SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Speaking of fossils, if Mega Evolution is formed by a 'strong bond' between Trainers and Pokémon, then how the hell can Mega Aerodactyl exist? I think that I read somewhere (maybe on the official Nintendo website) that its Mega form was what it looked like before it became a fossil, but honestly, that just raises more questions than answers . . .

Perhaps, given its fossilized nature, it was the first Pokémon to discover the 'Primal' energy that gave Kyogre and Groudon such power millions of years later?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Speaking of fossils, if Mega Evolution is formed by a 'strong bond' between Trainers and Pokémon, then how the hell can Mega Aerodactyl exist? I think that I read somewhere (maybe on the official Nintendo website) that its Mega form was what it looked like before it became a fossil, but honestly, that just raises more questions than answers . . .

Perhaps, given its fossilized nature, it was the first Pokémon to discover the 'Primal' energy that gave Kyogre and Groudon such power millions of years later?
Mega stones aren't formed by a pond between trainer and Pokémon, they just tap into bonds the two Pokémon share and allow said Pokémon to use them. I believe there's a mega stone for every Pokémon somewhere, we just haven't found them yet.

What I am interested in is why there have been no NFE megas. If evolution is a natural process, surely there would have been a Treecko to start with, who got a mega stone as it was its own species, and then it was able to adapt and evolve into Grovyle, who stuck around for a while and got a mega stone, and then finally Sceptile, who does have a mega stone. Are mega stones only given to the most "complete" Pokémon?

Of course, it's entirely possible that Arceus created all Pokémon at exactly the same time, we don't know either way. That theory strikes me as odd, though.

Mega stones aren't formed by a pond between trainer and Pokémon, they just tap into bonds the two Pokémon share and allow said Pokémon to use them. I believe there's a mega stone for every Pokémon somewhere, we just haven't found them yet.

What I am interested in is why there have been no NFE megas. If evolution is a natural process, surely there would have been a Treecko to start with, who got a mega stone as it was its own species, and then it was able to adapt and evolve into Grovyle, who stuck around for a while and got a mega stone, and then finally Sceptile, who does have a mega stone. Are mega stones only given to the most "complete" Pokémon?

Of course, it's entirely possible that Arceus created all Pokémon at exactly the same time, we don't know either way. That theory strikes me as odd, though.
I always was under the impression Evolution wasn't the same scientific concept we think of it as in Pokemon, but rather akin to the stages of metamorphosis for certain insects, such as flies starting as maggots.

Basically, Sceptile is not an evolution of Treecko in the sense of Treecko adapting to its environment, but is closer to an "adult" Treecko. Along that line of thinking, maybe only the fully evolved form can handle the energy necessary to Mega Evolve.

While most of the Mega stones were made during the war, it's likely that Mega Aerodactyl's old power was held in an old stone, and the Mega Stone was finalized when the war ended, along with most of the others.

Αυτή η ιστοσελίδα είναι κώλο μου
After two years, you finally chose this thread among all others on to tell us that Smogon is shit in some language that most people don't know and that I had to use Google Translate to find out. Well then...

While most of the Mega stones were made during the war, it's likely that Mega Aerodactyl's old power was held in an old stone, and the Mega Stone was finalized when the war ended, along with most of the others.
I always took Mega Stones as just radiating energy to unlock the raw power of the Pokemon - sort of like a catalyst. So, to me, Mega Aerodactyl's power was always inside it. It just needed a push to its original form.

After two years, you finally chose this thread among all others on to tell us that Smogon is shit in some language that most people don't know and that I had to use Google Translate to find out. Well then...

I always took Mega Stones as just radiating energy to unlock the raw power of the Pokemon - sort of like a catalyst. So, to me, Mega Aerodactyl's power was always inside it. It just needed a push to its original form.
That's also a potential explanation. Maybe in the transition to fossil form, its power was sealed, thus making it an inferior life form.

Also, I got "This website is my ass" in translate, and it's in Greek.

Didn't the mega evolution guru in X/Y say that mega evolution is only possible for Pokemon that have already gone as far as they can with normal evolution, a way for them to temporarily 'outdo' themselves in battle? This is also why I don't really get people complaining or being mystified as to how certain mega evolution form Pokemon can survive or eat in that form. They don't stay like that indefinitely, it's just for battle. (though I'd suspect that Salamence aren't entirely happy about it, returning to not being able to stay airborne indefinitely)

As for the mega stones themselves, I don't think there's one for every (fully evolved) Pokemon out there somewhere. Probably for many of them, but not for ones who wouldn't benefit from it in battle. Ditto transforms itself into a copy of what it sees, so it's not a 'Ditto' for long. And Shedinja probably can't make use of a mega stone when it faints to anything that slips past its Wonder Guard. To be sure, though, there's definitely a LOT more mega stones out there than have currently been discovered.

Last edited:
Didn't the mega evolution guru in X/Y say that mega evolution is only possible for Pokemon that have already gone as far as they can with normal evolution, a way for them to temporarily 'outdo' themselves in battle? This is also why I don't really get people complaining or being mystified as to how certain mega evolution form Pokemon can survive or eat in that form. They don't stay like that indefinitely, it's just for battle. (though I'd suspect that Salamence aren't entirely happy about it, returning to not being able to stay airborne indefinitely)

As for the mega stones themselves, I don't think there's one for every (fully evolved) Pokemon out there somewhere. Probably for many of them, but not for ones who wouldn't benefit from it in battle. Ditto transforms itself into a copy of what it sees, so it's not a 'Ditto' for long. And Shedinja probably can't make use of a mega stone when it faints to anything that slips past its Wonder Guard. To be sure, though, there's definitely a LOT more mega stones out there than have currently been discovered.
Yeah, I can imagine Salamence trying to maintain his Mega form for as long as possible, until the strain just becomes too much, and he exhausts himself. Must be frustrating for trainers.

I actually see Mega Ditto working though. Mega Ability would be Imposter, and maybe upon Mega Evolving, you get to choose which Pokémon you copy. If Game Freak really want to make Ditto Ubers material, they can even add his stats (including the 100 base increase typical of most Mega Evolutions) to that of the stats gains by Transforming.

So every time a fossil needs reviving the guy takes it out back to cry over it? No wonder he asks us to come back later, he needs time to get twelve people together to watch the Littlefoot's mom die (or Futurama's Jurassic Bark ending).

I kid, I kid, but there is one wrench to your theory in the anime canon and it's the death of Latios in the fifth movie and Lucario in the eighth, both being deaths that had no retcon, revival, or redo's. Although both were technically sacrifices instead of deaths, so final death is only possible when it's by your own hand?

The only other on screen deaths that weren't later taken back happened to not-real pokemon (Entei in the third movie, Mirage Mew in the special, Corrupt Groudon in the sixth movie), so your theory might have some weight in the anime. Come to think of it, I can't think of any off-screen fighting-related deaths either. Sir Aaron also sacrificed himself, Papa-Latios did the same, and most of the ghost-story related episodes involve old age or broken hearts.

But my knowledge of the anime is pretty weak. Although as my math teach said, you need three points to make a pattern, and two isolated instances of petrification seem a little more like coincidental writing to me.
Oh shoot, I forgot about those two. It's been a few years since I saw the fifth movie, and I've never seen the eight. With Latios it could of had something to do with the Soul Dew though, as it is implied it has the soul of deceased Latios in it. Off I went to Bulbapeida, and it seems Lucario's death was connected to a crystal as well. Maybe their souls were absorbed, causing death without a redo?

My own theory with Mega Stones is that they resonate with energy of a certain frequency. Each Pokemon also gives off a certain frequency, and when the frequencies match, Mega Evolution is possible. The Key Stone provides the burst of raw power required to sustain Mega Evolution, while the bond between the Trainer and the Pokemon is necessary to "link" the two stones. Thus, when the Key Stone is activated, it sends a burst of energy through the bond, amplifying the Mega Stone's frequency enough that it resonates with the Pokemon's, amplifying it as well and triggering Mega Evolution. Science! Or magic! Or somewhere in between!

I just read a theory somewhere saying that N is supposedly a Zoroark. For example, in B2W2 you follow a Zoroark into some ruins, but when you actually get there, you find N and no Zoroark. Also, he is rather awkward and can communicate with pokemon on a different level, which would make sense if he was a Zoroark. And his hair kinda look like it too. Maybe this is just some crazy theory, but it makes pretty good sense. (Although when you get down to it, him being awkward and having Zoroark-like hair could just be coincidence). Also, apologies if this was covered a while back.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I just read a theory somewhere saying that N is supposedly a Zoroark. For example, in B2W2 you follow a Zoroark into some ruins, but when you actually get there, you find N and no Zoroark. Also, he is rather awkward and can communicate with pokemon on a different level, which would make sense if he was a Zoroark. And his hair kinda look like it too. Maybe this is just some crazy theory, but it makes pretty good sense. (Although when you get down to it, him being awkward and having Zoroark-like hair could just be coincidence). Also, apologies if this was covered a while back.
The Zoroark in BW2 is the same one he battled with as BW Champion. That said I guess he could be another Zoroark, we were shown that in human form a Zoroark is able to speak human (when disguised as a female hiker in Lostlorn Forest). However I would think a Legendary Pokemon would recognize if a person is a Zoroark in disguise and it would be a bit odd for them to serve another Pokemon.

The Zoroark in BW2 is the same one he battled with as BW Champion. That said I guess he could be another Zoroark, we were shown that in human form a Zoroark is able to speak human (when disguised as a female hiker in Lostlorn Forest). However I would think a Legendary Pokemon would recognize if a person is a Zoroark in disguise and it would be a bit odd for them to serve another Pokemon.
I don't know which would be more odd- a legendary Pokémon serving another Pokémon or a 10 year old...

I don't know. It seems that legendaries serving 10 year olds seems to be par for the course in the Pokémon timeline.
Haha yes, I'm just saying that it makes just as much sense for a legendary to serve another pokemon as for one to serve a 10 year old (even though 10 year olds owning legendaries is much more common as you said). And although not the same canon, in PMD you are basically a pokemon that (for all intensive purposes) captures and controls a legendary. The only real difference is that you do not capture them in a pokeball (because they do not exist in PMD).

Would evolutionary stones be like the mega stones in a way? Let's look at Eevee for an example. Two Pokemon can have two different mega forms, and some normally branch off into two different lines. Eevee has eight evolutions, three of which are with stones. Depending on the stone, like the XY variant for megas, Eevee will evolve to a different Pokemon. Eevee obviously stays as the evolution chosen, but are they related? To compare the two, here are the similarities. Evolution stones change the form of the Pokemon, and can even split an evolution line (Oddish and Poliwag are good examples.) with them. Mega Stones similarly can split off as with Mewtwo and Charizard. Since the Pokemon universe is probably two, one with megas and one with none, the evolution stones could be there as a replacement. But why are they in XY/ORAS? Because they are like mega stones, but react to multiple Pokemon. Adding to this theory is welcome, what are your thoughts?

Would evolutionary stones be like the mega stones in a way? Let's look at Eevee for an example. Two Pokemon can have two different mega forms, and some normally branch off into two different lines. Eevee has eight evolutions, three of which are with stones. Depending on the stone, like the XY variant for megas, Eevee will evolve to a different Pokemon. Eevee obviously stays as the evolution chosen, but are they related? To compare the two, here are the similarities. Evolution stones change the form of the Pokemon, and can even split an evolution line (Oddish and Poliwag are good examples.) with them. Mega Stones similarly can split off as with Mewtwo and Charizard. Since the Pokemon universe is probably two, one with megas and one with none, the evolution stones could be there as a replacement. But why are they in XY/ORAS? Because they are like mega stones, but react to multiple Pokemon. Adding to this theory is welcome, what are your thoughts?
- During the Delta Episode, there are suggestions that there could be two different universes - one where the Kalos war happened and humanity had the tech to destroy the asteroid, and one where they didn't.
- At the Battle Resort, Archie alludes to a possible second universe where they try to awaken Kyogre.

It's possible.

In each game, the Pokedex claims that Ho-oh has rainbow-coloured wings or wings of 7 different colours. However, as I see it, Ho-oh's wings are red, with a little white and green feathers at the tip of it's wings. Is it just Gameplay and Story Segregation or am I missing something here?

Like this.

X: A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit. And... we are not dead? Good job Dex-writers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)