Tournament Level 10 LC Minitour (Won by Tricking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also just gonna say two things since macle said to talk about the meta.

1- you should play your matches in Anything Goes as opposed to Custom Game, as you can see people's HP stats and possibly have weird EVs

2- I kinda like level 10 LC as opposed to level 5 LC. Less speed ties and dream world access is pretty cool. I wouldn't be totally opposed to making LC level 10 permanently, but just due to the sheer fact that it's been a staple at level 5 I don't want to change it. What are your all's thoughts?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
EVs are different. Base _0 now caps at 236 instead of 196 for example. To increase one stat point it requires fewer EVs, as opposed to the standard 80 (it requires 40 iirc).

Overall I'd suggest playing around with the sliders in teambuilder. While you can literally just copy over EV spreads, it usually messes up eviolite numbers. Nobody has "standard spreads" for level 10.

Acrivity post. Haven't heard a single thing from AA so like ya. Maybe I should write something on his wall or something, but I cant be assed. I will tag him in this post for activity tho ha lol XD Aaron's Aron

Playing around with sliders is really the only way to EV. There are so many possible spreads you can come up with for this meta, and I am sure most if not all will be effective. A few threats that seem to be rising I see are Pancham, Snivy, Hippopotas, Munchlax, Gastly, and of course Diglett. Threats that are already top tier that I think will stay there are Abra, Chinchou, maybe Mienfoo but I am not sure. Mienfoo with HJK is definitely scary this meta tho.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Playing around with sliders is really the only way to EV.
Not really; if you can EV for lv 5 LC then it's pretty much the same here except everything is halved, eg stat tiers are 5 points instead of 10 and it requires 40 points to increase a stat instead of 80
So basically the chart to EV a stat based on what the base stat ends in is:
0/5 - 36/76/116/156/196/236
1/6 - 28/68/108/148/188/228
2/7 - 20/60/100/140/180/220
3/8 - 12/52/92/132/172/212/252
4/9 - 4/44/84/124/164/204/244
An easy way to remember is that for example for 1/6 stats, EVs that worked for either 1 or 6 at level 5 work for both stat endings at level 10

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Um, my opponent Metaphysical didn't show up at Friday 8 pm PST time. So, activity i guess? I stayed till 8:30 isn and the game was scheduled for 8​

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
confirming loss for me ;-;
I hate when i accidentally put inner focus instead of regenerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)