Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idyll

i'm possessed the way I play my part
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Alright, on the server I play on, the people seem to really like three Pokemon in particular; Mandibuzz, Aegislash and Las Gordas - that is, Chansey and Blissey, who are similar enough to not really require distinction. Oh, how I detest those fat pieces of crap. They use Megacham a lot, too, but I run Talonflame and thus they are rarely an issue.

Basically, I'm looking for something that can handily defeat all three if that exists; I have Megatar on my team, which can do so potentially, but it's hard to set up on Aegislash due to its Sacred Sword, and the blobs that have TWave aren't exactly smart to do so on either. Is there anything that you could suggest to handle them more aptly?
One answer is Physical Thundurus. He can nab boosts from Mandibuzz's Defog through Defiant then wreck house with Wild Charge, Knock Off, and Superpower for the three. The fourth slot is very flexible as there exist a lot of options such as (Power Herb) Fly, Psychic, HP Ice, Bulk Up, and U-turn.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
One answer is Physical Thundurus. He can nab boosts from Mandibuzz's Defog through Defiant then wreck house with Wild Charge, Knock Off, and Superpower for the three. The fourth slot is very flexible as there exist a lot of options such as (Power Herb) Fly, Psychic, HP Ice, Bulk Up, and U-turn.
Likewise, Bisharp is a good answer. Shiruba

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When mega-evolving, why does an increase in the speed stat not register until after the turn one mega-evolves?

Ex. Manetric doesn't get it's boost from 105 to 135 until the turn after it mega-evolves.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
When mega-evolving, why does an increase in the speed stat not register until after the turn one mega-evolves?

Ex. Manetric doesn't get it's boost from 105 to 135 until the turn after it mega-evolves.
Attack order is set at the very beginning of the turn, before a Pokemon mega-evolves.

Attack Order

Should I run Dragon Pulse or Roost on Charizard Y?
Roost lets you keep Charizard Y healthy, and it has a lot of time to heal itself, as it causes many switches. Dragon Pulse hits dragon types hard such as Latias and Dragonite, as they resist common moves on Charizard such as Fire Blast, Solarbeam, and Focus Blast. Personally, I would go with roost. Hope this helps!

I am looking for a defog user, but a reliable physicaly biased user of the move is essential and one who is not weak to the ground type. Preferably, not scizor

Attack Order

I am looking for a defog user, but a reliable physicaly biased user of the move is essential and one who is not weak to the ground type. Preferably, not scizor
Skarmory and Mandibuzz are great defoggers in OU, and they are both immune to ground. Both of them have a lot of support moves, such as stealth rock and knock off, respectively. Also, both of them have taunt, defog, and whirlwind to support teams even more and roost as a reliable recovery move. Hope this helps!

Attack Order

Best setup for a HA Cradily?
I would use a support set, which would be something like this:

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide/Toxic
- Recover

Good luck!

I would use a support set, which would be something like this:

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide/Toxic
- Recover

Good luck!
Do you recommend I use Toxic or Energy Ball over Giga Drain until a Giga Drain tutor is available (in-game)

Attack Order

Do you recommend I use Toxic or Energy Ball over Giga Drain until a Giga Drain tutor is available (in-game)
If you want to use it in-game, just transfer it from an older game, but if you cannot, I would suggest replacing Giga Drain with Energy ball for grass STAB as you can replace Rock slide with Toxic already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)