Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
DHR-107 don't worry, I have a pretty decent format that will keep track of things and will be useful for archival/historical purposes. I've already reformatted the OP.

I know it's far too early to speculate...

I would think that Zygarde-P will be even more bulky the Zygarde-50.
I would also think it will get a buff i its attacks stat to be over 140.
I'm not too sure if its speed would change though Zygarde-50 already has 95 speed.

I'm going to predict 106/145/141/141/105/95

In regards to Zygarde 10 and cell..

Zygarde-10 is said to be fast so it would have higher speed than Zygrade-5. I'm guessing 120.

I don't know if Zygrade-C would be Little cup legal. I doubt it.

Last edited:
I am suprised that Game Freak didn't go to the Mega Evolution route with this (because that is the primary theme of this generation) and didn't create 2 versions that are equal to each other similar to Kyurem but an ultimate form with threads from both title legendaries and an "inferiour" form.

I hope this Greninja is nothing additional to boost it (stat wise, moveset wise etc), because the least we need is a bonus for Greninja.
But it would make sense that the Kalos Starters would get some kind of mega evolution/forme which has threads of the title legendaries, I mean having the first Pokémon of the game that is directly related to legendary Pokémon or able to abuse its power reminds me of a lot of concepts of anime/manga/movie/tv show concepts to make a connection to the main villains and stuff.

Maybe in Pokemon "Z", the story will be changed to the point where the protagonist is the child of the main villain...but who cares really?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm going to predict 106/145/141/141/105/95

Zygarde-10 is said to be fast so it would have higher speed than Zygrade-5. I'm guessing 120.

I don't know if Zygrade-C would be Little cup legal. I doubt it.
But it would make sense that the Kalos Starters would get some kind of mega evolution/forme which has threads of the title legendaries,

Maybe in Pokemon "Z", the story will be changed to the point where the protagonist is the child of the main villain...but who cares really?
These are pretty good examples at what we call "baseless speculation", which is not allowed.

The posts will remain standing, as a warning to others, but further posts throwing out stats, storyline ideas, movepools, tier placements and so on and so forth, will be deleted.

Thank you.

I had an interesting thought about existing Megas getting a Z mega stone, like Mega Charizard Z or Mega Mewtwo Z. Would be a cool way to expand the mega library some more without them picking random 'mons like Mega Audino.

New Mega Evolutions in general is pretty much a given though. Will be exciting to see which ones we get.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What's really cool about this is that we'll probably see Zygarde (or it's "Perfect" form) climb up the tiers, hopefully Ubers if it is more powerful than Xerneas or Yveltal, as claimed. This is definitely something quite different than what Game Freak has done before, so it'll be exciting what comes of it in the new games.
If it's anything like Kyurem's Forme than Zygarde Perfect would probably be in Ubers (and maybe even Anything Goes if I'm right about its Ability being upgraded in some way).

I'm more curious how the metagame will treat Zygarde 10%, obviously its stats will determine what happens but with it saying it'll be a speedy attacker already sounds like it could have a place in OU if its high enough.

Anybody else getting a huge Dragon Ball Z Cell feeling??? Haha. Dragon Ball Z.
Well I guess we need a Cell to match Mewtwo's Frieza (and I guess Mega Y being Buu (Y), and I think I found another big DBZ baddie that looked like X).

In regards to the Greninja, it's say that it "looks like Ash's clothes" so maybe there's a new feature in the next game where your starter Pokemon changes it's appearence depending on what clothes you're wearing...or it could be an event thing like AZ's Floette, yeah it's probably that.
I was against the idea of Pokemon customization because with all the different body types I'm afraid they'd do a meh job, but if it's just the starters dressing similarly to you I can get down with that idea.

Here's something major that no one's mentioned: in the upper left-hand corner of one of the CoroCoro scans, there's a familiar character that reappears- Lysandre.

So, this can mean a number of things obviously.

I take it to mean that he didn't actually die in XY and will have some significant in the plot of Pokemon Z.

What do you guys think about this?
Remember the anime is always late on the ball. The main series haven't even mentioned Team Flare yet. I think after the incident with Team Plasma the anime writers decided they're just going to do their own story arc with the villain team. That way they don't have to worry what they do with Team Flare in XY2, if there's something they think they can add they probably will but any story changes/continuation will probably be ignored.

I think everyone's jumped to the conclusion that these are two new Zygarde formes, but I don't actually think that's the case. I think it's Zygarde's evolution line. The weird green blob Pokemon is the basic stage, it evolves into the dog (shown by an arrow and then by the dog it says "10%") and then the dog evolves into the regular Zygarde as we know it (denoted by another arrow and the "50%"). The sillhouette Pokemon is Mega-Zygarde as opposed to an alternative forme, as shown by an additional arrow.
While not exactly an evolution line in a typical sense as I think you'll be able to "de-evolve", you're right there has to be something about it transitioning through forms. Maybe you'll need to collect Zygarde Core to get to certain forms? Ooh, imagine that there's actually 10 forms, one for every 10%! :O

MylittlePlusle: There's no point in doing stat spreads as we have no clue what GF plan on doing. The only thing we knows stat wise is Zygarde 10% is a speedy attacker, and who knows what that means depending on what its BST is. I speculated on BST but I kept the speculation broad as who knows what they have planned with the power of these Zygarde.

I am suprised that Game Freak didn't go to the Mega Evolution route with this (because that is the primary theme of this generation) and didn't create 2 versions that are equal to each other similar to Kyurem but an ultimate form with threads from both title legendaries and an "inferiour" form.
That is very odd. Maybe they didn't want to give Zygarde a Mega Evolution since if Xerneas and Yveltal got a Mega Form they'll once again outclass it. This way if Xerneas and Yveltal get a Mega Evolution than Zygarde still has its Mega Evolution to counteract those.

If they had only made one more Kalos Pokemon, Xerneas would be #717 and Yveltal would be #718 to complete the DBZ reference.
How did we get from Norse mythology analogs to DBZ references? Pokemon, it's a blender full of eveything.

Though now thinking about it this Zygarde thing actually now reminds me of Digimon. Core is Rookie, 10% is Champion (bigger and has become able to fight), 50% is Ultimate, and Perfect is Mega. Zygarde even has a sort of digital theme going on with the hexagon glowing in strange patterns.

I had an interesting thought about existing Megas getting a Z mega stone, like Mega Charizard Z or Mega Mewtwo Z. Would be a cool way to expand the mega library some more without them picking random 'mons like Mega Audino.
While I wouldn't mind seeing like a Mega Charizard that's the super form of the original Charizard (Y) but also part Dragon-type (X), don't know what else they could do with Mewtwo.

Though personally I would like them to pick more random Pokemon to give Mega Evolutions if they do what they did with Pidgeot and Beedrill. It all depends on the Pokemon, don't let some bad ones stop you from thinking about the possibilities of other's.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No Mega Charizard Z please. It's already hard enough to effectively see which form it is before it megas, and there's not a lot of pokes that counter both forms consistently. It's also unfair to all the other pokes getting one mega lol.

Here's hoping they do something with Porygon-Z tho.

And in an interview of Pokemon GO Masuda mentioned having connectivity with "new games", so who knows if this is going to be it.

Last edited:
I loved those form changes of Zygade, even it's globy brain, I look up to how they add all of that to the game. As for the different-looking Greninja I think it's just gonna be one those "special"-none-game-included pokemon (like the pink Butterfree from season 1) and as for that water blade... I think it's not big deal, Greninja uses water blades in Smash, so it don't think it will be something too big to revolve around.

While I wouldn't mind seeing like a Mega Charizard that's the super form of the original Charizard (Y) but also part Dragon-type (X), don't know what else they could do with Mewtwo.

Though personally I would like them to pick more random Pokemon to give Mega Evolutions if they do what they did with Pidgeot and Beedrill. It all depends on the Pokemon, don't let some bad ones stop you from thinking about the possibilities of other's.
No Mega Charizard Z please. It's already hard enough to effectively see which form it is before it megas, and there's not a lot of pokes that counter both forms consistently. It's also unfair to all the other pokes getting one mega lol.

And in an interview of Pokemon GO Masuda mentioned having connectivity with "new games", so who knows if this is going to be it.
Oh, I didn't mean exclusively for Charizard or Mewtwo. I meant it would be an opportunity to give anything another mega. Like Mega Ampharos Z or Mega Slowbro Z etc.

"We all know how much you love Mega Rayquaza, so we're introducing Mega Rayquaza Z with higher stats than before. Have fun!"

...In all seriousness, I really hope they have Z megas for at least the other Kanto starters. Why is it overhyped lizard mon that gets two megas, but they don't?
Also, here's to hoping they actually create a good design for Mega Flygon and he becomes a reality. And how is Mega Heracross a "satisfactory design" again?

I'm getting extreme Gurren Lagann vibes off of the face on Perfect Zygarde's chest
BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU! SUPER-COMBINING ZYGARDE LAGANN!

also where does it say the game is called Z; all I see is that the anime's gonna be called "XY & Z" which doesn't really mean anything in terms of the games

Uh, Zygarde-P is a poor design imo, but I like the Dog form at least. Interested to see if this is going to be a whole new thing or just a more filled-out XY though.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'm getting the Dragon Ball Z vibes too, as soon as I saw it. 10%, 50%? Zygarde looking like Cell lol. Kinda disappointed in the designs themselves, because they deviate so much from Zygarde's original design which I really liked. But if they somehow work this into Norse mythology I'll be fine with it

I'm obviously really excited about this, considering how badly I wanted a Z version. I feel like we didn't spend enough time in Kalos and I'm looking forward to having customized trainers again. Playing XY just doesn't hold up anymore compared to ORAS, as far as a features go, so I'm looking forward to a Kalos game being the latest again.

If they had only made one more Kalos Pokemon, Xerneas would be #717 and Yveltal would be #718 to complete the DBZ reference.
Unfortunately, it'd be more fitting for Yveltal to be 17 and Xerneas to be 18, considering their color schemes.

also where does it say the game is called Z; all I see is that the anime's gonna be called "XY & Z" which doesn't really mean anything in terms of the games
It didn't say it, and I'm not even sure if they even said there will be a new game (at least Serebii doesn't say so). It's just very heavily implied (and I really hope for it because I really wanted a Z version).

The Zygarde stuff looks pretty dumb but it's kinda weird that Nintendo would do this after releasing ORAS; regardless, makes me wish i had a 3ds ;_;
Really? How is it weird?
I don't think it's weird, this is kind of the way the game release schedules work. 2 main series games, 2 remakes, then the "combined" version. Granted, they've only done it twice before (Gen 3 and Gen 4). While Platinum was released before HeartGold and SoulSilver, Emerald was released after FireRed and LeafGreen. So it's not that unusual.

I think everyone's jumped to the conclusion that these are two new Zygarde formes, but I don't actually think that's the case. I think it's Zygarde's evolution line. The weird green blob Pokemon is the basic stage, it evolves into the dog (shown by an arrow and then by the dog it says "10%") and then the dog evolves into the regular Zygarde as we know it (denoted by another arrow and the "50%"). The sillhouette Pokemon is Mega-Zygarde as opposed to an alternative forme, as shown by an additional arrow.
Like Kiga, I don't really agree with this, even if just because legendaries don't evolve. But aside from that, that would mean each Pokemon would need its own name, (which granted they could reveal later on) but they're just called Zygarde % forms. They'd also all need their own Pokedex entries. We've had inter-generational evolutions before which skipped a few hundred Pokedex numbers, but I think it's unlikely they'll put two new pre-evolutions into the dex.

All in all though, I'm really excited for Z, since Zygarde was my favorite new Pokemon of X and Y. I don't really like the new forms all that much, but as long as Zygarde is an important part of the story, I think the game will be great!

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But, Greninja, I'm not sure if it is the mega evolution. I wonder if it is supposed to be more like Cosplay Pikachu, especially since it is dressed like Ash.
I agree with this (forgot to mention it in my post though). I don't see why Greninja's mega evolution would make him look like Ash, especially considering Ash doesn't even exist in the games. Even if Ash gets a Greninja (which he probably will) there's no significant relationship between Ash and all Greninjas as a whole.

Not that I'd rule out a future Mega Greninja having clothes (he does have the clever tongue scarf and he is a Ninja who could disguise him/herself), I just don't see why they'd be Ash's.

As these formes are not megas I do wonder how we will get these different formes. There could be a new item that allows you to collect Zygarde-C or an item that allows you to fuse them together.

So, Zygarde is actually Arkadimon. There was an evolutionary line of Digimon that all had the same name with a different suffix to specify which form/stage it was in.

Also, on the topic of inherent Digimon-ness, I'm loving how there are at least four unique forms. They all have vastly different silhouettes from each other and continually increase in size. I do wish the Cell form looked more unique from the Core, but I guess they went with an overall design for Zygarde's components to make them look homogeneous. The theory about how the cells, in droves, combine to form Zygarde just got way cooler.
So you have the Core form, and you have to collect Cells to increase Zygarde's completion level from at least 10% to 100%? Sounds like a plotline. I wonder if there will be an item that unlocks more of Zyg's forms as you track down more Cells?

I'm pretty hyped for the new Z forms.

But, Greninja, I'm not sure if it is the mega evolution. I wonder if it is supposed to be more like Cosplay Pikachu, especially since it is dressed like Ash.
I agree about the potential nod to Cosplay Pikachu. The way it's being advertized (and the fact that you can't make out much more than its headgear. Seriously, does he have water spikes, or is he carrying a large shuriken on his back? WHAT IS THAT??!), it reminds me of Gym Leader's Pokemon in the TCG, where they have advanced strategies based on the person who trained the Pokemon. Maybe there's a way to customize your Kalos starter's appearance that works similarly to outfit changes in XY.

But, based on the mega evolution special, Lysandre is bringing the giant crystal back to Kalos. So, Z is most likely taking place in Kalos. So, while I am leaning more towards Cosplay Greninja, we cannot rule out that that is its mega evo.

Ash's Greninja might be a one-off in-game event featuring a single, unique member of a species, Like Cosplay Pika or Notch-eared Pichu. Another thing to consider. Other translators besides Serebii say that Ash's Greninja will be wearing that headpiece in the anime. I guess it's just a shinobi thing, where you don an article of clothing to represent the lord or country you work for. One that covers your forehead. A forehead protector, so to speak.

inb4 Delphox is the jinchuriki.

I'm in the boat of those who is disappointed with the new designs. I liked the serpentine Zygarde. I guess that Zygarde Core is okay (and imagine my surprise that this is actually a Zygarde cell! Think we'll be able to breed these to make our perfect Zygarde?), but Zygarde 10% completely eschews the serpentine design ethos, and Zygarde Perfect looks like a Z-Knight with a tail. They minus well have added a sword or rifle, a shield, and some gears!

Then again, I've always loved Tyranitar because of his strength, not because of his looks. If Zygarde Perfect is perfect in battle, and just wins me tons of battles, even in the competitive side, then I think I can get used to, and maybe even come to appreciate his design.

And if there isn't a new game coming out next year with this guy as the mascot, I'll be very surprised. Either that, or they'll surprise us with yet another Perfect, more serpentine forme, and we'll get a pair of games.

Oh, and there is no way in hell that Greninja could be a mega form.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so I read that Zygarde's new forms follow up on Norse Mythology even further, and pretty much confirms the 50% form (the one that we see today) as the Jörmungander, known as the World Serpent and the middle child of Loki and the giantess Angrbooa.

Loki has three kids with Angoorboa: the wolf Fenrir, Jörmungander, and a woman named Hel. Sounds familiar? It goes even further: Hel is known to be half-living/half-dead and is in charge of the crossing between life and death, or something like that. Half of her flesh is also colored and dead, which is similar to the patches on 100% Zygarde form where its arms and parts of its flesh are colored.

Idk what the core would be though tbh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)