Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
honestly, so far, i feel like "obliter-ate" actually sounds the best, since it at first sounds like a terrible pun, but it actually explains the clause quite well(and as ive pointed out in the discussion, most of us knows what implies so...), and i immediately dislike the thought of naming this clause anything "STAB" related, since it makes it completely off topic(no offense you guys, but protean and adapt fall into your name categories better then the actual -ate abilities do..).

edit: limitate sounds close enough to mine, lol mine was "lim-ate" so i have no objections

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rulesets.js
Time for balanced code standards discussion, do you need the abilitytable in that function at all?

+1 for the "obliterate" idea since spell checkers like on here don't even count it as a real word lel.

rulesets.js
Code:
    limitateclause: {
        effectType: 'Rule',
        onStart: function () {
            this.add('rule', 'Limitate Clause: Limit one of any -ate ability');
        },
        validateTeam: function (team, format) {
            var ateAbility = false;
            for (var i = 0; i < team.length; i++) {
                var ability = toId(team[i].ability);
                if (!ability) continue;
                if (ability === "refrigerate" || ability === "pixilate" || ability === "aerilate") {
                    if (!ateAbility) {
                        ateAbility = true;
                    } else {
                        return ["You are limited to one of any -ate ability by the Limitate Clause.", "(You have more than one of the following: Aerilate, Refrigerate, Pixilate)"];
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    },
Balanced Hackmons' formats.js entry is the same except with this clause added.
I'll also make the pull request as well if this name gets picked, I've tested and confirmed it to work perfectly fine (2 different -ates, 2 of the same -ate, message displaying in battle, etc.).
[17:09] &verbatim:he says it works, do you have any specific issue with the way he implemented it, iirc you said something about wanting to make it an extension of ability clause
[23:12] &Slayer95:verbatim, the `continue` line is superfluous, the IDs of the abilities should use single rather than double quotes, and the if-else block could be replaced by a conditional with the `return` statement and `ateAbility = true` as fallback
[23:15] &verbatim:also could oyu post that here please

Pikachuun

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
[17:09] &verbatim:he says it works, do you have any specific issue with the way he implemented it, iirc you said something about wanting to make it an extension of ability clause
[23:12] &Slayer95:verbatim, the `continue` line is superfluous, the IDs of the abilities should use single rather than double quotes, and the if-else block could be replaced by a conditional with the `return` statement and `ateAbility = true` as fallback
[23:15] &verbatim:also could oyu post that here please

Pikachuun
Okay, I'll fix that then make the pull request then.

I say there should be a ban on the thousand arrows move... "Thousand Arrows Clause"
Could you provide a little bit of justification for this? Sure, it's a powerful move, and there aren't many ground resists (that aren't Flying-types) in the meta. But it can't kill Shedinja, doesn't have any inherently anti-Imposter effects, and, in the months it's been implemented, hasn't proven to be too difficult to handle.

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
It can break through ghost types with normalize, it can hit all flying, the one thing, IMO that isn't killed is shedinja

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
It can break through ghost types with normalize, it can hit all flying, the one thing, IMO that isn't killed is shedinja
That's a bug, and I think it's fixed now. Since nobody else is complaining about it, I just think you're a bit salty that your strategy isn't working (if the bug still isn't fixed). There are also a lot more things that can take Thousand Arrows, such as Fur Coat and Giratina, to name 2.

Any creative sets with Thousand Waves, anyone?
Thousand Waves can be pretty much slapped on any defensive Pokemon in order to PP stall Imposter Chanseys. That's not creative per se, but it's one of the move's best uses. It also comes in handy on Soundproof Perish Song trappers (although those sometimes run Infestation to trap Flying types).

I also used to like running it on Poison Heal Groudon before the Primal existed. Burn the Imposter with Sacred Fire, trap with Thousand Waves, set up.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
well thats just completely false. first, NEVER, EVER, EVER use "IMO" when arguing a point like that. i can show you calc after calc of pokemon that could take a thousand arrows from the STRONGEST METHOD OF ATTACKING with it which completely defeats the purpose of your opinion statement. second, what does it breaking past normalize prove in terms of brokenness? is normalize the #1 pro meta, defeats everything, needs to be on every team to be a viable team ability now? should hackmons ban fire fang pre gen 5 due to it breaking past wonder guard? even if it wasn't a bug, that still proves nothing other then "it can do that". and finally, just because it has 1 resist, and no immunities, doesnt make it broken. the move has like...one of the worst offensive typing's for bh, since nothing other then the rare fire types, and the common-ish steel types get hit super effectively by it, both of which avoid ground types anyways. also, it needs stab in order to be able to actually THREATEN stuff. and on top of all that imposter turns tarrowers into your teams end, literally tearing it up without a fur coater.

So I haven't played balanced hackmons in a while and upon coming back, I realized that the 510 EV limit is on when before it used to be off. Why was this changed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)