ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also tried to weaken the Glalie before catching it with my Sceptile... It would ALWAYS use Ice Fang, so I was stuck in there for a while before a friend told me "lol dude, just throw the ball, I caught it at my first try" and I was like .___.
Hey, at least it didn't use Frost Breath! :3

I also tried to weaken the Glalie before catching it with my Sceptile... It would ALWAYS use Ice Fang, so I was stuck in there for a while before a friend told me "lol dude, just throw the ball, I caught it at my first try" and I was like .___.
You're not the only one -_-

I was the only one than didnt use MScep agaisnt Glalie? I doesnt want to kill him, just catch, Leaf Blade and then the Ball, my scept survive the frost.

And also, we are going to have a Lv.40 MGlalie before the first gym or what?
I have a question: trades will be avaiable from X to ORAS? so i can transfer pokes?
Yes.

Last edited:
I was the only one than doesnt use MScep agaisnt Glalie? I doesnt want to kill him, just catch, Leaf Blade and then the Ball, my scept survive the frost.

And also, we are going to have a Lv.40 MGlalie before the first gym or what?

Yes.
Your Glalie counts as a traded Pokémon. The Dynamo Badge is necessary to command it.

Your Glalie counts as a traded Pokémon. The Dynamo Badge is necessary to command it.
Well, he can act like a Slaking during 3 turns and OHKO Nosepass/Makuhita without problems.

Im not going to use him anyway, not a fan of the Mask i want steelix ;_;

So it turns out I have an extra demo code... not sure how high in demand they are, seems that everybody got their email before I did (super impatient before now, had to play through the demo >10 times).

Extra demo codes go like hotcakes wow.

Last edited:
I have a question: trades will be avaiable from X to ORAS? so i can transfer pokes?
Yes, but there are some compatibility issues. In essence, trading between X/Y and ORAS is like the time machine for Red/Blue/Yellow and Silver/Gold/Crystal.

Although the Pokemon Bank works just fine for all of them.

And if i dont know how to use pokebank? I heard that people could trade from 4gen to 5gen in a normal trade

Last edited:
And if i dont know how yo use pokebank? I heard that people could trade from 4gen to 5gen in a normal trade
You heard wrong. Gen 4 to Gen 5 involves using two DS's for a one-way trip called poketransfer (that crossbow minigame). To get from Gen 5 to Gen 6 you would need pokebank.

Are you sure you're not mistaken? We're on Gen 6 now. Either way, you might want to head to "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" if you are having trouble transfering between generations.

Played through the demo 10 times, and I'm kind of assuming there's nothing new to experience in it. Except I read something someone posted about a "Secret Mission"... What's all this hullabaloo?

I heard the same thing. I don't see anything mentioned on Serebii about it.
It's wishful thinking.

To clarify, the secret base guy Aarune says something about having a super mission and a secret mission (and a super secret mission). Most people misinterpret this as something hidden really well in the demo.

In actuality, it's just a reference to his function, since in ORAS secret bases are now SUPER SECRET BASES.

Cool thanks for the clarity, It's funny that I talked to Aarune like 3 times already and didn't assume anything about what he said (other than it being a reference to his function) and then seeing the same words in a forum post got me excited for hidden content.

Even though I'm pretty sure you can't I'm still not going to 100% give up on the idea that you can somehow get around the Kecleon in Mossdeep City though, lol

Cool thanks for the clarity, It's funny that I talked to Aarune like 3 times already and didn't assume anything about what he said (other than it being a reference to his function) and then seeing the same words in a forum post got me excited for hidden content.

Even though I'm pretty sure you can't I'm still not going to 100% give up on the idea that you can somehow get around the Kecleon in Mossdeep City though, lol
There is in fact a secret mission, but the way of getting it is not known at this point and seena totally random. It involves you encounter the villain team for the second time. It has been discussed several times already so im not going to go on about it anymore.

There is in fact a secret mission, but the way of getting it is not known at this point and seena totally random. It involves you encounter the villain team for the second time. It has been discussed several times already so im not going to go on about it anymore.
Hopefully I'm not being rude. I went back through the last 20 pages with "ctrl f" and the only other instance of "Secret Mission" talk I found was people questioning whether or not interacting with Aarune is how you activate the secret mission. The consensuses seemed to be: no it activates randomly as far as we can tell.
If anyone else is interested in 'going on about it anymore' I would be curious to hear what else is involved in this secret mission.
Is it just a second encounter?
What are the teams up to in it?
Do you getting anything additional?
Has anyone here actually experienced it or is it a hoax?

I've done the secret mission. Here's the link to the pictures i took: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragon1734/sets/72157648435913728/

They talk about finding another mega evolving pokemon, but you get nothing at the end of it which leads me to believe that there's another secret mission afterwards that I have to unlock.
Maybe the demo keeps track of how often you play on a day-to-day basis.
And if you play every day consecutively up to the release of the official games, you get M-Steelix if you're anywhere but Japan.

Yeah, I was thinking something similar. The promotions told us we'd get something special for "playing every day" and not for "play lots of times" So I'm developing a hunch that these secret missions "unlock" by having played the game consistently over a time period. If this speculation is all true then the alternative region mega seems like a reasonable reward. I'll still cross my fingers for yet an additional new mega cause that's more exciting to me (still want Steelix though, lol)

igneus is that theory consistent with your experience playing the demo? Have you been playing it regularly for a few days?

I don't think so. I got the secret mission on day 2. I think it's more like a RNG, but the more days you play, the greater the chance of getting it, but I really have no idea.

EDIT: According to someone on Reddit, the secret mission IS random (like trying to get a shiny), so you can soft reset for it. I'm not sure if he's right or not, but it's worth a try, isn't it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)