5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Why TH didnt you use the original 12:46:54 lolwut i dont understand. Was it not in the list or?

46.60 looks like your new standard seed time lol

Basically, You need a particular standard seed (which i honestly believe should be the 12:46:54 one you searched) to get your PIDRNG. which is Not the cgear seed.
When you search for a pid standard seed from a known cgear seed, your basically
going through all possible (cgear)time/delay combination, subtract the delay from the cgear time (which is then the time you need to start the game to begin counting delay), and check if the pid standard seed that happens to be on this time can give you your target nature.

Its not 4th gen lol when theres only 1 rng.
I am using the 12:46:54 as my standard seed. I get that i've got 2 different seeds, a standard and a cgear seed but i'm not sure how i'm plugging both of these into ZomgTimer?? I just need to know at which times am i firing up the game, entering the entralink and then talking to my pokemon?? Also i still don't get where the 46.60 comes from? It doesn't relate to any of the numbers that PPRNG gave me??

I am using the 12:46:54 as my standard seed. I get that i've got 2 different seeds, a standard and a cgear seed but i'm not sure how i'm plugging both of these into ZomgTimer?? I just need to know at which times am i firing up the game, entering the entralink and then talking to my pokemon?? Also i still don't get where the 46.60 comes from? It doesn't relate to any of the numbers that PPRNG gave me??
(54:)46.60 is your standard seed time for the cgear seed at 58:25.
As you see the time difference (delay) of 54:46 and 58:25 is equal to that between 46:54 and 50:33

If you use the 54:46.60-58:25 seed you set your DS to 54:00.. which after 46 seconds you start the game at 54:46.

I've been trying to RNG shiny Latios since yesterday. Every time I boot up the game, it never lands on the calculated starting frame. Where the fuck is/are this/these moving npc?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've been trying to RNG shiny Latios since yesterday. Every time I boot up the game, it never lands on the calculated starting frame. Where the fuck is/are this/these moving npc?
In the doubles grass at the bottom of the map. You can battle him, and move him from the spot he's standing to prevent him from moving more, but only while you stay in that area.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I mean to search directly for the exact numeric value of a raw seed, that is, not from pokemon stats or wut.
It would be possible to do (it is essentially the first step of searching for Pokemon stats), but none of the tools I know give you the option.

I already posted about my B1 Entralink problem, but I didn't get an answer. When I open EonTimer v1.6 and choose Entralink mode in gen V, default values in Calibration and EL Calibration are -95 et 256 respectively, but in this screenshot, those values are -195 et 296 respectively. I think it is probably due to the fact than non-Japanese versions of Pokémon Black and White weren't released at this time, and those values are different on other languages.

Knowing that my cartridge is French, is there anything on the BW1 Entralink guide I must apply slightly differently from what is stated in this Entralink RNG Guide? I succesfully RNGed several Pokémon from my B2 Entralink for both IVs and nature, but B1 Entralink looks much more difficult :/ but at the same time I really want a legit perfect Luxury Ball Aerodactyl with tutor moves!

lol wat is this 'Entralink RNG Guide' that youv been giving so much credits to because I dont remember there is one with eontimer. And my eontimer returns the updated EL calibration (from 2479-2691) as 508.
Wats your standard seed time? is it :11:31? or 32? 33?
Ok, I'll give all infos needed:

MAC adress: 019F-DF97-7C4C
Date: 04/26/2018
Time: 23:34:36
Target delay: 3681
Target frame: 24
Target IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31

Ok, I'll give all infos needed:

MAC adress: 019F-DF97-7C4C
Date: 04/26/2018
Time: 23:34:36
Target delay: 3681
Target frame: 24
Target IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
.........................lolderp and you switched to another seed.
Im assuming 34:36 is the cgear seed time, but I also need the standard seed time before i even try to calibrate anything lol

.........................lolderp and you switched to another seed.
Im assuming 34:36 is the cgear seed time, but I also need the standard seed time before i even try to calibrate anything lol
What's exactly the difference between "C-Gear seed time" and "standard seed time"? Because on the Entralink RNG guide I was talking about I saw nothing as described. Maybe I missed something and one of the seed is necessary to calibrate to find the right nature easier? But there are a LOT of Pokémon still uncaught on my Entralink (though cleaning Entralink by catching many non-RNG-worthy Pokémon isn't really an issue), and because I didn't understood how the "Entralink Seed Research" worked I planed to just hope getting the right nature by pure luck lol.

What's exactly the difference between "C-Gear seed time" and "standard seed time"? Because on the Entralink RNG guide I was talking about I saw nothing as described. Maybe I missed something and one of the seed is necessary to calibrate to find the right nature easier? But there are a LOT of Pokémon still uncaught on my Entralink (though cleaning Entralink by catching many non-RNG-worthy Pokémon isn't really an issue), and because I didn't understood how the "Entralink Seed Research" worked I planed to just hope getting the right nature by pure luck lol.
..Fairy nuff. Do know that I dont have a BW1 retail cartridge so I cant testify all those for myself, just lol

Alternatively, give the following method a try:

Your standard seed time should be 23:33:35 if your cgear seed is 23:34:36.
(However, I strongly recommend "Generate Entralink Nature Seed". The new standard seed time will be displayed along with the cgear seed time.)
Anyways,
Leave the EL calibration as it is. Enter the delay, and adjust the Calibration so that the first countdown reach exactly 1 second before the standard seed time. That is, if you still use the 33:35/34:36 seed, your calibration should be -55(at least on my eontimer) and the first coutdown should read 34:00.
Now when you try to hit your seed, dont do anything to Calibration and Seconds Hit anymore.
Only update your Delay Hit (and hence EL calibration).

Are Timer0 ranges set per save file, or are they permanently tied to your cartridge? I ask because different people can hit different timer0's... Also if it's true, I'm screwed because my VCount also fluctuates, in addition to the given Timer0. :(

Agonist

Tied to your cart, although it depends on the DS model as well. If you always use the same DS, then your cart will have the same parameters, regardless of the save file.

After a lot of attempts to RNGing for perfect IVs on Black 1 Entralink I finally hit my target delay! But there is a problem - the Pokémon doesn't have the desired IVs at all.

I'm trying to get 31/31/31/0/31/31 IVs with a MAC adress of 0019-FDF9-7C4C, a date of 10/07/14, a standard time of 23:45:47 and a C-Gear time of 23:46:48 (yes I know I switched to yet another time, but that's because it gives me a high chance to get an adamant nature, according to Entralink Seed Research). When I eventually hit my target delay, but instead of the promised perfect IVs I found an horrible spread of 4/7/15/25/8/2. According to the Adjacent Finder, this IV spread is obtained with a delay of 3685 (the one I tried to hit) and a C-Gear time of 23:46:49.

It looks like if the hit delay is higher than or equal to the target one, the C-Gear time hit advances by one (because every time the hit delay was higher than the target one, the C-Gear time hit was 23:46:49). In other words, I'm unable to get the desired IV spread :/ is there anything possible to do to solve that issue? I thought about puting 49 on EonTimer's "Second Hit" field and trying to hit my delay again, but I'm not sure and I can't test it because I get tired now and I just want to go to bed.

Tied to your cart, although it depends on the DS model as well. If you always use the same DS, then your cart will have the same parameters, regardless of the save file.
Ugh, great... It's a miracle that I've been able to RNG in white 2 so far. Anyways, thank you!

After a lot of attempts to RNGing for perfect IVs on Black 1 Entralink I finally hit my target delay! But there is a problem - the Pokémon doesn't have the desired IVs at all.

I'm trying to get 31/31/31/0/31/31 IVs with a MAC adress of 0019-FDF9-7C4C, a date of 10/07/14, a standard time of 23:45:47 and a C-Gear time of 23:46:48 (yes I know I switched to yet another time, but that's because it gives me a high chance to get an adamant nature, according to Entralink Seed Research). When I eventually hit my target delay, but instead of the promised perfect IVs I found an horrible spread of 4/7/15/25/8/2. According to the Adjacent Finder, this IV spread is obtained with a delay of 3685 (the one I tried to hit) and a C-Gear time of 23:46:49.

It looks like if the hit delay is higher than or equal to the target one, the C-Gear time hit advances by one (because every time the hit delay was higher than the target one, the C-Gear time hit was 23:46:49). In other words, I'm unable to get the desired IV spread :/ is there anything possible to do to solve that issue? I thought about puting 49 on EonTimer's "Second Hit" field and trying to hit my delay again, but I'm not sure and I can't test it because I get tired now and I just want to go to bed.
Try turning down the Calibration a little so the first countdown fall around 45:30 instead of 46:00.maybe

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I'm going to RNG abuse again, now I found a seed with Starting Frame 52. When I press Generate, it starts at 54 in stead of 52. What's that about, and does it matter?

Edit: So on the right side in the main window, the Gender says Don't Care/Genderless. It also skips frame 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 64 and way more.

Seed: 113F22E77FE6F651
Gen 5 PIDRNG, Wild Pokémon (Fishing), Bold sync, ID/SID doesn't matter as I go for non shiny. Parameters are correct with my game. (Black EU)

Agonist

So I'm going to RNG abuse again, now I found a seed with Starting Frame 52. When I press Generate, it starts at 54 in stead of 52. What's that about, and does it matter?

Edit: So on the right side in the main window, the Gender says Don't Care/Genderless. It also skips frame 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 64 and way more.

Seed: 113F22E77FE6F651
Gen 5 PIDRNG, Wild Pokémon (Fishing), Bold sync, ID/SID doesn't matter as I go for non shiny. Parameters are correct with my game. (Black EU)
Setting fishing as encounter only displays frames that will result in an encounter, which is why it skips a bunch of frames.

I've just had a quick look through this and it scares me that there is such a minefield out there!

So just to clarify...

In gen III, you could only have five perfect IVs? When did it change to six? Or did it never change?

Agonist

I've just had a quick look through this and it scares me that there is such a minefield out there!

So just to clarify...

In gen III, you could only have five perfect IVs? When did it change to six? Or did it never change?
This isn't really relevant to this thread, but in Generation 3, all six IVs can be flawless. Wild Pokemon are limited in what can be flawless, though.

Hello,

I was going through another run and tried to RNG all legends in Black. Was having pretty good success with most of them, until I went to Kyurem: i was trying to hit seed D597A04440B3246F, (which apparently has date/time 3/30/2014 13:32:17). and trying to hit the nearest synchronize frame. I havent' changed any of my game parameters, I am not introducing any key presses, and yet I keep hitting... something completely out of range. I could not even find it in a normal search, they are not adjacent results. Until several bad attempts later, I ended getting seed 5EC60E6E9B8D8651, which is 21 days, 7 hours apart, instead of just a few seconds. It's also frame 9, when as per what I learned I only do searches for Frame 1 spreads. I honestly have no idea what I am doing wrong, expecially having had successful hits not two days ago. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Just hit the exact same seed again. Not sure what is going on at all. I get consistent results of a seed that is days away.

Last edited:
Just some questions regarding b/w2 rng:

1. Is the PIDRNG different from what it shows in the RNGReporter? For example, the RNG reporter claims that my seed's PIDRNG starts in 55 and my target frame is 69, so I'll need to advance 14 times. But the starting frame is actually +2 difference, so 12 advances is instead required. I think I've had it happen in my past-RNG in B/W2 and now I'm not sure. I don't have Memory link btw.

2. Are the Regis-shiny locked? is the PIDRNG accurate in their rooms or will I have to deal with SSF for some reason?

Last edited:

1. Is the PIDRNG different from what it shows in the RNGReporter? For example, the RNG reporter claims that my seed's PIDRNG starts in 55 and my target frame is 69, so I'll need to advance 14 times. But the starting frame is actually +2 difference, so 12 advances is instead required. I think I've had it happen in my past-RNG in B/W2 and now I'm not sure. I don't have Memory link btw.

2. Are the Regis-shiny locked? is the PIDRNG accurate in their rooms or will I have to deal with SSF for some reason?
Are you trying to RNG in an area where they are wandering NPCs? (for example if you want to RNG Cobalion in BW2) When RNGing for nature/encounter slot/shininess or anything else related to PIDRNG in an area where they are wandering NPCs, dash your X button, call your Chatot several times, and try to see if its cry matches your target seed. It is possible than you cannot find Chatot's consecutive cries starting at the first frame RNG Reporter gives you, but you can find them later on the list. The difference is probably due to wandering NPCs. For example I RNGed a perfect wild Tynamo in Black, but due to wandering NPCs, if I dash my X button, there is effectively a +2 difference compared to what RNG Reporter gives me. To make this even worse wandering NPCs still advance the PIDRNG during Sweet Scent's animation, but I don't know if wandering NPCs still advance the PIDRNG during the time between you talk to a legendary like Cobalion and the battle actually starts.
Otherwise if there isn't any wandering NPC in the area you're trying to RNG, I don't understand.

Regis are not Shiny-locked in BW2, so you can RNG them for shininess. The only legendaries that are Shiny-locked in those games (besides Wonder Cards) are Reshiram and Zekrom. You can RNG everything else for shininess. And because they aren't wandering NPCs in Regis rooms you don't have to deal with non-Chatot PIDRNG advances.

Last edited:

do you have the shiny charm?

Are you trying to RNG in an area where they are wandering NPCs? (for example if you want to RNG Cobalion in BW2) When RNGing for nature/encounter slot/shininess or anything else related to PIDRNG in an area where they are wandering NPCs, dash your X button, call your Chatot several times, and try to see if its cry matches your target seed. It is possible than you cannot find Chatot's consecutive cries starting at the first frame RNG Reporter gives you, but you can find them later on the list. The difference is probably due to wandering NPCs. For example I RNGed a perfect wild Tynamo in Black, but due to wandering NPCs, if I dash my X button, there is effectively a +2 difference compared to what RNG Reporter gives me. To make this even worse wandering NPCs still advance the PIDRNG during Sweet Scent's animation, but I don't know if wandering NPCs still advance the PIDRNG during the time between you talk to a legendary like Cobalion and the battle actually starts.
Otherwise if there isn't any wandering NPC in the area you're trying to RNG, I don't understand.

Regis are not Shiny-locked in BW2, so you can RNG them for shininess. The only legendaries that are Shiny-locked in those games (besides Wonder Cards) are Reshiram and Zekrom. You can RNG everything else for shininess. And because they aren't wandering NPCs in Regis rooms you don't have to deal with non-Chatot PIDRNG advances.
I just RNGed a shiny Regirock, and the starting frame was as it is in the Reporter (I.E. 14 advances.) Maybe I thinked that because I recall when I RNGed a Genesect and Keldeo Wondercard, the starting frame was a bit off in Nimbasa City PokeCenter.

do you have the shiny charm?
Nope, why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)