NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Serious Bananas

Maybe I'm way off base here, but I'm trying to understand this, and if we're both village it should benefit everyone to.

I do not get the impression that you have really taken my posts seriously. Not because you've talked shit about them, but because you haven't said why. Logical errors aside, the only person here who has made personal attacks repeatedly with no other content to back it up is you. And not because you're the only person other than the accused to say disparaging things about my posts. But because right out of the gate today you said "ugh, do I really have to read vonFiedler's posts?". That's a weird thing for someone who doesn't know me at all to say.

We've played one game together where we didn't interact much, but where I did lie and manipulate to get you lynched (and win). What I hope you realize is that has no effect on this game. I'm just as likely to be village as if I was your good buddy. And not to toot my own horn, but I am kind of good at mafia, if you ask a few people who have been around. Honestly I reserve rudeness for people who are rude to others, and I don't think I've been rude to Spiffy, or have not tried to be. So I'm just really puzzled by your attitude.

My comment at day start was because I thought that you and Lightwolf were Masons based on his comment about you not having read your role pm, which is part of why I dropped Lightwolf on Day 1. It's nothing against you personally but I just dislike reading wallposts in general and when I wake up to bunch of posts overnight due to timezones it's kind of demotivating to see that a lot of them are back and forth walls between the same people that don't really accomplish anything, especially when I feel like you'd post similarly as either alignment which just makes me feel like there's no point in reading them anyway. I guess this is just mostly me being lazy but generally wallposts kind of kill motivation for me.

Will explain reads in next post, idk how much time is left.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
My comment at day start was because I thought that you and Lightwolf were Masons based on his comment about you not having read your role pm, which is part of why I dropped Lightwolf on Day 1. It's nothing against you personally but I just dislike reading wallposts in general and when I wake up to bunch of posts overnight due to timezones it's kind of demotivating to see that a lot of them are back and forth walls between the same people that don't really accomplish anything, especially when I feel like you'd post similarly as either alignment which just makes me feel like there's no point in reading them anyway. I guess this is just mostly me being lazy but generally wallposts kind of kill motivation for me.

Will explain reads in next post, idk how much time is left.
Fair enough. Though I will say that isn't what Lightwolf meant by that.

Townreads

Serious Bananas - Never mind this dude is probably scum. Pls lynch.

Celever - "For other people, I think Celever is probably town because he feels like the kind of person I would try to mislynch if I was scum? With his posts kind of being nonsensical at times, but at the same time I don't feel like they're threatening or anything." I don't have time to rewrite this.

Jalmont - A lot of this is meta but I don't think that Jalmont would've opened the game in the way he did as scum when it was bound to draw attention to himself. I played a game offsite with him where we were both antitown and he was mostly under the radar until the last phase that he was alive and there were only 5 players left, so seeing Jalmont play so differently here makes me feel good about him.

ButteredToast - After thinking about this dude a bit more I feel like his posts are genuine? Idk this is hard to word properly, but generally I feel like I can understand where he's coming from even when I don't agree with his conclusions.

Amianki - moi was town, and I feel like the way Aminaki has gone about pressing his suspicions has been townie as well.

rssp1 - Pretty much the same as I described in my previous posts since he's been fairly busy and I'm running out of time anyway. I kind of want to look back here because it's growing weaker over time but I don't have long to do this so yeah.

Spiffy - I feel like the way he reacted to people finally going along with the HD lynch after yelling him for trying to get a claim out of him feels like genuine annoyance, which Spiffy wouldn't be feeling as scum if people were going along with his push.

Gut townreads

PokeguyNXB
Fatecrashers

Leftovers

Mithril
Haunted Diamond
vonFiedler
sunny004

posting then checking time

sunny basically feels like he's pushing easy lynches and not putting much effort into figuring things out despite being around a lot and pokeguy is being wagoned for similar reasons when he isn't which is weird

no time

Day 2 final votecount:

Haunted Diamond (8): ButteredToast, vonFiedler, Mithril, Spiffy, PokeguyNXB, Amianki, Jalmont, sunny004

sunny004 (3): Celever, Serious Bananas, rssp1

PokeguyNXB (1): Fatecrashers

vonFiedler (1): Haunted Diamond

Due to yet another mess-up on my part, majority was actually reached about 2 hours ago when Jalmont put his vote on Haunted Diamond - looks like we'll have to add in some extra vote counts next day cycle to prevent this. Anyways, on to our lynchee for today - did the Wastelanders make a better choice this time? Haunted Diamond's role PM reads as follows:

Dear Haunted Diamond,

you are Vulpes Inculta.

“Whenever the opportunity presents, strike at the profligates. Pile body upon body.”

You are the leader of the Frumentarii, Caesar’s army of spies that keep an eye on the Mojave and execute acts of terror. You are behind one of the greatest atrocities of the Legion yet, holding a lottery in the town of Nipton to determine who gets to live, and who will be nailed to a cross. In the end, there are only two survivors. Besides your cunning, the most recognizable thing about you is the dead fox you wear on your head.

You are the Legion Role Cop. Every night, you may send a PM to the hosts, titled “Night X - Spy on <USER>’’. Successfully doing so will grant you the role name of the user you targeted.

As a member of the Legion, you are allowed to talk to your fellow bad-guys in The Fort, which is the conversation on Smogon going by the same name.

You are allied with Caesar’s Legion. You win when the Legion eliminates the Wastelanders, or if nothing can prevent the same.
Looks like the first victory for the Wastelanders is a fact!

This post marks the beginning of Night 2. Night 2 will last until the 17th of May, 8PM GMT+2 (CET Summer Time), or 48 hours from this post. Please get in your actions before that point.

Once again, you are rudely awakened from your sleep as a radio turns on and plays the following message:

Announcer said:
Night 3: Hi! Village announcer here! Not only did you guys avoid lynching me, but you also eliminated arguably the mafia's most important role! Great job guys, let's keep this up tomorrow!

Now playing: Martin Tungevaag - Wicked Wonderland

With the song ended, you decide to just go to sleep again, since dawn is still hours away.

As all inhabitants of the Mojave gather once again after a well-deserved night of sleep, you wake up to yet another pleasant surprise - nobody died tonight. Does this mark the impending victory of the Wastelanders? Things are looking up, but don't forget that the Legion still lives among you, hoping to sabotage you at every chance.

This post marks the start of Day 3. The deadline is not yet set, but will be at least 72 hours from this post. Deadline will be announced at least 24 hours beforehand.

If you feel like something is wrong with the night result you received, or if you think you should have received a result but didn't, please contact either me or Gale.

Lol at everyone crucifying me for wanting Haunted Diamond to claim his role. “Detrimental to the town” my ass. ^_^

Based on HD’s flip, I think it’s safe to say that ButteredToast, vonFiedler, Mithril, and PokeguyNXB are not mafia. The first three because they were consistently supportive of an HD lynch throughout the day, and Pokeguy because he was HD’s “top scum read” and one of the other viable lynch options yesterday.

This doesn’t mean then any of the above players can’t be the Courier.

Since the mafia already knows this, there's no reason not to make this public: I was the BPV and the Legion targeted me with a kill last night, which is why there were no deaths. More Cowbell am I allowed to quote night results? I think I was rolename inspected by HD's role N1 and they saw that I wasn't a vanilla so tried to kill me. Heh they suck.

Now down to business:
Early on Day 2:
Fatecrashers said:
unvote
two pokeguy votes suddenly pop up after me like what the fuck
i refuse to do the 'let's lynch him by default' schtick again today
Last few hours of Day 2:
Fatecrashers said:
gee i wonder why the announcer hasn't posted an announcement for day 2 yet

lynch pokeguynxb
Here he votes for PokeguyNXB without explanation, completely contradicting his early sentiments about Pokeguy being a waste of a vote/only the default option. He also gives no reasoning for voting this way. Keep in mind that he did this almost immediately after von and Mithril voted for Haunted Diamond, when it was apparent that the HD wagon was picking up steam. Looks like an attempt to save his scumbuddy to me.

This along with the other connections between Fate and HD that ButteredToast and I have pointed out makes it a no brainer to lynch Fatecrashers.

We should still look for other possible scum and not waste the day but I think ultimately Fate should be lynched.
Vote Fatecrashers

If the mafia knew your role name was Bulletproof, why would they try and kill you? Unless it's something else but yeah.

I'd also add Jalmont to the list of people HD's flip clears, because of how he jumped on him Day 1 and kind of parked on the slot for a long time.

Vote sunny004

He avoided voting HD all day and then jumped on at the last minute when it was apparent that he couldn't be saved. He was also Haunted Diamond's most viable counterwagon, but HD left him alone which is kind of weird. I kind of feel nervous about Aminaki now just because he's the only other candidate for bussing HD, and I don't feel like the entire mafia would avoid doing that, but if sunny is scum then this doesn't really matter.

Spiffy's case on Fate seems decent too but the points against Sunny feel more damning.

My rolename does not imply I am a BPV, but they probably saw I wasn't vanilla (look at LightWolf's rolename) and assumed I was a power role.

Or they just killed me because I was obviously not mafia after HD flipped, either is possible.

Before anyone jumps on me for this, my night results specifically told me that the Legion tried to kill me, not the Courier. This is why I want the hosts' permission to quote my results here.

And can we not just bandwagon Fate or sunny or whoever we should still use this day wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)