General Introduce yourself!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi. ~
I'm not really new to competitive battling, and at the same time I'm new to the whole new gen. I started playing near the end of the 4th gen on Shoddy Battle on Smogon, switched to PO and stuck there for a long time. Went on a hiatus and now I'm trying to get back ;-; Never was that much active on Smogon but I thought of making a fresh start here since this is probably the longest standing community so far.
So, yeah. Nice to meet ya' all. Hope to have fun here. :)
Hello ShawnFrostx!
Great that you decided to return! If you find that you need help with anything, PM a mentor here. Otherwise, have a great time! :)

Hi Smogon!

I knew Smogon since BW, but only registered few minutes ago.
I came from Hong Kong and as some of you might notice, we will actually have VGC in Hong Kong next year, and that is the reason why I decided to participate.

I am looking forward to learn from the Smog, and hopefully share what is happening in Hong Kong VGC.

Hi Smogon!

I knew Smogon since BW, but only registered few minutes ago.
I came from Hong Kong and as some of you might notice, we will actually have VGC in Hong Kong next year, and that is the reason why I decided to participate.

I am looking forward to learn from the Smog, and hopefully share what is happening in Hong Kong VGC.
Hi Gazella. Obviously, I would recommend looking at the VGC forum, since that seems to be your primary focus. And I agree, the Smog is a really useful resource. Another issue will be coming out fairly soon, I expect. Enjoy Smogon!

Hi all, name is Rik and I'm from The Netherlands, 20 years old and finally made an account. Playing a lot of pokemon (what else to do in college and in my spare time?) and always trying to learn something new. Reading a lot about comp. pokemon games but not (yet) into it myself. Would love to battle if some of you fellas (:

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi all, name is Rik and I'm from The Netherlands, 20 years old and finally made an account. Playing a lot of pokemon (what else to do in college and in my spare time?) and always trying to learn something new. Reading a lot about comp. pokemon games but not (yet) into it myself. Would love to battle if some of you fellas (:
Hey there Rik :]

Glad to see you made an account and took your steps into the community. I agree that Pokemon is a good thing to past time and try something new and it helps that new generations are constantly coming out. I'd be glad to battle you some time, hit me up on my profile ( Darnell ) and we can battle on PS hopefully! Have fun on Smogon and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ^.^

Hi, I'm Al.Perks (Al or Perks will be enough). I'm a 21 years old french med student who plays Pokemon since... the beginning I guess (started playing with Pokemon Yellow). I'm reading a lot about comp. pokemon since the 4th Gen, and even if I'm a beginner, I figured out the 6G should be the moment for me to sign up and become a part of the community :)

Nice to meet you all :)

Hello everyone :]

I've started playing Pokémon when Gold and Silver came out. I played casualy with my best friend as we always sat down together as soon as a new Game came out and so we always started our adventures together!

but I didn't really know about smogon, the competitive scene and all that stuff till X and Y came out. And that's exactly where my competitive journey began! I love to play on Showdown and test out some teams. I build all my teams myself and, if I say so myself, they are all not that bad! Maybe I'll start posting some of them in the 'RMT' section here.

I also started a YouTube Channel some months ago but I don't wanna advertise myself here..
Pokeaim was honestly my biggest inspiration and I hope I'll catch up on him some day :]

Thanks so much if you read my 'introduction' until this point.
I look forward to meet a lot of people who like Pokémon just as much as I do :]

QueBien

Hello everyone :]

I've started playing Pokémon when Gold and Silver came out. I played casualy with my best friend as we always sat down together as soon as a new Game came out and so we always started our adventures together!

but I didn't really know about smogon, the competitive scene and all that stuff till X and Y came out. And that's exactly where my competitive journey began! I love to play on Showdown and test out some teams. I build all my teams myself and, if I say so myself, they are all not that bad! Maybe I'll start posting some of them in the 'RMT' section here.

I also started a YouTube Channel some months ago but I don't wanna advertise myself here..
Pokeaim was honestly my biggest inspiration and I hope I'll catch up on him some day :]

Thanks so much if you read my 'introduction' until this point.
I look forward to meet a lot of people who like Pokémon just as much as I do :]
Hi enzopoketv!
Lol nice avatar. Anyways, I would agree in the way that you should try out the RMT section. Other than that, if you want some help getting around or with improving your competitive skills, go here for a mentor. Have a great time on the site! n_n

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Hi Smogon!

I don't do forums very often.

Any-who. First started playing in Gen 3, with Sapphire also being the first ever real game I played, and picked up Pearl and Soulsilver, the years afterwards, but I missed out on a large chunk of all of the new stuff (BW, 2 & XY) so I feel largely out of the loop, especially when it comes to the competitive side. I picked up the remake of Sapphire the other day and I'm loving it.

Always been a little interested in the competitive side of the game and I hope to eventually be able to play properly. So I figured here would be one of the best places to learn from absolute scratch, what-with this and Serebii being the places I constantly see online and all.

With the changes introduced in the newest generations allowing for EV's to be done easier and everything, I'm hoping to build a few good teams and really get my teeth into the competitive side of things in the near-future.

Hope to meet some nice people here, and if anyone fancies having me a match or a chat, you're more than welcome to PM me.

___

Also, Ponyta avatar. Ew.

QueBien

Hi Smogon!

I don't do forums very often.

Any-who. First started playing in Gen 3, with Sapphire also being the first ever real game I played, and picked up Pearl and Soulsilver, the years afterwards, but I missed out on a large chunk of all of the new stuff (BW, 2 & XY) so I feel largely out of the loop, especially when it comes to the competitive side. I picked up the remake of Sapphire the other day and I'm loving it.

Always been a little interested in the competitive side of the game and I hope to eventually be able to play properly. So I figured here would be one of the best places to learn from absolute scratch, what-with this and Serebii being the places I constantly see online and all.

With the changes introduced in the newest generations allowing for EV's to be done easier and everything, I'm hoping to build a few good teams and really get my teeth into the competitive side of things in the near-future.

Hope to meet some nice people here, and if anyone fancies having me a match or a chat, you're more than welcome to PM me.

___

Also, Ponyta avatar. Ew.
Hello Cloud Motion!
I started in Gen 3 too, but with Emerald! n_n Yeah, Alpha Sapphire is best imo. And you came to the right place! PM a mentor here to get one to help you with the basics of battling and teambuilding skills. In addition, once you have found a tier (or two, or three) you like, you can really start to sharpen your skills. In addition, I would recommend trying each tier and their respective rooms to get a feel for them. Also, once you've made some teams, visit the Rate My Team section to get other users to help improve them! In addition, go here to get a quick overview of how things work here. Have fun and good luck with your competitive battling!

Last edited:
Hello,

I started playing Pokemon when Crystal came out. The last game I played was Emerald. Only recently did I get back into playing the games, namely Alpha Sapphire, and I'm really liking things (especially the Physical/Special split, though I know this was implemented in Gen IV). I've been trying to learn how to build a good team, how to breed for IVs, choosing EV spreads, etc, so if anyone could direct me to guides on breeding and teambuilding I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello,

I started playing Pokemon when Crystal came out. The last game I played was Emerald. Only recently did I get back into playing the games, namely Alpha Sapphire, and I'm really liking things (especially the Physical/Special split, though I know this was implemented in Gen IV). I've been trying to learn how to build a good team, how to breed for IVs, choosing EV spreads, etc, so if anyone could direct me to guides on breeding and teambuilding I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
Hey there! This section should do you some good with battling/teambuilding, and this for breeding. Welcome to Smogon!

Hey! I'm evan 15 years old(if you have a probwith my age oh well) I Went competitive during gen 5 but i've played all of the generations, started playing showdown a few months ago and joined smogon like last month. xP. anyways, im up for a good battle as i'm a well skilled battler. All thats left to say is message me and lets hope things work out:pimp:

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey! I'm evan 15 years old(if you have a probwith my age oh well) I Went competitive during gen 5 but i've played all of the generations, started playing showdown a few months ago and joined smogon like last month. xP. anyways, im up for a good battle as i'm a well skilled battler. All thats left to say is message me and lets hope things work out:pimp:
Hey I'm 15 too :] Welcome to Smogon!

Hi guys! I'm from the Philippines and I've also been a long time lurker here. I've played Pokemon for a long time now with Pokemon Yellow as my first game, though I stopped playing for a while during BW era because I got addicted to Monster Hunter :)

I started to play competitive Pokemon when I got XY focusing on singles OU. Now that ORAS is out I plan to focus more on VGC since that seems to be the format most of my countrymen play.

I came to Smogon while googling for Scizor movesets, and since I'm a competitive person by nature I immediately fell in love with the site. I'm still somewhat of a newbie though especially to the VGC format.

QueBien

Hi guys! I'm from the Philippines and I've also been a long time lurker here. I've played Pokemon for a long time now with Pokemon Yellow as my first game, though I stopped playing for a while during BW era because I got addicted to Monster Hunter :)

I started to play competitive Pokemon when I got XY focusing on singles OU. Now that ORAS is out I plan to focus more on VGC since that seems to be the format most of my countrymen play.

I came to Smogon while googling for Scizor movesets, and since I'm a competitive person by nature I immediately fell in love with the site. I'm still somewhat of a newbie though especially to the VGC format.
Hello EmotionReD!
I feel pathetic now: everyone seems to have played Monster Hunter but me. :c If you want to get advice with going about VGC, I think that Ace Emerald is the only mentor who openly mentors in VGC. In addition, visit the "VGC" room in Showdown to discuss the tier! In addition, if you want to try out other tiers, go here to learn the basics. Besides that, if you have any other questions, PM a mentor here and have a great time!

So apparently I made this account over a year ago - Evidently I forgot all about this!

I'm pretty new to the competitive battling scene - I remember trying it briefly when back in B/W When I created a Nidoking team on the PokemonElite2000 forums (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113373) God that brings back memories. I think I also posted it here, but I can't remember if I did.

Anyway, i've got back into pokemon the last few weeks and i've moved onto ORAS (I played X and Y when it came out but never compeitively). I know the bare basics of competitive but my knowledge pool is pretty beginner in all senses of the word. Hopefully you'll see me around the place from time to time posting, learning and generally trying to improve my game.

HI! The name is Wes, 21, and I have been playing since RED/BLUE and have owned every version since! Although, I have only recently just started playing competitively. I'm well aware of the basics of breeding, training, and battling. I came here to ask for help on Team Building! Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated and I will do my best to return the favor!

QueBien

So apparently I made this account over a year ago - Evidently I forgot all about this!

I'm pretty new to the competitive battling scene - I remember trying it briefly when back in B/W When I created a Nidoking team on the PokemonElite2000 forums (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113373) God that brings back memories. I think I also posted it here, but I can't remember if I did.

Anyway, i've got back into pokemon the last few weeks and i've moved onto ORAS (I played X and Y when it came out but never compeitively). I know the bare basics of competitive but my knowledge pool is pretty beginner in all senses of the word. Hopefully you'll see me around the place from time to time posting, learning and generally trying to improve my game.
Hi LewGenesis!
Visit this page to get the gist of how things work here. In addition, PM a mentor to get some help with improving your competitive battling skills! Have fun and I hope to see you around!
HI! The name is Wes, 21, and I have been playing since RED/BLUE and have owned every version since! Although, I have only recently just started playing competitively. I'm well aware of the basics of breeding, training, and battling. I came here to ask for help on Team Building! Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated and I will do my best to return the favor!
Hello Oxmodius!
Since the original RBY, huh? Nice! For teambuilding, visit the Rate My Team section of the forums and/or PM a mentor (see above) to get some advice on improving your teams. In addition, try out the different tiers' rooms to discuss them and get a feel for how to go about them teamwise. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Have a great time on the site!
So I'm Kodi, Nightingales on Showdown, and pretty new to competitive battling.

Um... yeah. Hi.
Welcome Kodi! Since you are new, go here to get the basics down, and also learn a bit about the site! If you need some help getting around or mingling with the community, don't hesitate to PM a mentor! Maybe you could stop by the Smogon Hangout room in Showdown (obviously the best room imo) and chat with other both new and veteran users! :o Anyways, I hope you have a great experience on the site, and I hope to see you in Showdown!

Hai i'm new and just wanted to introduce myself I came to smogon to improve my battling but still yet to improve :( which makes me sad cause i wanna learn so if anyone can help pm me it would be appreciated
:toast:

QueBien

Hai i'm new and just wanted to introduce myself I came to smogon to improve my battling but still yet to improve :( which makes me sad cause i wanna learn so if anyone can help pm me it would be appreciated
:toast:
Hi there, the tipsy spinda!
Welcome to Smogon! Great that you decided to introduce yourself! To get some knowledge on the different tiers, go here or visit the different rooms in Showdown! I would also highly recommend PMing a mentor to help you improve your battling skills. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and have a great time!

BTW nice avatar! Scrafty <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)