VGC '12 Updates: November 13th Regionals

good job everyone at your regionals, I had a great time even more so than Newark with the time to spend with a lot of people from Smogon. You guys made it for me! Congratz everyone :D

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MO
Final round of masters now
biffsterPKMN 4-2
TeeJ 4-2
Alaka 3-3
TeeJ's wife beats mattj (3-3, 2-4)

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MO
Final Standings via TeeJ:

Calm_Lava 5th
biffsterPKMN 9th
TeeJ 12th
ryuzaki vgc 15th
DadRank 23rd
jhud 26th
Mrs. TJ 30th
Alaka 31st
mattj 35th

Uhhhhhh so I got 3rd at VA prior the this dude who got DQ'd.. what place did he get? x_x I definitely got the paperwork for 3rd place lol..

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
IN
tad won Masters I believe. He was updating me every roud through WhatsApp I think but it screwed up on me and I just got a huge dump of info just now instead of periodically.

Edit: yes theamericandream38 is first in Indiana with 7-0. Unfortunately nobody else we know got Top 4. Pyscho almost made it.
Would've been 4th if him and tad IDed last round, since tad got paired down with him due to being the only undefeated remaining, but they didn't think about it until too late. ;(

5th place feels like a knife wound to my dreams. At least I have 3D Mario to absorb the tears lol. Gl to those who are still competing!

Firestorm

OR
Duy 1-0
Team Rocket Elite 1-0
R Inanimate 1-0
Evan Falco 1-0 ?
The Lube 1-0 ?
Dragonking700 1-0

CA
aside from makiri 6-0 mentioned above
Huy 3-3

Uhhhhhh so I got 3rd at VA prior the this dude who got DQ'd.. what place did he get? x_x I definitely got the paperwork for 3rd place lol.
Woot! CakesOfSpan!! Good job man! I definitely remember you were telling me your chances to get to the top 4 were slim. I told you anything is possible! Congrats man! :D

Congrats to everyone who won/placed at their Regional today.

I'll be at the Spring VGC event in Philly with my cousin. I'm ready to defend my hometown in my first ever tournament. We both hope to place in two different divisions (Masters for myself and Juniors for my cousin). I'm looking forward to seeing some Smogonites there.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
There is no I.Ding in Pokemon:
http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms/pdf/op/tournaments/2012/pokemon_tournament_rules_11_1_2011.pdf

Page 10 - there has to be a winner and a loser for every match.
Well even if tad forfeit they both would've been 6-1 and finished Top 4. Top 4 was 7-0, 6-1, 6-1, and the 5-2 with the best SoS. Tad would've still been 1st, because I remember his opponent's win% was something ridiculous like 70%, but it would mean Psycho would've had a chance to be 2nd/3rd being 6-1 instead of a potential 5-1-1.

Alternatively, they could've engineered a way to legitimately draw the match via residual damage or Explosion or something. I don't know if their teams are capable of doing that and I'm not going to read through all the rules looking for a self-KO clause or whatever, just mentioning it as a possibility.

Well even if tad forfeit they both would've been 6-1 and finished Top 4. Top 4 was 7-0, 6-1, 6-1, and the 5-2 with the best SoS. Tad would've still been 1st, because I remember his opponent's win% was something ridiculous like 70%, but it would mean Psycho would've had a chance to be 2nd/3rd being 6-1 instead of a potential 5-1-1.

Alternatively, they could've engineered a way to legitimately draw the match via residual damage or Explosion or something. I don't know if their teams are capable of doing that and I'm not going to read through all the rules looking for a self-KO clause or whatever, just mentioning it as a possibility.
If they went to a draw, say rocky helmet, it would go into sudden death. There has to be a clear winner/loser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)