Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 30 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests, etc GO HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bunch of 3-4 IV Gibles for trade. They come in male and female, with either Rough Skin or Sand Veil, all Naive natured. Perfect for your Chain Chomp needs! Most have perfect HP, Atk, and Spe stats, but some have perfect Def as well.

Also offering lots of Relaxed Leech Seed + Spikes Ferroseeds. Most have at least 2 perfect IVs, but I didn't keep track. I know one for certain has perfect HP, Def, and SpDef.

Looking for 3-4 IV Adamant Aqua Jet Huge Power Marill, 3-4 IV Switcheroo Noibat, and 3-4 IV Justified Absol (with Play Rough, if you have it), or Leftovers.

Please message me if you're willing to trade!

Mega Gyarados isn't that great, it replaces it's alternate STAB from Bounce to Bite, it loses and immunity, it loses the intimidate you were heralding about earlier, it goes from resisting Uturn to being weak to it, it goes from resisting Aegis (intimidate plus resisting Iron head and sacred sword) to being weak to its coverage move. The best sets have been the bulkier sets, I don't see what changed that in Gen 6.
It loses an immunity to gain another first of all. Also it gains stab super effective moves vs Aegislash while you may not think bite is a pretty nice move bite actually does a lot firing off 155 base attack and with a +1. Bite is also a good move in comparison to bounce considering it doesn't take two turns and it doesn't have a shot at missing. Not to mention dark type hits more pokemon for se and neutral than flying does sooooooo. But while we are on the topic of Aegislash it trades in a resistance on it's coverage move to resistance vs it's priority move which is far more important considering shadow sneak is his claim to fame...also with a +1 gyarados' bite is very lethal to a lot of things including Aegislash

+1 252+ Atk (custom) Bite vs. 252 HP / 0 Def (custom): 258-306 (79.62 - 94.44%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk (custom) Bite vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 294-348 (80.76 - 95.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Next I didn't say intimidate+ setup was the best thing ever I just said it has it and is a good tool.

It loses an immunity to gain another first of all. Also it gains stab super effective moves vs Aegislash while you may not think bite is a pretty nice move bite actually does a lot firing off 155 base attack and with a +1. Bite is also a good move in comparison to bounce considering it doesn't take two turns and it doesn't have a shot at missing. Not to mention dark type hits more pokemon for se and neutral than flying does sooooooo. But while we are on the topic of Aegislash it trades in a resistance on it's coverage move to resistance vs it's priority move which is far more important considering shadow sneak is his claim to fame...also with a +1 gyarados' bite is very lethal to a lot of things including Aegislash

+1 252+ Atk (custom) Bite vs. 252 HP / 0 Def (custom): 258-306 (79.62 - 94.44%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk (custom) Bite vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 294-348 (80.76 - 95.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Next I didn't say intimidate+ setup was the best thing ever I just said it has it and is a good tool.
And I never said offensive was bad, just that I thought defensive was better and offensive had a lot of competition. Bite may not be that bad due to the steel nerf, but I still think there are better things to use my mega slot on. A ground type/spikes/sticky web immunity is better than a psychic immunity though.

And I never said offensive was bad, just that I thought defensive was better and offensive had a lot of competition. Bite may not be that bad due to the steel nerf, but I still think there are better things to use my mega slot on. A ground type/spikes/sticky web immunity is better than a psychic immunity though.
Funny thing is you don't lose that until after you mega evolve which also comes aback to what I said about setting up properly. If you play right you get a fee setup while you still have those immunities. Not thinking about this the whole way through my friend

Funny thing is you don't lose that until after you mega evolve which also comes aback to what I said about setting up properly. If you play right you get a fee setup while you still have those immunities. Not thinking about this the whole way through my friend
But what game are you playing where you never switch your Gyardos out after mega evolving and how is that a consistent variable? If you're at the point of the game where Gyara cleans out the team and is staying in for the remainder of the match you're probably already in late game or playing someone who isn't very good.

But what game are you playing where you never switch your Gyardos out after mega evolving and how is that a consistent variable? If you're at the point of the game where Gyara cleans out the team and is staying in for the remainder of the match you're probably already in late game or playing someone who isn't very good.
I'm why would I have to switch my gyarados out a bunch if I have already gotten rid of his checks to his mega form and I bring in my gyarados on something that can't hurt it much/will force the switch and I set up... This is what we call a win condition.

Also it seems you forget I'm not obligated to mega evolve my first time I'm in... I can do that whenever I see fit.

Looking for a 5 IV (special attack) male from the grass egg group, looking for a quick trade. I have the following, with good natures, proper abilities, egg moves, and perfect IVs: Ferroseed, Marill, Vullaby, Shuppet, Snorlax, Larvesta

I'm why would I have to switch my gyarados out a bunch if I have already gotten rid of his checks to his mega form and I bring in my gyarados on something that can't hurt it much/will force the switch and I set up... This is what we call a win condition.
But that's not special as MOST Pokemon can sweep if you get rid of it's checks and bring it in on something can't touch it.... that's how setup and late game works.

But I'm not saying offensive isn't viable. Gyara is good, I just have a preference for defensive. I think non-mega bulky DD is more reliable, while retaining the mega slot and Intimidate taunt allows for some really nice pivots.

I have an offensive Gyara (max Atk, max Spe DDance, 3 attacks) and I wish I made a bulky one instead. I'm not looking to debate it, I'm just saying I support bulky Gyara over offensive Gyara as of this current moment in the game.

Looking for a Frogadier friend safari, but in general I want to just add more FCs to expand my friend safari option.

But that's not special as MOST Pokemon can sweep if you get rid of it's checks and bring it in on something can't touch it.... that's how setup and late game works.

But I'm not saying offensive isn't viable. Gyara is good, I just have a preference for defensive. I think non-mega bulky DD is more reliable, while retaining the mega slot and Intimidate taunt allows for some really nice pivots.
Oh so you're saying you have a preference not that it's better just you THINK it's better. That's all I wanted to hear really. The metagame as is is a fast paced slugfest pokemon who are fast (or can become fast) and have the fewest checks possible are the strongest. Which is why mega gyarados is a good pokemon, through it's normal form it has ground resistance, but through it's mega it's beats more pokemon one on one thanks to it's mold breaker ability.
I've used both and I've done fine with each, but I can and will say mega gyarados is a large treath and discounting it without knowing it's capabilities is absurd.
I have an offensive Gyara (max Atk, max Spe DDance, 3 attacks) and I wish I made a bulky one instead. I'm not looking to debate it, I'm just saying I support bulky Gyara over offensive Gyara as of this current moment in the game.
I use both just fine. I don't need the added bulk as I run a dual screen team and with 90 hp 109 def mega gyarados has more than enough longevity and it kills far more than regular bulky gyara could ever hope to.

Oh so you're saying you have a preference not that it's better just you THINK it's better. That's all I wanted to hear really. The metagame as is is a fast paced slugfest pokemon who are fast (or can become fast) and have the fewest checks possible are the strongest. Which is why mega gyarados is a good pokemon, through it's normal form it has ground resistance, but through it's mega it's beats more pokemon one on one thanks to it's mold breaker ability.
I've used both and I've done fine with each, but I can and will say mega gyarados is a large treath and discounting it without knowing it's capabilities is absurd.

I use both just fine. I don't need the added bulk as I run a dual screen team and with 90 hp 109 def mega gyarados has more than enough longevity and it kills far more than regular bulky gyara could ever hope to.
The first post of mine you quoted LITERALLY said I THINK.... if that's what you were waiting for this was done from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)