Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

No one really uses Suicide Leads these days for favor of TankChomp / Lando-T being great setters or more offensive ones, such as Offensive Azelf who's getting a lot of traction and Mamoswine. However I highly suggest (for offensive teams) to run a 2 Pokemon Defensive Backbone, such as TankChomp + Klefki as they form an amazing hazard stack duo and give you "temporary" switch-ins to a lot of high level threats while maintaining offensive pressure.
Yeah, I usually run Lando-T as my setter... Thanks for the replies!

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No one really uses Suicide Leads these days for favor of TankChomp / Lando-T being great setters or more offensive ones, such as Offensive Azelf who's getting a lot of traction and Mamoswine. However I highly suggest (for offensive teams) to run a 2 Pokemon Defensive Backbone, such as TankChomp + Klefki as they form an amazing hazard stack duo and give you "temporary" switch-ins to a lot of high level threats while maintaining offensive pressure.
Also make sure that any defensive backbone you have can maintain some momentum and don't just sap all momentum out of the equation (chomp is good in ho b/c it can dtail out threats and punish u turners and other physical attackers, but hippo isnt since it's super slow and extremely passive)

What are some good ways/Pokemon to beat MediSharp HO?
Tankchomp is great against most varients, and defensive wisp talonflame can pressure them decently. Other than that, just really defensive mons like hippo or gliscor with toxic and slack off/roost to threaten out medi.

Stallbreaker mew also kinda works, it can wall medicham and can spam WoW which bish really can't afford to switch into.

you kinda have to play risky though tbh. there arent many things that can actually switch into medicham, but once you have something in faster than it then its pretty easy to take down so long as you resist BP. its also a lot easier to get things into bisharp that threaten both, such as keldeo or zard.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You'd have to play around with 50/50s, +0 sucker can 2hko after rocks, and +2 sucker can ohko after rocks, while scald only does 30-40, so it's an unreliable check
what are you talking about? slowbro does more damage to bisharp than vise versa, and bisharp also has to deal with scald's burn chance. Please check your calcs next time lol.
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 140-166 (35.5 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Mega Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 145-172 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

what are you talking about? slowbro does more damage to bisharp than vise versa, and bisharp also has to deal with scald's burn chance. Please check your calcs next time lol.
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 140-166 (35.5 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Mega Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 145-172 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
bruh...

252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 174-205 (44.1 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

How's mega houndoom atm? And best play styles/partners for it?
It's workable as a great Stallbreaker for certain teams and solid WinCondition and the best playstyle to use it with is Offense.

Hazard Removal is a literal must as it's weak to all forms of Hazards, so Starmie or Latios would be great partners. A Talonflame check would be great as well, possibly in the SR Setter as TankChomp or Lando-T. I find VolTurn to be a good strategy to incorperate as it's frail and would love Switch-In initiative.

Or ask based lord Recreant

What would you guys say are effective, anti-meta Pokemon right now?
Mamoswine is pretty awesome right now. With Sableye banned from the Ladder I've seen lots of TankChomp + Defensive Lando paired with Klefki for Hazard Stack. It can beat most leads 1v1 as well as take on non-magnet rise Klefki.

Or ask based lord Recreant
Well, uh, since I was tagged specifically, I guess I have a reason for this...
How's mega houndoom atm?
To be honest, Mega Houndoom is one of those Pokemon that you seriously have to know what to do for it to work, and I'll tell ya, it ain't easy. Specifically, you need to know when to set up and when to send it in. aka, you don't want to click Nasty Plot turn one, and you don't want to take extra hazard damage if you don't need to. Most teams will have an automatic check to it whether they think about it or not (Azu, Keldeo, Scarf T-tar, Chansey, etc are all very common Pokemon seen on their respective playstyles), so they all need to be really weakened beforehand. It doesn't just work as a stallbreaker, and I really think people overhype that aspect (tears apart BOF stall when Chansey's down I guess, but with Sableye on the chopping board, that might no longer be applicable).
And best play styles/partners for it?
I generally use it with pretty heavy offense. As a trend, almost all of my teams with Houndoom seem to have Keldeo and Latias as partners. The three work so well together, Keldeo checks Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Landorus-T, Low Kick Weavile, and Heatran for Houndoom, while Latias is able to defeat Manaphy, Tank Garchomp, and Mega Venusaur while also providing Defog and Healing Wish support (for that last reason alone, I find it a far better partner than Latios). In return, Houndoom breaks down Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, Gengar, Skarmory, and Mega Sableye for Latias and Slowbro, Celebi, and the Lati twins for Keldeo. Landorus-T is also a pretty obvious partner outside of those two, being able to check Talonflame, set up Rocks, and provide U-turn support, as KidMagic said. Toxicroak is also really neat, being able to switch into Azumarill's Waterfall and Keldeo's Scalds and set up against a lot of Houndoom's checks. (Generally, if using Latias / Keldeo / Doom, Sludge Bomb is better in that last slot, but if running Toxicroak, use Super Fang or Will-O-Wisp tbh)
so yea :>

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
bruh...

252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 174-205 (44.1 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Mega Slowbro: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
The problem is that bisharp cant sd fearing the 2hko from scald, and it is setup bait for cm megabro as it forced to use sucker if it wannts to do any kind of solid damage to slowbro.

Also...
What would you guys say are effective, anti-meta Pokemon right now?
On the suspect ladder specifically, stallbreaker mew, megabro, and a few other bulky psychic types are really nice since everyone and their mom is spamming mmedi offense.

p2

Banned deucer.
klefki, mega scizor, bisharp if no low kick, bp metagross, conkeldurr, azu if no pjab, excadrill under sand and a bunch of scarfers like rachi, heatran etc

Could somebody give me a basis/place to start for m-medi offense? Also what are some good offense breakers that arent megas?
Weavile and Torn-T come to mind as offense breakers due to their high speed+nice coverage and ability to pressure a lot of teams.

Medicham absolutely needs a partner to get rid of Psychic types such as Weavile and Bisharp. It otherwise gets walled pretty easily by most of them. Hazards and Speed Control are excellent luxuries to make its job of breaking balance and offense easier, so Klefki is great.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Offensive checks to Weavile besides Keldeo?
additionally, talonflame (1 speed lol), bp mmedi, bp mmeta, mlop, mmanne, conkeldurr if it fits on ur team, azu, scarf terrak, ferrothorn, rotom-w, and klefki are all really nice checks to weavile that can fit on offense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)