Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have a step by step guide on my thread for shiny eggs on HGSS as well, for anyone who wants to use both Efemera's guide and mine. I don't have pictures, but it is step by step, which might help noobs avoid missing steps in the RNG process.

This is all incredibly freakin confusing.

I have HG. I want a Latias, Modest, 31 in everything but Attack would be nice. I couldn't care less whether or not it was shiny.

I have not been to the fan club in vermillion, and I have not yet recieved the national dex.

Is there a simple way to explain to me how the heck I do this?

This is all incredibly freakin confusing.

I have HG. I want a Latias, Modest, 31 in everything but Attack would be nice. I couldn't care less whether or not it was shiny.

I have not been to the fan club in vermillion, and I have not yet recieved the national dex.

Is there a simple way to explain to me how the heck I do this?
I used the method where you first kill it and then you catch it after defeating the E4 which causes it to roam again. If you don't want to wait that long to catch her, then ignore this. But if you are willing to wait, then tell me so and I can help you.

I found a Method 1/J spread that produces a Modest nature, and 31's in everything. After using it a few times, I thought that it would be cool to get it on a Ditto as well.

So I go into the encounter codes sheet for Pearl, and find that Ditto is on Route 218, and is under the "Pokeradar" catagory. I don't know how RNGing with the Pokeradar works; I've always just used Sweet Scent to RNG wild Pokemon.

In this case, would Ditto be a Method 1, or J Pokemon? And once I do the RNG advances, do I just use the Pokeradar and go into the fist grass patch I see, or do I need to do something else?

Has anyone had delays swinging high and low despite Pikatimer being on the same setting every time? Today, I can't rely on my delays because of this and therefore Pikatimer is almost useless. Anyone else experience this? Did you have a solution?

I had a problem where it kept on changing the second timer to 5.XX seconds. Clicking, Reset and then Create Timer fixed the problem for me.

Yeah, this isn't Pikatimer though. At least I don't think so. It's some sort of weird swinging in my delays, sometimes as far off as 50 points,usually around ten to either side.

Yesterday, I did two pokes and narrowed the delays down until I got my seed time. Today, I can't do this at all because the delays are swinging back and forth like crazy.

Ah, that's what you mean... Haven't had that problem. Yesterday I used Pikatimer for the first time, and got it in 4 resets. Today I think I've done about 6... it was 490 a few times, and now it's 494, so it's going up little by little... (my target is 500)

Maybe you're the one that keeps oscillating between being fast or slow. Or maybe Pikatimer is overshooting it? Why don't you look at the range of timer times you're getting, and then use the middle of that range? This way it'll be longer than when you hit a smaller delay and shorter than when you hit a longer delay :)

No, I don't think it's me. I'm not doing anything different than yesterday. I listen to the warning dings and hit the buttons exactly on zero for the first timer and the second. This is what I did yesterday with good success, but today, I'm having trouble with wild delays. And I mean wild, like way off, in some cases. My fingers are not that goofy.

I have just been RNG breeding some pokemon, i have used the same seed and such twice in a row, as i am going for flawless on two different natures, on the quiet nature, i hit the right frame, which was 8, but on the second nature, modest i am hitting frame 7, why did the frame change like that, i thought it would be constant on the same seed :s

I have just been RNG breeding some pokemon, i have used the same seed and such twice in a row, as i am going for flawless on two different natures, on the quiet nature, i hit the right frame, which was 8, but on the second nature, modest i am hitting frame 7, why did the frame change like that, i thought it would be constant on the same seed :s
Is this on DPPt? The large number of NPCs moving around the map in Solaceon Town can advance the RNG. The number you start on will change every time you save. This is by far the most annoying part of RNGing in DPPt.

Okay, so I wanna know what happened... I'm trying to get a Staryu via fishing on route 34. I got my seed and frame, and used it to find my time and delay. I resetted, until I got my right delay and confirmed via Elm. I checked the encounter slots of the frame too, and the super rod number corresponds to Staryu's number with using a super rod at night in route 34. Also, before I had done tests where I used the fishing rod to catch and pokemon and checked how many frames had advanced, and got 3 frames. My target frame was 992, so I advanced my game with the radio and elm to frame 989. I then used the super rod, and didn't get a nibble. I tried the super rod again, encountered a staryu (not the one I wanted, as it wasn't shiny) caught it, and it corresponded to frame 993. Can someone tell me what happened, and if there's anyway to avoid it? (I guess not getting anything on the super rod advances the rng by 1?)

Oh, and I don't know if this affects fishing, but they mentioned in the sweet scent section... If it matters, I have not been on a bike this entire time, and have had a pokemon out.

I finally have my sid so im ready to learn to rng.
all I want is a shiny charmander, I dont care about ivs or its nature since I wont use it competitively. for some reason i cant download he pika timer, is it needed? is there an alternative?

edit: found a different clock to use
still somewhat lost though

I finally have my sid so im ready to learn to rng.
all I want is a shiny charmander, I dont care about ivs or its nature since I wont use it competitively. for some reason i cant download he pika timer, is it needed? is there an alternative?

edit: found a different clock to use
still somewhat lost though
Check out my noob guide on my thread. It might help you.

Go through it all step by step again and see if you can spot where you deviated from the instructions. And make sure you give yourself a wide margin for error on the delays. When not using Pikatimer, I find +/- 20 in both directions is good.

I won't be able to help you further tonight. It's late here and I'm off to bed. Good luck.

Go through it all step by step again and see if you can spot where you deviated from the instructions. And make sure you give yourself a wide margin for error on the delays. When not using Pikatimer, I find +/- 20 in both directions is good.

I won't be able to help you further tonight. It's late here and I'm off to bed. Good luck.
yeah im tired, i might wait until morning before I try again
thanks for everything though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)