The Everything NHL Thread

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
damn that took balls to stand up to lucic for so long after losing his helmet

also does it feel like hockey is starting really early to anyone else? i mean fuck its like 70 degrees out here still

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The other thread seems pretty specific to the keepers league of fantasy hockey so I thought I'd ask opinions about one of the teams I drafted auction style which is as follows (2C/2RW/2LW/4D/2G/4Bench)
(Estimated purchasing price in brackets)

C- Henrik Sedin ($41)
C- Jason Spezza (16)
C- Ryan Kesler (21)
C- Nazem Kadri (1)
LW- Daniel Sedin (37)
LW- Gabriel Landeskog (16)
LW- Patrick Elias (1)
RW- Nail Yakupov (17)
RW- Pascal Dupuis (1)
RW- Teddy Purcell (1)
D- Erik Karlsson (17)
D- Ryan Suter (9)
D- Cody Franson (2)
D- Justin Schultz (4)
G- Craig Anderson (17)
G- Brian Elliott (1)

Overall I feel I made it out with a very solid team, only the Sedins cost me more than 25 and even with a bot fucking me over in accidentally drafting Kesler for 21 bucks I still got a ton of players for very cheap. I figure the best plan right now is to bank on Kadri blossoming into a star player for the Leafs (indications are he'll be an assist producer this year like Spezza), wait for Kesler to have a good week and trade him for a depth centreman and trade Spezza early on for a Right Winger to complement Yakupov, as that's the only position I can see weakness in.

Any particular thoughts on my team? If its strong, weak, a playoff contender?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
didn't know the online pokemon brazilians had pervaded hockey as well

"They nead to stoping the men to fight with each other some one get killed and hurts bad" ~comment on yahoo article about fighting

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ttman-banned-fighting-nhl-145429100--nhl.html

agree with the general idea of the article...it's probably in the nhl's best interests to have fighting reduced in a cultural and organic manner, and definitely not with a banning

edit: also texas, I would put all your resources into finding a dependable Goalie 2, not getting a depth Centerman or a compliment to yakupov at RW

If MacTavish was smart, he'd start looking for a new goaltender. Dubnyk couldn't stop Patrik Stefan if his "save percentage" depended on it.

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Edmonton is gonna have to give up one of their forward superstars + goalie for a good goalie + defenceman if they want to do anything this year.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The only 50 goals scorer 2013 draftee now on pace for 120 goals in 2014. X)

Too bad he's a Red Wings as they don't ever play anyone under 25.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
vanek just traded to isles for moulson and draft picks

gotta say the sabres finally made a good move here....

Not sure what the isles are thinking though...unless they believe moulson is purely (as in purely, 100%) a tavares product and they want flexibility with that slot

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Moulson definitely was a 30 goal scorer thanks to tavares but vanek who is a FREE AGENT in the upcoming summer wasn't worth a first and second round pick + moulson. Idk why the islanders did this as making a trade like that would mean they are pushing for the cup run this season and with that defence + nabokov in net I highly doubt it.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol garth snow... it was pretty common knowledge that Vanek was speculated to sign with Minnesota this offseason... Heatley coming off the books, Vanek played college puck there and reuniting with long time buddy Pominville. If they don't sign him in the next few days (which it doesn't seem like they will), I'm sure this will still be the case.

Not to mention Tavares is the godfather of moulsons kid and they clearly worked well together. I'm sure JT is none too pleased. Bad move all around for NYI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)