ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so, i submitted a ticket on the pokemon support page and after review they sent me a code for the demo....on both of my emails that i had set up with them(i had one email then a week before the 21st i changed emails because i thought i lost my first email due to deactivation) so anyways long story short i now have an extra code should someone still need one simply reply/pm me first come first serve

I don't know if it's been covered yet or not but is there any information on the cosplay Pikachu's?

Abilities, Natures, base stats or any other interesting moves outside the ones we know like Volt Tackle?

Thanks

I don't know if it's been covered yet or not but is there any information on the cosplay Pikachu's?

Abilities, Natures, base stats or any other interesting moves outside the ones we know like Volt Tackle?

Thanks
The only thing I could say that hasn't been said, is that with the recent videos from Nintendo about ORAS we don't get the Cosplay from the Grass in which a Pikachu tail is out.

We already know the Signature moves for the forms since months, the nature really doesn't matter if we can SR and we already know the abilities it potentially could have (Static or the HA Lightningrod) for Pikachu since they won't introduce a new one (Unless they do the same with Feebas and Milotic and gives it a second normal ability).

We already know we can use it out of contest and in battle against trainers. It won't get Volt tackle unless included since it shouldn't be breedable for more CosplayChu also they can't be sent to XY and It shouldn't be able to evolve.

ORAS Demo Datamine info didn't show any base stat change.

Also more info on Serebii about the Demo not that mucht but it's something.

Last edited:
Is there a difference in the chance of getting the secret mission? Because I have been SR since I got the demo and I just got the nugget mission, but have never done the other one.

Is there a difference in the chance of getting the secret mission? Because I have been SR since I got the demo and I just got the nugget mission, but have never done the other one.
I've been plugging away every day SR and still have got neither.

And how do normal trainer re matches work. Is it time based or step based on when they want to re battle?

To get into steven's house, do you just repeatedly talk to the Kekleon in front of it, of do you have to keep soft resetting?

The only thing I could say that hasn't been said, is that with the recent videos from Nintendo about ORAS we don't get the Cosplay from the Grass in which a Pikachu tail is out.

We already know the Signature moves for the forms since months, the nature really doesn't matter if we can SR and we already know the abilities it potentially could have (Static or the HA Lightningrod) for Pikachu since they won't introduce a new one (Unless they do the same with Feebas and Milotic and gives it a second normal ability).

We already know we can use it out of contest and in battle against trainers. It won't get Volt tackle unless included since it shouldn't be breedable for more CosplayChu also they can't be sent to XY and It shouldn't be able to evolve.

ORAS Demo Datamine info didn't show any base stat change.

Also more info on Serebii about the Demo not that mucht but it's something.
Thanks for the reply.

That is just what i was wondering if it came with other certain moves fixed nature, fixed IV's or 3 maxed IV's randomly as it won't be breeder-able

I've been plugging away every day SR and still have got neither.

And how do normal trainer re matches work. Is it time based or step based on when they want to re battle?
The original Trainer's Eyes function (and Match Call) kept track of certain trainers similarly to the Pokegear's phonebook. Rematches were mostly decided every 255 steps or so(After one cycle, the NPCs who aren't looking for a rematch either will or won't switch. It was a pretty fair chance), though you could increase the chance of triggering a rematch if you entered the route that the particular trainer you wanted to fight was on. Rematches only happened after you got the fifth badge.

But that doesn't really speak for what their new algorithm would be.

So I literally just decided maybe I would reset for the nugget mission after all, started the demo... and got it first time!

Also, in that recent trailer, there was a quick shot of a traditional-looking japanese house, similar to HG/SS dragon's den. Any idea what that might be? I don't remember anything like it from the originals...

So I just took a quick look at the tutor moves and found that Talonflame now gets Heat Wave and Air Cutter.
Why do I bother to point these out? Well, now Talonflame can not only hatch eggs faster, not only does it fly you everywhere, but now it has efficient means to beat hordes to EV train your Pokémon. This thing is like the ultimate utility mon I swear; just give it surf and sweet scent and we never need another utility pokemon again

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I just took a quick look at the tutor moves and found that Talonflame now gets Heat Wave and Air Cutter.
Why do I bother to point these out? Well, now Talonflame can not only hatch eggs faster, not only does it fly you everywhere, but now it has efficient means to beat hordes to EV train your Pokémon. This thing is like the ultimate utility mon I swear; just give it surf and sweet scent and we never need another utility pokemon again
Just saying, Volcarona has always been able to do the Fly+Flame Body+Heatwave combo. But I do love Air Cutter on Talonflame, patch that 95% accuracy with a wide lens and you're set. I use my PP to tell me how many EVs I've earned so missing a Heatwave (1% chance lol) would throw that out and drive me insane which is the only reason I never used Volc...

Thanks for the reply.

That is just what i was wondering if it came with other certain moves fixed nature, fixed IV's or 3 maxed IV's randomly as it won't be breeder-able
You probably can breed Cos-play Pikachu if you really want - it just will only result in a normal Pichu that evolves into a normal Pikachu. So no random 3 perfect IV's, it's just a special Pikachu.

You probably can breed Cos-play Pikachu if you really want - it just will only result in a normal Pichu that evolves into a normal Pikachu. So no random 3 perfect IV's, it's just a special Pikachu.
Nintendo, if you're reading this, please PLEASE let it have 3 perfect Ivs if it can't breed more cosplaychus.

I don't get this hype for the Cosplay Pikachus... I mean, they can't learn Volt Tackle, and pikachu isn't complete without that XD.

I don't get this hype for the Cosplay Pikachus... I mean, they can't learn Volt Tackle, and pikachu isn't complete without that XD.
We do not know that (I presume). It's possible that she will know it when you get it (like many event Pikachu, even ones from the Pokéwalker)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I do hope Cosplay Pikachu has Volt Tackle. If I were to give it a moveset I'd probably give it Volt Tackle, Nuzzle, Quick Attack, and Thunderbolt (with Thunderbolt being the move it'll "learn" upon undressing. Actually it would be cool if it got a special move it normally can't learn like maybe Parabolic Charge or maybe Copycat).

Also, I too got another code. If anyone wants it just ask, but I only got one.

Considering you get the Cosplay Pikachu fairly early in the game - I think at the first contest hall - I doubt it'll have any particularly powerful moves. If anything they might give it moves that are good for Slateport's contest hall.

So I literally just decided maybe I would reset for the nugget mission after all, started the demo... and got it first time!

Also, in that recent trailer, there was a quick shot of a traditional-looking japanese house, similar to HG/SS dragon's den. Any idea what that might be? I don't remember anything like it from the originals...
It's been in a previous trailer, too. Some people are theorizing that it's the Pokémon League, and honestly it'd be super cool if it were. Regardless, it's really pretty and shows off the visuals of the game really nicely.

It's been in a previous trailer, too. Some people are theorizing that it's the Pokémon League, and honestly it'd be super cool if it were. Regardless, it's really pretty and shows off the visuals of the game really nicely.
If you have a closer look at the map art and zoom in on the league, it does bear a pretty much exact resemblance to the dojo traditional japanese thingy.

Considering you get the Cosplay Pikachu fairly early in the game - I think at the first contest hall - I doubt it'll have any particularly powerful moves. If anything they might give it moves that are good for Slateport's contest hall.
You mean, aside from the special moves it gets with each of its costumes that seem to be good for the kind of contest the costume relates to, such as Meteor Mash for the Cool contest or Icicle Crash for Beauty.

You mean, aside from the special moves it gets with each of its costumes that seem to be good for the kind of contest the costume relates to, such as Meteor Mash for the Cool contest or Icicle Crash for Beauty.
Fair enough, forgot about those. But I still doubt it'll have anything out of the ordinary for a Pikachu of it's level; in fact it's more than likely to have the same moveset as a Pikachu at... what was it, level 15? So as not to overshadow it's form moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)