power with a terrible typing. It also rules out breeding moves, because I want to use Shiny Glaceon because it looks amazing. So I have limited choice of moves.

Water Pulse is better in this case.

Good point. But my Glaceon is shiny, evolved from a legit shiny Eevee I caught. It had great IVs in special attack and decent IVs in speed, hence the choice of Glaceon. But its IVs equate to a 40 strength Hidden Power with a terrible typing. It also rules out breeding moves, because I want to use Shiny Glaceon because it looks amazing. So I have limited choice of moves.

Water Pulse is better in this case.
To be quite frank: Nobody cares about your shiny Glaceon.

The thread is for competitive movesets. Competitively, there is no reason to use Water Pulse over HP Fighting. "Water Pulse is better because I'm not IV breeding" is not an excuse for a competitive moveset.

That said, replacing Mirror Coat with Baton Pass for scouting or Blizzard if you have Hail support would be better. Then you end up with the set that's already on the analysis.

my anti-lead gengar

like this lead Gengar i use:

Gengar

Item: focus sash
Nature: Mild
Ability: levitate
Ev's: 200 attack, 72 speed, 238 spe.attack

- taunt
- counter
- thunderbolt / energy ball
- suckerpunch

Okay here is how it's work:

Gengar is naturaly fast it seems like unnecessairy to use sucker punch (also because gengars low attack stat). but is is great to finish of sash users and scarfed leads. What do I do against common leads:

- Azelf: Is faster so I thunderbolt and suckerpunch the second turn to kill it.
- Smeargle: I'm faster so taunt and thunderbolt it to death.
- Mamoswine: I taunt if i predict SR and counter agäinst ice shard to activate sash. Next I sucker punch against his ice shard (I'm faster).
- Gyarados: Thunderbolt will KO.
- Swampert: Energy ball will KO. If I have thunderbolt, I will taunt and switch.
- Skarmory: Thunderbolt is a 2 HKO. (So I hope for crit ^^)
- Jirachi: I counter against iron head (hoping I don't flinch) and finish of with sucker punch.
- Heatran: I taunt for SR but mostly they switch out. so I could switch to counter.
- Metagross: he mostly SR so I taunt the first turn. Counter the second (against meteor mash) and finish off with sucker punch against his bullet punch.
- Infernape: It will SR the first time and fire blast the second to activate my sash. While I 2 HKO with thunderbolt.
-Aerodactyl: I'm slower, but thunderbolt will 2 HKO.

=> I think I got all common leads (thank to fohg) and I can counter them all (depending on moveset: thunderbolt or energy ball).

Okay guys I hope this is an original lead, please let me know!!

- Infernape: If I'm faster i'll taunt, if i'm slower I go for thunderbolt 2 times to kill it, since it will SR the first time and fire blast the second to activate my sash.
Your not going to outrun LeadApe, since they carry max speed an you are only running a handful of speed EV's.

Other wise it's an ok set, however you don't seem to use Counter that much, so I think Shadow Ball could be better.

Not to discourage anyone or anything, but there's more to creative sets than thinking of okay-ish leads for OU. There are plenty of great leads to choose from already. :)

edit @ chenman: yeah LO jolteon is pretty popular nowadays, and it'll probably be included when someone writes up an update

Other wise it's an ok set, however you don't seem to use Counter that much, so I think Shadow Ball could be better.
hmmm, okay, but shadow ball hits the same things as sucker punch does, besides the few pokes that are faster than me (e.g. azelf, alakazam, gengar, ...) are weak to sucker punch. They also have a lower defense stat than special defense.

Thunderbolt on the other hand has saved me a lot and so has counter.
Taunt and counter and sucker punch also works hand in hand together since the opponent must attack.

The be honest, I rarely had a moment where I wish a had shadow ball.

But thank you for your suggestion!

Moveset Name: Lightning rod
~ Toxic
~ Roar
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Lightning rod
Nature: Careful
EVs: Ordered 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD

This is meant to go with (Double Battles) a offensive Dragon dancing Gyarados,
A offensive Calm Mind Suicune, ect. that usually have trouble with
electric moves.
The idea is to toxic (the electric foe)
and then roar it.
It works really well,
and you can toxic quite a lot of the opponents team and dragon dance/calm mine up
before this Rhyperior bites the dust.

Moveset Name: Lightning rod
~ Toxic
~ Roar
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Lightning rod
Nature: Careful
EVs: Ordered 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD

This is meant to go with (Double Battles) a offensive Dragon dancing Gyarados,
A offensive Calm Mind Suicune, ect. that usually have trouble with
electric moves.
The idea is to toxic (the electric foe)
and then roar it.
It works really well,
and you can toxic quite a lot of the opponents team and dragon dance/calm mine up
before this Rhyperior bites the dust.
hmmm, this could work! But my question is why a careful nature? Or do you have SS support on your team? Have you tried it out?

I also think that Gyarados is the better option to pair this with, since Suicune and Rhyperior share a weakness (Grass).

But it's a good moveset and like I said: It could work ^^

Here's mine.

Name: ScarfElf
Pokemon: Azelf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Naive
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 Att, 212 SpA, 216 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch
-Psychic
-Fire Blast/Explosion

I'm surprised that this hasn't been thought of yet. With his incredible offensive stats and great speed, Azelf makes the ultimate mixed revenge killer. Thunderbolt is for Gyarados, Ice Punch is for Salamence/Flygon (note that I think he outspeeds Adamant Gyarados with 2 DDs), Psychic is for Infernape, Heracross, Breloom, Gengar and is his most powerful STAB move. Fire Blast is excellent for things like Agility Metagross, but Explosion is easily the better choice, since it will OHKO anything not resistant or immune to it, and it still deals massive damage to Rocks and Steels. What really sets this apart is the ability to outspeed Scarfed Latias and Gengar. I've not run the calcs, but I know Latias is 2HKOd by Ice Punch without SR, while Gengar is always OHKOd by Psychic. The unexpectedness of the set makes many Pokemon stay in, thinking that he's going to NP. ScarfElf is on all my teams, and nets 2 kills before the opponent catches on. I seriously recommend Explosion over Fire Blast. I'll run more calcs later to see if I can come up with an EV spread that OHKOs scarfed Latias with Ice Punch, while still getting the OHKO on Gyarados and Gengar. It should be noted that SR is crucial to give Azelf the KOs that it needs. (thanks Staraptor Call)

EDIT: I won't be able to OHKO Latias with Ice Punch, but it will always 2HKO, even without SR. So if Latias switches in and you nail it, and it thinks it can Draco Meteor you, that's probably the best way to kill scarfed Latias

Extremespeed Dragonite

Basically, standard offensive DDNite, just with Extremespeed from HG/SS.

Adamant, 252 Attack, 240 Speed, 16 HP,
Life Orb,

Dragon Dance,
Outrage,
Extremespeed,
Fire Punch/Fire Blast,

134 base attack is going to hurt anything an awful lot.

Given Ev's allow you to outspeed all Non-Scarfed Base 125's and lower after a single Dragon Dance (basically, say goodbye to being revenge killed by Ice Shard users) while your other attacks destroy all in their path.

Outrage for STAB, Fire Punch or Fire Blast for Steels. If using Blast, switch to Naughty/Lonely and put those HP EV's into SpA.

Finally, something he has over Salamence.

Why would you need Extremespeed if your Speed is going to be boosted by Dragon Dance? Doesn't it make sense to use Earthquake or Focus Punch there?

Why would you need Extremespeed if your Speed is going to be boosted by Dragon Dance? Doesn't it make sense to use Earthquake or Focus Punch there?

Ice Shard is a priority move, so without Extremespeed, Dragonite would be easily dispensed with by Weavile or Mamoswine, even with 6 Dragon Dances.

This isn't the only reason to use it, though. With it, Dragonite can easily revenge kill things like Salamence, (made even easier if you factor in LO recoil and Stealth Rock), or deal with Choice Scarfers. Fast and strong yet frail Pokemon like Infernape and Azelf are suddenly easy to destroy or set up on. In short, Dragonite becomes a Pokemon almost anyone can use.

Name: ScarfElf
Pokemon: Azelf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Naive
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 Att, 212 SpA, 216 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch
-Psychic
-Fire Blast/Explosion

I'm surprised that this hasn't been thought of yet. With his incredible offensive stats and great speed, Azelf makes the ultimate mixed revenge killer. Thunderbolt is for Gyarados, Ice Punch is for Salamence/Flygon (note that I think he outspeeds Adamant Gyarados with 2 DDs), Psychic is for Infernape, Heracross, Breloom, Gengar and is his most powerful STAB move. Fire Blast is excellent for things like Agility Metagross, but Explosion is easily the better choice, since it will OHKO anything not resistant or immune to it, and it still deals massive damage to Rocks and Steels. What really sets this apart is the ability to outspeed Scarfed Latias and Gengar. I've not run the calcs, but I know Latias is 2HKOd by Ice Punch without SR, while Gengar is always OHKOd by Psychic. The unexpectedness of the set makes many Pokemon stay in, thinking that he's going to NP. ScarfElf is on all my teams, and nets 2 kills before the opponent catches on. I seriously recommend Explosion over Fire Blast. I'll run more calcs later to see if I can come up with an EV spread that OHKOs scarfed Latias with Ice Punch, while still getting the OHKO on Gyarados and Gengar.

EDIT: I won't be able to OHKO Latias with Ice Punch, but it will always 2HKO, even without SR. So if Latias switches in and you nail it, and it thinks it can Draco Meteor you, that's probably the best way to kill scarfed Latias
Honestly, this set sucks. Looking at Azelf's stats, you see 125 in both attacks, as well as decent speed (I forget the exact number), and you're right, it screams, "Mixed Set!", but Azelf's mixed sweeping ability is severely limited by it's movepool. The reason Infernape can mixed sweep so well isn't simply because it's attack stats are so higher, but rather because his movepool has Close Combat, a 120 BP move with STAB. With a total of 180 BP, you don't even need that many EVs in Atk to begin killing things weak to CC. The closest thing Azelf has to that it Psychic, which is it's core move anyway and has terrible typing. Also, saying, "People don't expect it so it's gud!!!" isn't a valid reason to use your set, unless the set has a purpose, for example, Counter TTar to take out something like Scizor.

Lead-Duggy

I've used this dugtrio lead on shoddy. It works well in UU since he is nearly never outsped. Okay give your opinion.
name: dugtrio
item: focus sash
ability: arena trap
ev's: 252 att, 252 spe, 6 hp

- stealth rock
- earthquake
- rock slide
- night slash/ sucker punch

Okay, here is how it works:

This actualy works like an aerodactyl in OU (except for taunt) but with a trumph card: arena trap.
SR the first turn, and fire away STAB earthquakes. Or rock slides on flying foes, and maybe even get a flinch.

Sucker punch is for priority users, but since there aren't a lot of them who sucker punch really hurt, night slash is the superiour option here. You can also opt for pursuit do do some damage againt levitating foes like uxie as they switch out.

Since arena trap prevents the foe from switching out you can get the advantage right from the beginning. After the opposing lead is dead, they will obviously send in a counter for dugtrio, but you can switch him out and give him a another shot later in the game.

-----

I have been using this set for a while now in UU and for some reason people hardly ever lead with a SR-user. This means that if Duggy SR himself, the opponent has a free turn to attack him and most likely activate his sash. Dugtrio is fast but hardly ever succeed in scoring a KO with neutral damage. This results in Duggy being dead and me being behind in score.
So I often switch him in the beginning and save him for later for against a pokemon stuck in a electric attack and is prevented from fleeing (arena trap) so I could easly set up SR and kill him without losing the sash.

Okay let me hear what you guys think!

HEY! I was surfing the net and I read somewhere that there are going to be new egg moves in hg/ss. :o Some of the most noteable moves I spotted was
Murkrow-BBird
Tropius-DDance
Bulbasuar-PWhip

and ofcourse it is now confirmed that there is a dratini in the game with extreme speed! OMG.... :P

Oh btw that was a horrible thing to say about that persons shiny glaceon <.<. You could have been a little softer.

Honestly, this set sucks. Looking at Azelf's stats, you see 125 in both attacks, as well as decent speed (I forget the exact number), and you're right, it screams, "Mixed Set!", but Azelf's mixed sweeping ability is severely limited by it's movepool. The reason Infernape can mixed sweep so well isn't simply because it's attack stats are so higher, but rather because his movepool has Close Combat, a 120 BP move with STAB. With a total of 180 BP, you don't even need that many EVs in Atk to begin killing things weak to CC. The closest thing Azelf has to that it Psychic, which is it's core move anyway and has terrible typing. Also, saying, "People don't expect it so it's gud!!!" isn't a valid reason to use your set, unless the set has a purpose, for example, Counter TTar to take out something like Scizor.
This Azelf isn't supposed to sweep, it's supposed to revenge kill. There's a difference. Scarf Azelf is meant to be able to KO opposing sweepers even if they have set up, and, for example, can outspeed and OHKO Salamence or Gyarados after a Dragon Dance. Azelf also serves as a lure, and makes the opponent think they are faster and stay in while they are actually not faster and get KOed.

And another thing the poster of the Scarf Azelf set should mention is that Stealth Rock is practically required for this set since Azelf has not item boost to its attack stats and needs all the help it can get securing some KOs.

Edited that SR is crucial to Azelf's success. Basically every team carries it though anyway. And Upside, I clearly stated in the first sentence that it was a revenge-killer, and not a sweeper. I know Infernape does that better.

hmmm, this could work! But my question is why a careful nature? Or do you have SS support on your team? Have you tried it out?

I also think that Gyarados is the better option to pair this with, since Suicune and Rhyperior share a weakness (Grass).

But it's a good moveset and like I said: It could work ^^
Hey, thanks!
This is my first set, and I'm glad someone liked it!
I will try some damage calculations, and post them in a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)