ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hoenn Pokedex. So it does seem like it hasn't changed that much, meaning that all the Pokemon not in it must be post game. Alright, as long as they're catchable some point. Of course that does mean there are some odd Mega Evolution choices, but we'll get to that.

Gen III Hoenn Pokedex: 202
Gen VI Hoenn Pokedex: 211
Additions:
#32 Gallade (Surskit to Nosepass pushed up by 1 spot)
#62 Probopass (Skitty to Magneton pushed up by 2 spots)
#86 Magnezone (Voltob to Dodrio pushed up by 3 spots)
#97 Budew (Roselia pushed up by 4 spots)
#99 Roserade (Gulpin to Dusclops pushed up by 5 spots)
#155 Dusknoir (Tropius pushed up by 6 spots)
#157 Chingling (Chimecho to Rhydon pushed up by 7 spots)
#178 Rhyperior (Snorunt & Glalie pushed up by 8 spots)
#181 Froslass (Spheal to Deoxys pushed up by 9 spots)
Mega Pokemon Oddity:
Mega Beedrill
Mega Pidgeot
Mega Slowbro
Mega Steelix (possibly mitigated being given out by the demo)
Mega Lopunny
Mega Audino

I'll refrain from the "I told you so"s, Pikachu315111 .
Still looking forward to using Magnezone <3
I can admit defeat, BUT:

Eh, its the ability to catch a lot of Pokemon post-game that counts. Kinda disappointing that Buneary and Lopunny aren't in the Regional Pokédex.. means no Mega Lopunny in VGC. :\
More Pokemon are made post game so they will at some point available. Of course not during the main game, but hey, I guess they sort of want to give us a genuine Gen III experience (at least by limiting the Pokemon we can use).

So, would that mean the Mega Stones for the "oddity" Pokemon be made available post game? Also would the Mega Stones for Alakazam, Pinsir, Heracross, Gyarados, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Meditite, Manectric, Banette, and Absol be made available during the story?

So, would that mean the Mega Stones for the "oddity" Pokemon be made post game? Also would the Mega Stones for Alakazam, Pinsir, Heracross, Gyarados, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Meditite, Manectric, Banette, and Absol be made available during the story?
I honestly don't know at this point. s:

What's the berry for max beauty pokéblocks again?
Although Pamtre are the highest level berry for Beauty, in the originals, Kelpsey berries were the lowest level berries that could be used to evolve Feebas. Speaking of berries, I wonder what role the Berry Master will play here. Not that the Berry Master was ever really that important, but I think his wife was the only one to ever give high level berries like she did. I'd imagine that if compost bins were to return, then they would either be in his field, or around the flower shop.

I've compiled a list of what I think will be the unobtainable pokemon list in the game. Please tell me If I've made any errors.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAzUnwnjvAznwsmrGPgQDwESvRJiz5lfxo_3jOGwoNo/edit?usp=sharing
Seems like it could be mostly correct. Basically everything (or most of it) on that list can be obtained from XY which makes sense because an interview with Junichi Masuda stated that between ORAS and XY, we can complete the National Pokédex.

Hot off the heels of finding out what's in the dex; do we know where we'll be able to evolve Nosepass and Magneton, and likewise Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon? I mean we can make pretty good educated guesses but confirmation would be nice

Hot off the heels of finding out what's in the dex; do we know where we'll be able to evolve Nosepass and Magneton, and likewise Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon? I mean we can make pretty good educated guesses but confirmation would be nice
My guess would be Petalburg Woods and Shoal Cave will be expanded on.

Petalburg Woods for Leafeon and Shoal Cave for Glaceon.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
New Mauville, Petalberg Woods, and Shoal Cave.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Although Pamtre are the highest level berry for Beauty, in the originals, Kelpsey berries were the lowest level berries that could be used to evolve Feebas. Speaking of berries, I wonder what role the Berry Master will play here. Not that the Berry Master was ever really that important, but I think his wife was the only one to ever give high level berries like she did. I'd imagine that if compost bins were to return, then they would either be in his field, or around the flower shop.
My guess is that the Berry Master will actually run a Berry Field garden. Since Gen III a few new Berries were introduced and maybe instead of making them available they could make them into Berry mutations.

New Berries added since Gen III were: Occa, Passho, Wacan, Rindo, Yache, Chople, Kebia, Shuca, Coba, Payapa, Tanga, Charti, Kasib, Haban, Babiri, Chilan, Micle, Custap, Jaboca, Rowap, Roseli, Kee, & Maranga.

Roseli, Kee, & Maranga are the most notable as they have not been given Contest condition stats, having been introduced this gen in XY.

Also let's not forgot about the e-Reader berries, would be neat to see them made into Berries: Pumkin, Drash, Eggant, Strib, Chilan, Nutpea, Ginema, Kuo, Yago, Touga, Niniku, & Topo.

Ginema, Kuo, Yago, Touga, Niniku, & Topo are notable since they never got English names. Names are based on the plant they're based on: Ginema is based on an Onion, Kuo an Okra, Yago a Bitter Melon, Touga a Chili Pepper, Niniku a Garlic, and Topo a potato. Yago and Topo can probably keep their names (A Bitter Melon is called Goya in many places), but the rest would need to be translated (how about Onin, Arko, Chilp, & Garic?).

I've compiled a list of what I think will be the unobtainable pokemon list in the game. Please tell me If I've made any errors.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAzUnwnjvAznwsmrGPgQDwESvRJiz5lfxo_3jOGwoNo/edit?usp=sharing
There were only two errors that I noticed; Happiny is in ORAS, primarily in the new routes. The second one that I noticed was Porygon, who was not in XY, and so must be in ORAS, even if we don't know where yet.

I'd also like to make the argument that the Caterpie line will be in ORAS, if only due to its historical relationship with the Weedle line. I can understand why you included them in your list, though. (I can see Ledyba, Stunky, and even Solosis for similar reasons, but I'm not going to make an argument for them)

Other than that, good job!

Also...

Sudowoodo and Smeargle for the Battle Resort!!!

There were only two errors that I noticed; Happiny is in ORAS, primarily in the new routes. The second one that I noticed was Porygon, who was not in XY, and so must be in ORAS, even if we don't know where yet.

I'd also like to make the argument that the Caterpie line will be in ORAS, if only due to its historical relationship with the Weedle line. I can understand why you included them in your list, though. (I can see Ledyba, Stunky, and even Solosis for similar reasons, but I'm not going to make an argument for them)

Also...

Porygon doesn't appear to show up in the Encounter table. Maybe one is given to you as a gift or possibly traded for in game?

Also...

Is that confirmed? If so that's really good news on what the Battle Resort might be.

Porygon not in the encounter table? Only as a gift?
MEGA PORYGON-Z CONFIRMED

realtalk Porygon better be in this game; no generation's complete without the best of all 'mon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)