Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 45 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long shot, but gonna try. Anybody willing to trade a female HA Froakie in a matching ball? Don't care about ivs or nature. Can offer some spitbacks of my own recent breeding in return. Most recent stuff i have is 5 IV Impish Heavy Ball Skarmory w/ 4 EM.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
how come it says the sp. atk drop from draco on critdra is circumvented by a critical hit, and i still get the sp. atk drop?

how come it says the sp. atk drop from draco on critdra is circumvented by a critical hit, and i still get the sp. atk drop?
You see the SpA drop happening, but when you score a crit it is ignored so Draco Meteor does damage as if there was absolutely no SpA drop. But the drop does still occur, so if for example you didn't score a crit the SpA drop would then be noticed in the damage dealt

Critical hits ignore any negative modifiers, but it doesn't stop any negative modifiers from being applied that will affect the next hit.

Basically, if you used Draco Meteor the first turn and you got the Special Attack drop, and you used Draco Meteor again and got a critical hit, the damage dealt will be as if you never got a Special Attack drop. However, your Special Attack will still drop again afterwards, so if you use Draco Meteor again and you don't get a critical hit, the damage dealt will be -4 Special Attack.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
Critical hits ignore any negative modifiers, but it doesn't stop any negative modifiers from being applied that will affect the next hit.

Basically, if you used Draco Meteor the first turn and you got the Special Attack drop, and you used Draco Meteor again and got a critical hit, the damage dealt will be as if you never got a Special Attack drop. However, your Special Attack will still drop again afterwards, so if you use Draco Meteor again and you don't get a critical hit, the damage dealt will be -4 Special Attack.

amazing explanation, thank you

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I fought on battlespot and got swept by a shiny belly drum - extreme speed linoone. Blatant hack, so how did it get through to battle spot?
I know this has been answered but I wanted to chime in as a battle spot mod..

Was this on XY or ORAS? XY allows transfers so someone could have just hacked it, as long as the hacker is smart and all its details are correct it will pass all hack checks, so someone could just be playing it off as a 'Pokemon Box' Linoone. If it was on ORAS then I'm not so sure. Only the Jump Festa Linoone can have E-speed, and afaik it's shiny-locked (it also has to be in a Cherish Ball), so if you tried using a shiny Linoone with E-speed it should set off alarms. I guess the hack check may not be that sophisticated...

ps. does anyone have a legit one of those Linoone? I want one

Hey guys been SRing a Timid Cobalion in Omega Ruby and I got this one:
29/31/31/29/31/31
I'm gonna use something other than HP on it so I'm not worried about that. Should I keep it or try for that almighty 31 Sp. Attack?

29/31/31/29/31/31
I'm gonna use something other than HP on it so I'm not worried about that. Should I keep it or try for that almighty 31 Sp. Attack?
I would definitely keep it for personal use. For trade I am not sure.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
29/31/31/29/31/31
I'd toss, you want at 31 in at least the stats you're investing in, those are the ones where the difference matters the most. Try for 31/xx/25+/31/25+/31 for personal use, higher if you want to trade it (31/xx/29+/31/29+/31)

ok so the event serperior has no gaurantee perfect IV's would anyone keep this mild serperior.
30-31
24-25
18-19
26-27
14-15
24-25
it has HP ground
asking for opinion I think it can at least have some trade value and it makes a good parent.
Edit: I hope nobody gets upset by this post but I'm asking simply because well the event is guaranteed no ivs and it seems to be decent for a soft reset with no perfect ivs just asking for opinion

Thanks guys it's for personal use. I'll hang onto it since it only misses out on one point at level 50. (Gonna be pissed if something is left at 1hp though)

ok so the event serperior has no gaurantee perfect IV's would anyone keep this mild serperior.
30-31
24-25
18-19
26-27
14-15
24-25
it has HP ground
asking for opinion I think it can at least have some trade value and it makes a good parent.
Edit: I hope nobody gets upset by this post but I'm asking simply because well the event is guaranteed no ivs and it seems to be decent for a soft reset with no perfect ivs just asking for opinion
speed is serperior deal so it's trash. Beside, there are 4 ems snivy on trade thread already.
1 iv doesn't make a good parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)