NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just before he went to bed haunted did explicitly say he was soft claiming a power role, so there's that, plus like i already said after some consideration i felt that most of haunted's guilt seemed to arise from alleged scumbuddy activities with me, and when i know i am not scum then i couldn't really find a good reason to lynch haunted.

as for haunted's posting restriction, it seems to be a deliberate effort to associate him with the announcer role. from what i've seen of the announcements so far, the announcer role couldn't possibly be described as a power role in this game, subjective to haunted's interpretation of course, so i don't think announcer is haunted's true role. so why did the mafia stick him with that posting restriction? random trolling? or do they really suspect him of being the announcer after seeing the announcement? does the restriction actually prevent him from posting his night results (assuming he has any) or maybe the mafia put a restriction on one of their own to make them look village?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What else did you think I was referring to??
I'm sorry, but you are vague at best. Just look at your posts today. I didn't know what you were referring to. If you were referring to a role claim, you could have clarified that without revealing your role. That is all I was asking for. "I'm gonna show you something" just says almost nothing. It could have meant that if more people piled up on you, and you got lynched, that you'd flip village.

Fatecrashers said:
just before he went to bed haunted did explicitly say he was soft claiming a power role
Could you point out or quote the exact post please? I asked several times and I swear I never saw him explicitly say this.

as for haunted's posting restriction, it seems to be a deliberate effort to associate him with the announcer role. from what i've seen of the announcements so far, the announcer role couldn't possibly be described as a power role in this game, subjective to haunted's interpretation of course, so i don't think announcer is haunted's true role. so why did the mafia stick him with that posting restriction? random trolling? or do they really suspect him of being the announcer after seeing the announcement? does the restriction actually prevent him from posting his night results (assuming he has any) or maybe the mafia put a restriction on one of their own to make them look village?
Well you've kind of tipped my hand, but I was wondering if we could get a poll going asking people who THEY thought the announcer was during N1. A lot of what you say is reasonably, unfortunately some of it is WIFOMY. If the mafia was certain that the announcer was HD, and that he'd just claim anyway, it could well be trolly. But that begs the question, why the certainty? Could no one else have possibly been announcer? The last part could be true of any post restriction, but on someone who was already suspicious? It's all so WIFOMY.

But yeah, I'd like to see some people's thoughts. When the announcement was posted, who did you think it was?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Lynch Spiffy

Judging by the latest and greatest argument, at least one of either Spiffy or von is mafia. I'm simply not getting the Townie Vs Townie vibe i've been getting from most of these fights thus far, and von's reasoning makes more sense to me than Spiffy's atm.

I don't think the post restrictor can do anything particular, am I right?

"Hi everybody! I'm the village announcer! While I'm sad to see the Safeguard go, judging by how the day went, it could so easily have been me instead, so here's hoping we don't repeat the same mistakes tomorrow!"

Why do you care? I don't think it can do muchbesides being annoying or else the hosts would have told me.

"Hi everybody! I'm the village announcer! While I'm sad to see the Safeguard go, judging by how the day went, it could so easily have been me instead, so here's hoping we don't repeat the same mistakes tomorrow!"

Last edited:
vonFiedler

As you said before,

Let's be real here. Day 1 is always luck, and usually bad luck. No one really has information to go off of, so we create springboards that help us later. The odds are not good that someone in the mafia will be lynched on Day 1 like this.
Like Fate said, there were three main suspects for a lynch.

spiffy, haunted, and cancerous
Haunted DID softclaim power role so I wasn't keen on that lynch. It really came down to which one seemed more scummy to me: Spiffy, or Cancerous. Cancerous seemed more scummy, so that's why I lynched.

):

So uh, does anyone else think that Lightwolf was kind of a weird kill? This is important.
It was either because they thought he was either a power role no one would body guard or they wanted to make a scene out of it.

"Hi everybody! I'm the village announcer! While I'm sad to see the Safeguard go, judging by how the day went, it could so easily have been me instead, so here's hoping we don't repeat the same mistakes tomorrow!" (sigh)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i am referring to the post you quoted, the one where i go ooh fuck cos i saw haunted forgot to follow his posting restriction, hence the edit

lightwolf is a strong player, it would benefit the mafia for him to be off the village
plus haunted got suspicion thrown on him d1 so maybe the mafia would like to keep him around as a red herring for d2

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
On the risk of making a "light" post I don't think the hosts are gonna be too harsh on HD for occasionally editing in his PR. That's the hosts call, but I would think twice about suggesting "enforcement" (as in godkill). That's tantamount to hammering him, which is a lot of power for one townie to desire. Very questionable tbh.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I thought that Lightwolf was probably killed because of who he suspected (which was Haunted Diamond at the end of the phase) because his play was kind of unexceptional but I guess a namekill would make sense too.

HD and Fate both have interesting responses to my question though. HD, what kind of scene were you expecting to be made? And Fate, why are you assuming that HD is town?

HD should out if his action worked or not.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
i don't necessarily assume haunted is town, like i said, the mafia could be throwing the posting restriction on one of their own to make them look like a poor villager bullied by the mafia

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I thought that Lightwolf was probably killed because of who he suspected (which was Haunted Diamond at the end of the phase) because his play was kind of unexceptional but I guess a namekill would make sense too.

HD and Fate both have interesting responses to my question though. HD, what kind of scene were you expecting to be made? And Fate, why are you assuming that HD is town?

HD should out if his action worked or not.
Incriminating someone, namely me, or spiffy. And, it did.

i don't necessarily assume haunted is town, like i said, the mafia could be throwing the posting restriction on one of their own to make them look like a poor villager bullied by the mafia
Why would they post that though? I'm not trying to play innocent here, having that text in my posts actually makes them look less serious which is very annoying.

[quote="Fatecrashers, post: 6211201, member: 14288"plus haunted got suspicion thrown on him d1 so maybe the mafia would like to keep him around as a red herring for d2[/quote]

This implies you thought that he was town though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)