Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMG THE GRASS MONKEY LOOKS SO COOOOOL!!! Is every type of the monkeys gonna get a different evo? Does each one get its own number in the dex?

Maybe... Instead of being a Dragonite... It's a new Pokemon! OMFG!

Wait, no... no... Game Freak wouldn't put a new Pokemon in a new game...
Failed Smartass attempt bro.

All people are saying is that it does look an awful lot like a Dragonite, if the Games are set in the Future then it would be cool to see some older gen pokes face the "Lapras Effect".

Reason why Plasma is there is to play their respects and remember what they are fighting for.

It wouldn't be the first time Game Freak has set a game in the future. GSC took place 3 years after RBY, and trading between the games involved a time machine. What with Isshu looking modern and futuristic, I wouldn't be surprised if it was set a 1000 or so years into the future.

I've always believed the Fire starters = Chinese Zodiac signs too. Cyndaquil is a bit of reach but I was willing to go with the "fire mouse" Pokedex classification...
What zodiac symbol is charmander? I don't remember there beinga lizard/salamander one.

Also, it is entirely possible that this is a new dragon fossil with the typing of Rock/Dragon.

Personally, I want a Ghost/Rock ruins type of thing or maybe a Rock/Flying like the Sandbird from Mario Sunshine (with a mix of the Dragoon from Kirby).

One can hope, lmao.

It wouldn't be the first time Game Freak has set a game in the future. GSC took place 3 years after RBY, and trading between the games involved a time machine. What with Isshu looking modern and futuristic, I wouldn't be surprised if it was set a 1000 or so years into the future.
1000 Years is a little much fars a gap, maybe 10 or 30 at most.

Eh, I think what CRASHiC is saying is that every generation has a reptile starter that ends up a dinosaur (kinda)

Charizard is a dragon (?), Feraligatr is a tyrannosaurus, Sceptile seems to be some kind of raptor (or at least grovyle definitely is) and Torterra is an Ankylosaurus.

Edit: Beaten.
What? A dragon is not a dinosaur >.>

Also, if Feraligatr is any type of dinosaur it is an ancient Crocodile one, not a tyranosaurus. The body proportions are horrible for a tyranosaurus. Sceptile I cannot see as a dinosaur in anyway. I personally thought of it as a ninja/assassin gecko when it first came out.

The only pokemon that resemble dinosaurs in my opinion are Rampardos, Bastidon, Tropius, Meganium, Aerodactyl, and Torterra (probably forgot some giveaways).

The only modern area we've seen so far is Hiun City, which is based on NYC. Every other area looks about on the same level as the current games. Hell, some even look a little less developed, like the town Aloe is the leader in.

The only modern area we've seen so far is Hiun City, which is based on NYC. Every other area looks about on the same level as the current games. Hell, some even look a little less developed, like the town Aloe is the leader in.
Inb4GFisracist.

Does anyone know if TOMY figures of the 5th gen. have been released yet? I know that Zorua and Zoroark have, but what about Minezumi, Moguryu and such?

Dragon, of course. You should ask what Typhlosion is - though people have said Mouse, most likely.
Eh.. technically the zodiac symbol is a rat. I thought of Cyndaquil as a shrew type thing... meh I guess you could argue that Cyndaquil is a mouse, but I don't see Typhlosion as anything close it. He looks more like a wolverine or something.

What? A dragon is not a dinosaur >.>

Also, if Feraligatr is any type of dinosaur it is an ancient Crocodile one, not a tyranosaurus. The body proportions are horrible for a tyranosaurus. Sceptile I cannot see as a dinosaur in anyway. I personally thought of it as a ninja/assassin gecko when it first came out.

The only pokemon that resemble dinosaurs in my opinion are Rampardos, Bastidon, Tropius, Meganium, Aerodactyl, and Torterra (probably forgot some giveaways).
Technically, pterodactyls are not dinosaurs.

Venusaur is pretty dinosaur like, too, especially given its name.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Dragon, of course. You should ask what Typhlosion is - though people have said Mouse, most likely.
Typlosion is something like a wolverine (maybe). Cyndaquil is not a rat, maybe an echidna or even an aardvark, but not a rat. The pokédex is nonsense sometimes (Zangoose = Cat Ferret, WTF?).

Do I have to remember that Torterra is based on a mythological turtle that had mountains and trees on the back of it's shell?
Pokemon seldom take influences from only one thing. You're all right, so can we stop getting snarkie in our TORTERRA IS A _______. ?

I don't remember reading this, but I have something that's probably obvious to say.

Much earlier, people speculated that some plot point would involve nature vs. technology. Well, we were somewhat on the money; it seems to involve old vs. new.

It hit me when my friend noted that it was weird that a highway was running straight across a desert in a screenshot, even though that's more nature vs. tech. ._. Basically, the brand spanking new city and the sporadic ancient ruins lend to the idea. Also, the fact that Team Plasma is the "villainous" team and they have things like fancy robes and coronation ceremonies, things that we associate with since antiquated practices.

It's a pretty cool idea.

That skeleton is 100% a Dragonite.

Perhaps since Isshue is set far away that region's pokemon have been hunted down to endangerd or extinct levels. But to say that all dragonite are extinct seems a bit much.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Wait a second! Maybe black is set in the future since it has those futuristic buildings, and white is in the past since it has those foresty places. Team plasma could be coming from a far future to stop the future extinction of all pokemon, and brought back a fossil to remind them.

Much earlier, people speculated that some plot point would involve nature vs. technology. Well, we were somewhat on the money; it seems to involve old vs. new.
Just an interesting tidbit, the Red/Blue/Green saga in the PokeSpecial Manga already did Nature vs. Technology (Pallet Town was a "pure town", while Team Rocket used high tech).

Wait a second! Maybe black is set in the future since it has those futuristic buildings, and white is in the past since it has those foresty places. Team plasma could be coming from a far future to stop the future extinction of all pokemon, and brought back a fossil to remind them.
Wow, that could be really cool, depending on how they made each game differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)