Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I put in SSID, a Password, select my connection, start hotspot... and keep getting this error:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Any help?

--
Thank you ever so much, that was it indeed! Turns out my SID is 3035, so if you'd like to send something my way feel free. FC: 2595-0440-6221 Both trainer and Mii... or whatever... are named "Jeto" . (Don't judge me I only have a 3DS for pokemon and Monster Hunter. Don't know jack about much else Nintendo.)
I HAVE A SHINY HONEDGE FOR YOU IF YOU WANT

I'm having the issue where my 3DS connects to the hotspot but can't connect to the Internet. I was thinking maybe if I set up proxy settings in the 3DS that would be a possible fix? Would anyone with knowledge of proxy servers/settings be able to assist with this idea?

With connecting to the internet, usually it's your Internet Connection Sharing that is not set (or correctly).
Start with that.

The Proxy stuff won't help you at all.

Note: When the 3DS is connected to any wi-fi point, it always shows "Internet Access" even when it doesn't actually have any (other than when during the internet test in Internet Setup). All it's really saying is "I'm connected to a hotspot".

So, I put in SSID, a Password, select my connection, start hotspot... and keep getting this error:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Any help?
I'm not sure how to check the event viewer to find which file is missing, but did you make sure you installed everything correctly? NET 3.5+ and WinPCap?

I don't see how I could mess up WinPCap (it just installs, done), and I've been running HomePass for quite a while with no troubles (until now... this program has succeeded at making me unable to use that... AGAIN. ugh... And now I don't know why.)

There's no "fix" for "it won't start". You've got something wrong, and that doesn't say what it is.

It would probably help a lot if there was a Trade Thread and a Help Thread, working separately...

I know this is off-topic, but do you guys have recommendations for wireless adapters that best utilize Instacheck..

I have a Desktop, but it's made from scratch and doesn't have an NIC Card, but I want to use a wireless adapter and go from there. I don't have an NIC Card, so I either can buy one that would work best or use just a wireless adapter and go from there.
This is the one i use, and i dont even need an ethernet cable. i just use wifi and im good.

http://www.digitalstar.com.au/asus-pce-n15-wifi-n-300mbps-pci-express-wireless-adapter.html

Keep in mind that is an Australian online store, so i would imagine price would vary quite alot depending on where you live. good luck!

Well, now I only know a couple things for sure:
I can't get this program to run the Hotspot for some reason (Error code that apparently no one here knows), and it's completely made me unable to use HomePass (which IS (was) a working HotSpot, allowing StreetPasses worldwide). Totally not fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)