Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
New page.
Jolly lets you outspeed specific Pokes. I swear I read in the 4th Gen analysis about which ones are outsped, but I can't remember.

You could just VM/PM the writer (if posting isn't allowed in that forum; I've never been there) and ask them why they chose Jolly.

Jolly lets you outspeed specific Pokes. I swear I read in the 4th Gen analysis about which ones are outsped, but I can't remember.

You could just VM/PM the writer (if posting isn't allowed in that forum; I've never been there) and ask them why they chose Jolly.
According to the Gen 4 analysis, it's for defensive Milotic and Venusaur sets, as well as other walls. Not sure how applicable that is in the current OU metagame metagame, where the analysis was written for. But then, the analysis was rejected, so it's kind of a moot point.

Ok thanks you two! Hm the analysis in 4 Gen was written for UU I think, so I don't know how usefull outspeeding Milotic is (and Venosaur is nowadays a sweeper anyway). I don't care if it was rejected, I still want to use it^^

How does the Poison Touch ability stack with attacks that can cause poison? Like, Poison Jab has a 30% chance to poison the opponent. Does Poison Touch cause that to raise to 50%, raise to 44%, or does it cause two separate checks at 30% and then 20%?

Zacchaeus:

In fact, however, the situation you just described can indeed happen, according to my in-game testing. The additional effect of poisoning happens, the Pokemon's item heals the poison, and then the Poison Touch effect triggers.

If Poison Touch had raised the additional effect chance of attacks with an additional effect of poisoning the opponent, the result would have been inconsistent in the case of attacks with a different kind of additional effect, since even for these kinds of attacks, both the additional effect and the poisoning can occur with Poison Touch.

So, for example:

Poison Jab can have a 30% chance to cause poison, and Poison Touch gives its attacker a 30% chance to cause poison. Combined this results in a 51% chance (not 60%) to cause poison.

Crunch can have a 20% chance to decrease Defense, and Poison Touch gives its attacker a 30% chance to cause poison. The chance for both effects is 6%; that is, the Poison Touch effect doesn't raise the chance to lower Defense by 30% and thereby prevent Poison Touch from causing poison.

EDIT: Examples corrected.

EDIT 2: According to further tests, Poison Touch actually does have a 30% chance to cause poison. Editing accordingly.

A 20% and a 30% chance to cause poison, with each being independent, doesn't result in a 56% chance to poison; it results in a 44% chance to poison.

Also, you have the chances mixed up. Poison Jab has a 30% chance; Poison Touch has a 20% chance.

Do I want to keep this Terrakion?

Jolly
27 HP
28 Atk
0 Def
10 SpA
3 SpDef
26 Speed

Most likely doing the dual stat booster set SevenDeadlySins has in his OU Analysis. Swords Dance / Rock Polish / Stone Edge / Close Combat.

I'm thinking I'll keep it, since the Atk and Speed are great, with good HP too. Those defenses scare me though.

Do I want to keep this Terrakion?

Jolly
27 HP
28 Atk
0 Def
10 SpA
3 SpDef
26 Speed

Most likely doing the dual stat booster set SevenDeadlySins has in his OU Analysis. Swords Dance / Rock Polish / Stone Edge / Close Combat.

I'm thinking I'll keep it, since the Atk and Speed are great, with good HP too. Those defenses scare me though.
Since you're using RP, I'm not aware of anything that'll outspeed you because of the imperfect Speed (except for other RP Terrakions), so I'd keep it. Defenses aren't so important IMO.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The defences shouldn't be terribly important, since once I set up I'll be OHKO'ing or 2HKO'ing most things anyway.

The biggest issue I have with the defenses is that Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, and Vaccum Wave will hurt a lot more, but I really shouldn't be staying in on those anyway. With a solid counter to those it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I'm gonna keep the Terrakion. Thanks for the advice.

Heres a question does A shiny pokemon have better IV values than a non shiny pokemon or is it random like non shiny pokemon? thanks.

So an azumarill with a base 50 atk adamant maxed and huge power is pretty much base 150. What would a sheer force nidoking's special attack maxed out be equivalent to considering its boost?

So an azumarill with a base 50 atk adamant maxed and huge power is pretty much base 150. What would a sheer force nidoking's special attack maxed out be equivalent to considering its boost?
This really isn't something you need someone else to answer.

With max SpA and a positive nature, Nidoking reaches 295 SpA. With Sheer Force, he's hitting as if he has 386 SpA, approximately the same amount as a Pokemon with base 126 SpA, not that any exist. With a neutral nature used instead, both results increase just as much, so it's still about equal to 126 SpA.

Here's a quesiton is bullet punch scizor legal because he can only learn it from move tutor in plat but you can't transfer move tutor pokemon to Black/white so is bullet punch legal on scizors in Black and White?

Here's a quesiton is bullet punch scizor legal because he can only learn it from move tutor in plat but you can't transfer move tutor pokemon to Black/white so is bullet punch legal on scizors in Black and White?
You can transfer a Pokemon with any move that isn't an HM.

How can I find the Eeveelution in the dream world is it random? I know I will get a Jolteon as the result of the game, but how can I get it?

So its still considered unreleased even though people are offering eevees with thier abilities
Yes, those people are offering hacks.

Edit - if you're saying they're offering Anticipation Eevees, then they're offering hacks, but if they're offering male Japanese DW level 10+ Eeveelutions, then they're mostly legit (depending on who owns them), since they were released in Japan months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)