Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone dreading that the Fennekin final evolution could be mono fire? Gamefreak could be trolling us with those psychic moves since Ninetales a mono fire type gets several psychic moves.

Anyone dreading that the Fennekin final evolution could be mono fire? Gamefreak could be trolling us with those psychic moves since Ninetales a mono fire type gets several psychic moves.
WPM' source has been right so far. There's no reason to believe they'd be wrong now. Especially since TrollFreak tried to troll us with Glow Punch, I strongly believe Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic.

by watching the video i noticed that mega absol at lvl 50 has 140 hp, hum... looks like it retains same base hp, since absolute minimum is 140 hp at lvl 50
Bulbapedia and Serebii mention that it's Attack and Speed stats are increased by the Mega Evo. Maybe this means the other stats don't change?

Yveltal's new move looks like it may actually be Oblivion Wing? The move's description talks about the user flying up before descending to do damage. That special beam attack from the sky never struck me as the move, either.

Just a heads up, the Megas are obviously not going to change HP bc you can do it anytime in battle. If your current HP is 300 and your max changed to 400, that doesn't help you at all and is kind of silly. Also, every demo so far is consistent with the idea, we don't need to double check 235 times

Yveltal's new move looks like it may actually be Oblivion Wing? The move's description talks about the user flying up before descending to do damage. That special beam attack from the sky never struck me as the move, either.
Let's just assume they both have more than one ridiculously strong and impressive looking move. It's not ridiculous to think so given that Zekrom and is counterpart had two signature moves...

So each commercial can be separated by the mega evo starter at the end. Gotta say, that got me excited for Sky battles. I wasn't really "pumped" for character customization, I would've played the game as I normally would have. BUT after seeing the *megazard* commercial where it showed off the different traveling options, I liked the angles I saw for the different costumes.

Someone, give me an express ticket to the *Customization Hype Train*

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
by watching the video i noticed that mega absol at lvl 50 has 140 hp, hum... looks like it retains same base hp, since absolute minimum is 140 hp at lvl 50
Uhhh... Absol's min HP at Lv 50 is 125, not 140. Which means it either has a bunch of HP Ev's or 15 IV's.

Also: That move used by Yveltal with the teleporting behind looks really cool :o

Just a heads up, the Megas are obviously not going to change HP bc you can do it anytime in battle. If your current HP is 300 and your max changed to 400, that doesn't help you at all and is kind of silly. Also, every demo so far is consistent with the idea, we don't need to double check 235 times
Scaling this sort of thing is incredibly easy. If you're at 75% of 300 HP, you can scale to 75% of 400 HP. It'll actually be pretty lame and dull if this isn't the case.

My favorite part of the first trailer here:

For some reason I find the rollerskating animation for the female avatar extremely cute. It's just so... adorably bouncy! O(≧▽≦)O
I'mma play as the girl even though I'm a guy and dress her up like a tomboy. ( ・ω・)
That is pretty cute. If the outfits aren't gender locked maybe I'll play a guy dressed up like a girl. :3

It better be, we want a midriff-baring male protagonist. Because crossdressing pretty boys are cute, right?

At times like this we remember that these characters are supposedly minors and we supposed to feel bad about it. At least I am still young enough for that.

Addendum: Yggdrasill00, do not forget My Sims, which basicly has no gender at all.

It better be, we want a midriff-baring male protagonist. Because crossdressing pretty boys are cute, right?

At times like this we remember that these characters are supposedly minors and we supposed to feel bad about it. At least I am still young enough for that.
Addendum: Yggdrasill00, do not forget My Sims, which basicly has no gender at all.
Well I was going for the lawlz. Kinda like a WoW shame where the tough guy opponent loses to some guy in a frilly pink dress and bow.

Scaling this sort of thing is incredibly easy. If you're at 75% of 300 HP, you can scale to 75% of 400 HP. It'll actually be pretty lame and dull if this isn't the case.
You are making a lot of assumptions about the underlying data structures involved, which might have to be tweaked or changed completely in order to change the value. It could vary anywhere from a couple of lines of code changed to revamping the entire battle system (probably closer to the former, though)

That said,that's all irrelevant because a corresponding increase to the respective defensive stats creates the exact same effect while also being more customize-able (specially vs physically defensive) and easier to understand for the user with respects to healing items and fixed damage. Not to mention rounding errors involved in going to and from different HP values.

fat Balchmorn said:
Uhhh... Absol's min HP at Lv 50 is 125, not 140. Which means it either has a bunch of HP Ev's or 15 IV's.

Also: That move used by Yveltal with the teleporting behind looks really cool :eek:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/absol?level=50

look at it again, it says 140 min hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)