5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Okay I believe I understand where my problem came from. It was me misunderstanding how the time finder worked. Thank you for answering my question.

I also realized that I made an error on the Mother/Father IV thing. Now I got to start over from scratch, but this time I learned something important.

No problem. It confused me a little bit when I tried to use the shiny egg finder at first, too. Good luck trying to hatch your egg. :)

im trying to RNG a starter. meaning, the [gift] starter. Now.. i've tried to do it a few times.. but I just can't get it right. i've read posts/videos, etc.. but can someone do a little step by step for me? so i can get this done.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
im trying to RNG a starter. meaning, the [gift] starter. Now.. i've tried to do it a few times.. but I just can't get it right. i've read posts/videos, etc.. but can someone do a little step by step for me? so i can get this done.
You're not going to get a guide that is better than all the stuff already out there for that exact purpose. Instead of asking for an entire re-writing of what already exists, ask for clarification on particular parts. It makes it much easier for you to get answers and for us to address your issues.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My parameters are
Vcount :60
Vframe: 6
Gxstat: 6
Timer0min: C7E Timer0max: C7E
ID 16649
SID 47501

Also I was't really trying to look for any good IVs. I only want to do this for practice and I did get results but every time I hit them, they are never shiny.
I meant the numbers you were searching for (IVs, max shiny frame, etc.). Sorry for the ambiguity there.

Chances are you either aren't hitting the seed or aren't doing the PID advancements properly. Are you confirming the IVs?

Is there a guide anywhere (text or video) that explains how to RNG Tornadus/Thundurus? I don't care about shiny, but from what I understand, just IV/natures are very difficult. Has anyone here done it successfully (without any "external help")?

Is there a guide anywhere (text or video) that explains how to RNG Tornadus/Thundurus? I don't care about shiny, but from what I understand, just IV/natures are very difficult. Has anyone here done it successfully (without any "external help")?
Third post in this thread.

I know these two questions have probably been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer.

Every time I close my RNG Reporter, it doesn't save my information such as my DS MAC Address and version so I have to go through the calibration process all over. Is there any way to save it so I don't have to keep calibrating each time?

Last, a general question. I'm not getting multiple seeds as described in the pictures when I leave my max/min at 1. Sometimes I get one seed and sometimes none at all. What's wrong?

If my information such as what I'm trying to catch and my DS MAC address is needed, I'll post, but I thought both of my questions were pretty basic and might not my information to be answered.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Last, a general question. I'm not getting multiple seeds as described in the pictures when I leave my max/min at 1. Sometimes I get one seed and sometimes none at all. What's wrong?

It could be that you are searching for seeds with No KeyPress Combo. When you put that on 3, you'll get many results. Unless the seed you are looking for is too specified. (31/31/31/31/31/31, Male, ability 0, Adamant, encounterslot 4)

okay so since im trying to RNG a starter [gift pokemon], how can i advance frames if i don't have any pokemon in my party.. to move 128 steps with.

do i have to only use Frame 1 seeds?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
okay so since im trying to RNG a starter [gift pokemon], how can i advance frames if i don't have any pokemon in my party.. to move 128 steps with.

do i have to only use Frame 1 seeds?
To expand on that, yes, you can only use frame 1 IV seeds. You can advance to whatever frame necessary as far as the PIDRNG is concerned though. You should be looking for one around 50 or so.

yeah i dont understand the PIDRNG type stuff yet, so i guess that's my next thing to work on. same with shininess. but yeah.. i was able to get the right IVs, so that's a start.

Toast++

yeah i dont understand the PIDRNG type stuff yet, so i guess that's my next thing to work on. same with shininess. but yeah.. i was able to get the right IVs, so that's a start.
They are just two separate RNGs that the game uses. The PIDRNG advances differently and controls different things like nature and shininess.

Toast++

wait.. so seriously.. if i save the game 18747 times.. it'll be shiny, brave, with the ivs i want?
Well.. if your starting frame really is 45, yes. The point was that you need to pick one on a lower frame though. That is the difficulty.

so to adjust that, im assuming is go for a different IV seed spread? different key holding, etc?

but yeah, 45 really is the starting frame, it's what it gave me anyways.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
so to adjust that, im assuming is go for a different IV seed spread? different key holding, etc?

Yes, you really need to find yourself a different spread. Trust me, you really want that xD

Toast++

Yeah.. look for something with a decent frame 1 IV spread and a shiny frame in the first 70 (or however many you can deal with) frames.

Hello, I asked here once how to capture perfect IVd shiny roamers, and OmegaDonut said that you have to do it by lots of trials and errors. I have done all kinds of RNG this Gen, but I have no idea what he means by that. Could someone clarify how the process works? And maybe even include some tips which would be helpfull? :p

Another question about the same matter: I heard that maybe some day, it could be possible not only to control the IVFrame, but the PIDFrame as well for roamers and that it will involve the SID and a controlled start of the game. Should I rather wait till this new method comes out, or just get them by trial and error?

------------------------------
I know what trial and error is^^ But where should I try to start? I searched for a good Seed in the Time Finder, but I don't know how to continue from there on. The rain advances the PID by some 100 Frames per Second, so if I furiously mash "a", the PID will be extremely high (Can someone tell me where I should more or less start looking for this "initial PID"?), but I can't tell exactly how high the initial PID will be.

And if I know where my "initial PID" more or less is, how to go on from there? Lets say my initial PID is 1900, and my shiny is at 2022 - Do I just have to wait ~2 Seconds more and hope that it was right? Meaning I just have to "feel" when to talk to it..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)