No Guard Galaxy

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Hollywood and The Eevee General

Thanks for this, Jajoken :)

In this metagame, every move has never miss status, exactly like Swift, Feint Attack, etc..., meaning no more Will-O-Miss, no more Stone Miss, and thank the lord for no more Focus Miss. Some examples of what to possibly expect:

Garchomp will enjoy being able to abuse Dragon Rush, Stone Edge, and Fire Blast more reliably.

Tornadus-T can once again enjoy perfectly accurate Hurricanes, as well as never having to worry about Focus Blast missing.

Heatran can use Magma Storm to trap opponents and safely bring in a counter.

Starmie becomes a powerful revenge killer, thanks to Hydro Pump, Thunder, and Blizzard.

Sleep inducing moves now have much more viability, including Sing, Grass Whistle, and Hypnosis, so keep an eye out for them.

High Jump Kick never misses! :D

Zap Cannon and Inferno become perfectly accurate status inflicting moves with high power.

Banlist:

Standard OU Banlist

Dynamic Punch

Enjoy!

Last edited:
hell yeah t-tar

Tyranitar Life Orb/Leftovers
Sand Stream
Nature: +Atk -Spe (forgot the nature)
252 Atk/200 HP/56 SpA
-Fire Blast
-Blizzard
-Stone Edge
-Crunch/Earthquake

Remember using this in AAA and loving it.

I feel quite a few pokemon will have to be banned here (such as whimsi) but the metagame brings surprising offensive and defensive pressure.
ex. Dynamic Punch anything (specifically conkeldurr who has SF)
ex2. Hypnosis anything (although Crobat is probably the best hypnosis user)
But I'm gonna point out the offense boosts here.
Hydro Pump is a clear improvement over surf
Fire Blast no longer has any disadvantages that flamethrower doesn't
Iron Tail will be viable coverage on mons such as Absol
Focus Blast anything that gets it (this includes gengar)
Power Whip's only user (Ferrothorn) can use it better now
Air Slash can't miss
Stone Edge can't miss
Thundzard is the new Boltbeam
Draco Meteor and Dragon Rush for dragons
Megahorn
Play Rough has better accuracy

Mega Charizard Y no longer has sun, but it does have Inferno off of 159 base Sp. Atk as well as an accurate Focus Blast and Air Slash.
Chandelure is another viable Inferno user, though it does not benefit from much else.
Heatran is kind of nerfed since it loses Flash Fire, but it can make for an interesting trapper with Magma Storm combined with Toxic, Earth Power and Substitute/Stealth Rock/Flash Cannon/Taunt/whatever. The presence of Focus Blast in the tier might be hard for it to pull it off sometimes though.

Mega Charizard Y no longer has sun, but it does have Inferno off of 159 base Sp. Atk as well as an accurate Focus Blast and Air Slash.
Chandelure is another viable Inferno user, though it does not benefit from much else.
Heatran is kind of nerfed since it loses Flash Fire, but it can make for an interesting trapper with Magma Storm combined with Toxic, Earth Power and Substitute/Stealth Rock/Flash Cannon/Taunt/whatever. The presence of Focus Blast in the tier might be hard for it to pull it off sometimes though.
Abilities are not replaced by No Guard. Every move just never misses.

Edit: So yeah, Inferno Zard-Y OP.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Regice strong. Blizzard / Zap Cannon OTP. Zapdos with Zap Cannon is also going to be fun.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
please, whimsicott quickban. its sleep moves are extremely overcentralizing, and it can just put something to sleep, set up a sub, and freely do what it wants to the next poke (leech seed stall). This could actually make stall a lot unviable, just eliminate grass types and let leech seed + Sub stall your opponent's stall team to death. PP would be an issue, but w/e, it would be really good.

Sleep needs a nerf in general, tbh. Its just really overpowered due to general sleep moves being so widely distributed.

Offense will be very good in this meta, being able to use much more powerful attacks easily and being able to much more easily spread status (inferno char-y, DynamicPunch Conk (I think it gets is ?), and zap cannon electric types). I really like the premise of this meta, as it takes some of the stupid luck out of the game (how often does draco meteor miss for no reason?)

Things don't lose their abilities, all moves become perfectly accurate.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What about Wonder Skin? How will that work, does No Guard override it?
Wow, I actually overlooked that. I'm not sure how that would work. If someone could clarify what happens if something with No Guard uses a status move on something with Wonder Skin, that'd be great.

Wow, I actually overlooked that. I'm not sure how that would work. If someone could clarify what happens if something with No Guard uses a status move on something with Wonder Skin, that'd be great.
Testing on Showdown!, I got several hits in a row on Wonder Skin Sigilyph/Skitty with No Guard Machamp - [1 2] (idk if the first test is valid since it was already poisened) so either I have insane luck or No Guard overrides Wonder Skin (on Showdown!, at least).
versus using Guts Machamp instead of no guard, I got this [3]

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Testing on Showdown!, I got several hits in a row on Wonder Skin Sigilyph/Skitty with No Guard Machamp - [1 2] (idk if the first test is valid since it was already poisened) so either I have insane luck or No Guard overrides Wonder Skin (on Showdown!, at least).
versus using Guts Machamp instead of no guard, I got this [3]
it's a .024% ish chance to get 12 hits in a row if it was just luck, so looks like no guard wins.

canno

formerly The Reptile
No Guard skips accuracy check when a move hits or something like that iirc, so yea it would work vs Wonder Skin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)