The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
aye, maybe in about 5 years if they carry on developing at their current rate. But they're probably not going to now, are they? they need to gain experience and it's gonna be tough to do that being 3rd and 4th in the pecking order at Old Trafford. I suppose it's nice to have cover for the injury-prone Rio but I can't help but feel this is wasteful in more ways than one.

@ lee: fergie just doesn't want kenny or wenger to get him. jones will just rot on the bench

however he can play as a defensive midfielder because they say he is good on the ball (although im not sure about this as he always looked to hoof the ball rather than pass it or link up with the midfield in the u21 match against spain.) wasteful

also steve keane said that the deal is over £20m

yeah they're much worse than you are, i'm just complaining because the ashley young signing is current, it annoys me just as much when city do it :P

Lee

@ Thick Club
akuchi you're cool and everything but we are going to fall out if these rumours about Big Al taking over at Cardiff turn out to be true haha.

hahahahahaha, what the FUCK is going on with that? I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw that earlier

also here's a stat: Birmingham have had a higher net spend over the past two years (since McLeish took over) than anyone but City and Chelsea. and he's just lumbered Birmingham with a violent sex offender!

Nolan's having a medical at West Ham, looks like big Sam lured him to play in a lower league...that and he'll be getting a massive payrise. He could have done a job for any top 10 Prem team..

Lol.. looks like he wants to avoid any real competition.

Unless he wants to be a big fish in a little pond. Or likes the feel of bringing a club back to the prem. freaky.

If you knew anything about Kevin Nolan, then you'd know he isn't one to shy away from anything. It's the Big Sam factor + the glory of getting West Ham back into the Premier League, rather than "mid-table mediocrity."

So Norwich has officially signed Bennett, Slim Guldo do you think he can make the jump to EPL.
I can't say I'm entirely sure. He's certainly very talented, but the jump from playing in League 1 to the Premiership is a big one. I think he'll probably come good, he's young and should be able to adapt, but don't be surprised if he doesn't make it straight away. I really hope he does succeed though, because then if Crofts does well than that's three players that I've seen play for Brighton do well in the Premiership (the others being Crofts if he does well and Zamora!)

Lee

@ Thick Club
I don't hate him so I don't see why you would. He has been a fantastic servant to the club and was one of the biggest contributors in getting us back into the Premiership and then in making sure we stayed there.

I'm disappointed but, as always, it seems a measure of blame needs to be pointed at the Newcastle hierarchy - Nolan requested a new contract deal a few weeks back and it was promptly rejected. Then his old buddy Sam Allardyce comes along and offers him a big stack of money and makes him feel wanted? How can you blame him? It does make me question his ambition though - I feel he was on the verge of breaking through into the England squad and another good season would have put him in good stead for the Euros. No chance of that from the Championship, Kev.

I'm worried about the knock-on effect this is going to have too - a few months back Barton was quoted as saying he would leave the club if Kevin Nolan was sold in the summer. And now, this on Twitter.

Joey Barton said:
'Just on my way to Ascot, feel sick. #whatgoinonatthetoonffs [What's going on at the Toon, for ***** sake]'. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext [Me, Jose (Enrique) and Jonas (Gutierrez) next]'.
fuck my life

what the hell.. it's like Newcastle are acting like they got relegated the way they're shipping off players. And now planning on going back down?

and i thought being an arsenal supporter this year[upcoming few months] was bad.

I loled. i hope liverpool raid newcastle's squad

now lets get jose enrique and jonas guttierez. tiote wouldn't hurt too, good back up for lucas and spearing lul.

IT STARTS WITH 'M' AND IT ENDS WITH 'Y'

mike ashley lol

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
that sentence ends in l

but yeah man arsenal clearly have it terribly, i mean i thought i had it bad when leeds got relegated 2 divisions to league 1, but how wrong was i?!

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Yeah, Big Sam (Allardyce) loves his former Bolton players. He took El-Hadji Diouf to Bolton, Sunderland, and Blackburn and is apparently interested in the Senegalese striker again, today he bought Abdoulaye Faye, from Stoke, on a free, he too, is a former Bolton defender. And now he wants Nolan from Newcastle, he was a fans' and manager's favourite during his time at Bolton. That's why Big Sam made him captain when Jay-Jay Okacha left.

Basically, the West Ham board have said to Big Sam, 'We have to be back in the top-flight next season, no ifs nor buts about it, we will provide you with the money for transfers and wages, buy whoever you like, especially those you've worked well with in the past. If we don't get straight back though, there'll be trouble fo you...'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)