Smogon Premier League VII - Week 9 (read post #313)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
As many of you know, I've recently turned 21yo. As an adult and a very successful Pokemon player, I feel obligated to give back to the Smogon community by helping the newer crop of players learn this game. As a result, I've made invaluable contribution to Smogon's Facebook page and will continue to do so as time permits. As always, my career will always come first. My goal is to make a 6-digit salary by my 25th birthday. But enough about me for now.

I want to answer the three questions that people have been bombarding me with lately, and my answers should help the SPL players too, which is why I'm sharing my thoughts here. Of the users who consulted me, there were names I recognized, most were alts, and I'm 100% sure some of those alts are well known users on here who are too proud to seek advice using their real usernames.

#1. I've been playing ORAS OU for awhile now. How long will it take for me to become a great player?
There's really no quick fix to this. Keep playing and learn from it. Pokemon is one of those games that everyone has the potential to be great at. It just takes time. Not to be harsh, but it's a fact that some people are slow in the head, so they usually require double or triple the time it takes to get good at this game.

#2. You've been bringing the same team over and over, aren't you afraid of getting counter teamed?
No. I don't believe in counterteaming or getting counterteamed. I don't believe in having an unwinnable matchup either. You have a legitimate chance to win any battle. Just make the right plays and hope luck favors you more than it favors your opponent.

#3. I get so nervous during games. Is there anything I can do about it?
Stop caring so much. It's just Pokemon. Confidence isn't something that can be taught; it's something that is nurtured daily. Success and confidence go hand in hand.

I hope I've made a positive impact on your life this morning. Good luck.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Kid, working at McDonald's doesn't mean I'm in the kitchen flipping hamburgers. Have you seen a picture of me? There's not even one pimple on my smooth face.

Anyways, due to a slow day at work, I'm gonna kick off my unbiased power rankings with the three biggest flops this season.

Looking at the following three teams and their players, it's a shame that all three shouldn't be in the playoffs picture. At the start of the season, the Bigs and Falcons were my picks for the number 1 and number 2 seeds, respectively. The Scooters weren't on par with the aforementioned, but they too had the potential to make a run under the right circumstances. Whatever excuses they ulitize, all three teams bombed horribly and will have to wait until next year to redeem themselves. The next SPL is only 9 months from now...just hang in there.

I'll start with the biggest disappointment this year. the Smalls.

Failure #1, the Bigs: with a team led by McMeghan and his formidable backup dancers the likes of boudouche, Reymedy, and even Finchinator (I guess), this team was destined for great things from the start. Turned out, their superstar player and two semi-star players underperformed big time, no pun intended. This team was kept afloat by their second rate draft picks, which is beyond depressing. There's always a next year, so don't sweat it too much. Enjoy fishing; the weather's nice now.

Failure #2, the Falcons: with a roster consisting of powerhouses like dice, reyscarface (I guess), Tesung (I guess), Leftiez, Tamahome, Destiny Device, and Mr. E, how could this team have failed so miserably? Just continue blaming everything on hax, it'll make the coming months less salty.

Failure #3, the Scooters: got a questionable roster with some good players and a bunch of garbage/filler players. Even so, they're still heads and shoulders above some of those playoffs-bound teams. The German duo or xray and cosine180 should have won most of their games. They're two of the few ORAS OU players that even I would not take lightly. Oh well, go comfort yourself with some of BKC's music selection.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
#2. You've been bringing the same team over and over, aren't you afraid of getting counter teamed?
No. I don't believe in counterteaming or getting counterteamed. I don't believe in having an unwinnable matchup either. You have a legitimate chance to win any battle. Just make the right plays and hope luck favors you more than it favors your opponent.
Never stop till ur mathematically out am I right

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
I didn't try to look cool at all, it was just I didn't give a single shit about the match. The shitposting were just a couple of jokes because I knew you were gonna answer, I shouldn't have done it because your fucking nonexistent intelligence doesn't allow you to difference when someone is joking and when someone is not.

And about the teams that are playing for the last slot for play-offs: sorry but thats not my fucking problem, you all better win more games/weeks before the last week next seasons, my team in out since week 6, shit happens, I'm playing just because I don't want a team to get an activity/free win, but that doesn't mean that I will play to win as my only goal. I use what I want, I will try to win, but I'm not gonna use a fucking boring standard OU team just because a group of people from the internet that I don't know and I won't ever know need me to win so they can make play-offs.

I wasn't gonna brag if I had won the match, I hadn't bragged if I had won giara with a TR with 5 psyquic types, I only played to have fun, this kind of teams only win if your opponent brings something that is really weak to that in particular, not because you are a "GOD AT POKEMON".

The only one who was gonna brag were you with those 2 friendly-matches in the back that you were gonna post whatever had happened in the match. It was 5 am for you, it was almost 4 am for me yesterday too, and I didnt say fucking anything, your team was made in 5 minutes, mine was done in 3, so if I don't post that when I lose, why the hell you have to post it when you win, you need so much the approval of the people, and should be in a fucking psychiatrist instead on a pokemon forum.

Peace.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
I agree with Femalekith. It's pretty sad for grown men to do nothing but bait other people on a Pokemon forum. At some point, you need to grow up and act age appropriate. Leave the trolling and baiting to the 13-18yo users.

P.S. Next time ask for me teams. None of my teams are standard and they still win games.

won 2-1 ggs but failed as a gym leader im sorry ice tea :(
All okay friend. I knew when I've nominated you back then that you had huge potential as a, one day, sucessfull Gym Leader. We all know as a Normal-type Gym Leader you don't have the acess to the best Pokémon and therefore very hard conditions. I remember back then when I've gave you that 1 little Rattata... Seeing as you now have raised it to a powerful Raticate gives me tears of Joy and just proves the point that you're a great Gym Leader :'). Just move on you may have failed this time, though you won the Best of Three series which is all that matter. We all have to accept a defeat anyway and handle over our prestigious badge but that won't stop you from becoming better and proving your worthy position as a Gym Leader, and make the life of other challengers to hell. And as you may know Normal-typer Gym Leaders are cursed...
Good job, Maylene approves.

After we sweep aside these pieces of shits, I would like to make a formal request to Ojama.

Fight me in DPP. I'm not calling you out like I called Malekith cause unlike him you're actually good. We have our differences but you know that I respect you deep inside and I know you respect me. We don't have to smile for the cameras in public but the mutual respect is there. I'm also not calling you out because I think I will win easily just because I have a good tournament record against you, it's the contrary. I think you're the best player in the classiest, you have the best record and I want to play the best. I hope you will accept it.

As men you shouldn't refuse a man that has challenged you. It just shows you're a pussy and you go for the easy route(fakes).

After we sweep aside these pieces of shits, I would like to make a formal request to PokeaimMD

Fight me in BW. I'm not calling you out like I called blunder cause unlike him you're actually good. We have our differences but you know that I respect you deep inside and I know you respect me. We don't have to smile for the cameras in public but the mutual respect is there. I'm also not calling you out because I think I will win easily just because I have a good tournament record against you, it's the contrary. I think you're the best player in the wolf pack, you have the best record and I want to play the best. I hope you will accept it.

As men you shouldn't refuse a man that has challenged you. It just shows you're a pussy and you go for the easy route(blunder).

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Smurf:

After we sweep aside these pieces of shits, I would like to make a formal request to Dekzeh

Fight me in ADV. I'm not calling you out like I called Go10 cause unlike him you're actually good. We have our differences but you know that I respect you deep inside and I know you respect me. We don't have to smile for the cameras in public but the mutual respect is there. I'm also not calling you out because I think I will win easily just because I have a good tournament record against you, it's the contrary. I think you're the best player in the ruiners, you have the best record and I want to play the best. I hope you will accept it.

As men you shouldn't refuse a man that has challenged you. It just shows you're a pussy and you go for the easy route(McMeghan).

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
After we sweep aside these pieces of shits, I would like to make a formal request to CrashinBoomBang

Fight me in minigolf. I'm not calling you out like I called TDK cause unlike him you're actually good. We have our differences but you know that I respect you deep inside and I know you respect me. We don't have to smile for the cameras in public but the mutual respect is there. I'm also not calling you out because I think I will win easily just because I have a good tournament record against you, it's the contrary. I think you're the best player in the raiders call, you have the best record and I want to play the best. I hope you will accept it.

As men you shouldn't refuse a man that has challenged you. It just shows you're a pussy and you go for the easy route(doobie).

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
GOAO said:
After we sweep aside these pieces of shits, I would like to make a formal request to CrashinBoomBang

Fight me for mad0ka's love. I'm not calling you out like I called kingmidas cause unlike him you're actually good. We have our differences but you know that I respect you deep inside and I know you respect me. We don't have to smile for the cameras in public but the mutual respect is there. I'm also not calling you out because I think I will win easily just because I have a better sexual life than you and get all the ladies from Rio, it's the contrary. I think you're the best player in the RAIDERS CALL, you have the best record and I want to play the best. I hope you will accept it.

As men you shouldn't refuse a boy that has challenged you. It just shows you're a pussy and you go for the easy route(passion).

Last edited:

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
After we sweep aside these pieces of shits, I would like to make a formal request to cosine180

Fight me in Giving a fuck about your SPL team. I'm not calling you out like I called Floppy cause unlike him you're actually good. We have our differences but you know that I respect you deep inside and I know you respect me. We don't have to smile for the cameras in public but the mutual respect is there. I'm also not calling you out because I think I will win easily just because I have a good tournament record against you, it's the contrary. I think you're the best player in the Scooters, you have the highest price and I want you to win a lot. I hope you will accept it.

As men you shouldn't refuse a man that has challenged you. It just shows you're a pussy and you go for the easy route(playing tagpro 8 hours a day).

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Same way he managed to call you actually good. How the fk have all these retarded meme posts not been deleted yet? Things far less dumb have been deleted from past topics. Maybe you guys should take this shit to the Salty Suite topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)