Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters
This is why somewhat customizable abilities would be nice... or if the Mega Stone could be programmed to double as a Thick Club... I'm just saying that wouldn't violate ability clauses! I'm just saying!

Parental Bond, Parental Bond, Parental Bond, Huge Power, Huge Power, Parental Bond, Huge Power, come on guys...
I mean if you're given the option to level 5 ability, you are going to want to use it. Also both abilities make flavor sense. Parental Bond because of the dead mother lore, and Huge Power because it makes up for the loss in Thick Club. Sure they are being overused, but at least they are justifiable.

I mean if you're given the option to level 5 ability, you are going to want to use it. Also both abilities make flavor sense. Parental Bond because of the dead mother lore, and Huge Power because it makes up for the loss in Thick Club. Sure they are being overused, but at least they are justifiable.
Flavor-wise it makes sense, but making it have 100+ Attack with Huge Power and High Speed is very broken imao, even though you do have access to lvl5 ability, doesn't mean it needs to be broken, I'd suggest something more balanced :)

Btw, I'm not talking about any specific post someone did, if this offended you please note it wasn't my intention. I just feel like MEGA Mawile's Attack + Gengar Speed wouldnt be a fair combo.. :/

Last edited:
I just feel like MEGA Mawile's Attack + Gengar Speed wouldnt be a fair combo.. :/
In my case, it was simply there to cover for its fairly abysmal starting speed and newfound also-abysmal defensive typing. Ground/Fighting has 1 immunity (Electric), 4 resistances (Fighting, Bug, Dark, and a double resistance to Rock), and 6 weaknesses (Water, Grass, Ice, Flying, Psychic, and Fairy). The weaknesses are all reasonably common attacking types, and a base HP of 60 isn't going to win any prizes. It's also why I kept the Attack stat the same and beefed up the defences instead, but it's still not brilliant.

Of course, my Megawak-Alola is a rather different kettle of fish, it being Shedinja but good. =]

In my case, it was simply there to cover for its fairly abysmal starting speed and newfound also-abysmal defensive typing. Ground/Fighting has 1 immunity (Electric), 4 resistances (Fighting, Bug, Dark, and a double resistance to Rock), and 6 weaknesses (Water, Grass, Ice, Flying, Psychic, and Fairy). The weaknesses are all reasonably common attacking types, and a base HP of 60 isn't going to win any prizes. It's also why I kept the Attack stat the same and beefed up the defences instead, but it's still not brilliant.

Of course, my Megawak-Alola is a rather different kettle of fish, it being Shedinja but good. =]
you do realize that how mega speed works has been changed right

That wasn't really what I was talking about, though frankly I'm in favour of the change made. Having a base Speed of 45 is simply unworkable for a physical attacker, especially a Ground-type one; in order to make it worth using in OU, you have to beef the speed up, and that means spending a shedload of points on it that don't go into other stats. My version of Mega Marowak is much faster, sure, but it's also weak to a lot more stuff and has a fairly lacklustre HP. Additionally, as far as Huge Power attackers go, it's not the best - you'll note that Megawak-K's Attack actually remains at 80. Yes, it's a lot faster, but of the two Mega Evolutions I submitted, Megawak-A is for my money the more dangerous one because of BD + STAB priority.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ability: Thick Bones (Tough Claws Clone, except it'll turn your held item into a Thick Club at the end of the next round as well. The Mega Stone returns after battle.)
Typing: Ground
HP: 60
Attack: 80 --> 110 (+30)
Defense: 110 --> 140 (+30)
Special Attack: 50 --> 50 (+0)
Special Defense: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Speed: 45 --> 65 (+20)
New Moves: Shore Up, Thousand Arrow, Ice Hammer
Description: So Marowak might seem broken, but remember this: Mega-Wak is the only Mega who is susceptible to Knock Off. And the turn afterwards? He's got average physical strength until the club is reformed.

Ability: Dry Bones (Dry Skin Clone, except it'll turn your held item into a Thick Club at the end of the next round as well. The Mega Stone returns after battle.)
Typing: Fire/Ghost
Attack: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Defense: 110 --> 140 (+30)
Special Attack: 50 --> 50 (+0)
Special Defense: 80 --> 130 (+50)
Speed: 45 --> 45
New Moves:
Sacred Fire, Spirit Shackle
Description: So Marowak might seem broken, but remember this: Mega-Wak is the only Mega who is susceptible to Knock Off. In this case? He's actually weak to it! Able to be fully abused by it again and again! A-Mega-Wak needs to take advantage of its resistances to most water types. It can stop Manaphy cold as it gets nothing neutral against it and the rain will heal Wak as well. (Forcing Manaphy to run Shadow Ball over something more synergetic is a win in and of itself)

I'm not even sure these'll fly. I miss the days when we could be really out there with out Mega abilities.
I don't think they will fly. :c Those are pretty complicated abilities to code tbh, so if you want them to be implemented you'll need to supply your own code.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Ok but looking the same abilities more times, I think it's not good

Mega Marowak
Ability:
Battle Armor
Typing: Ground/Steel
Attack: 125 (+45)
Defense: 150 (+40)
Special Attack: 15 (-35)
Special Defense: 130 (+50)
Speed: 45
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Sacred Sword
Description: Upon mega evolving, its skull becomes pure steel and it's bone becomes a sword. It hits hard physically with stab Earthquake and Iron Head. It's improved defenses make it extremely bulky and it can set up Iron Defenses without worrying about crits thanks to it's ability Battle Armor. With STAB priority Bullet Punch and Swords Dance, it can be an amazing sweeper.

Mega Marowak-Alola
Ability:
Aftermath
Typing: Ghost
Attack: 50 (-30)
Defense: 80 (-30)
Special Attack: 130 (+80)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 125 (+80)
New Moves: Destiny Bond, Confuse Ray
Description: Can only mega evolve if Marowak-Alola is female. Upon mega evolving, she embodies the spirit of the Ghost of Pokemon Tower. Her stats change so that it is fast and now a special attacker. She represents a haunting spirit with moves like Hex to take advantage of crippled pokemon, and Destiny Bond to take opponent pokemon into Mega Marowak-Alola's grave with her.

Last edited:
Everyone's megas are so predictable. Mine will be different.

Mega Marowak
Type: Ground
Ability: Battle Armor
Attack: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Defense: 110 -> 160 (+50)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 80

Huge Power? Parental Bond? Just no. Mega Marowak is covered in bones, giving it the ability Battle Armor (GODAMMIT FARTFART2 JUST POSTED A MEGA MAROWAK WITH BATTLE ARMOR AS I WAS WRITING THIS). Who needs speed? My Mega Marowak focuses on physical bulk and power. 'Nuff said.

Mega Alolan Marowak
Type: Ghost / Fire
Ability: Flash Fire
Attack: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)

Mega Alolan Marowak is more specially bulky than Mega Marowak. It doesn't have as much power but is more bulky and it comes with a free Fire immunity.

Haha sorry dude. I mean you could use Shell Armor to make yours more original even though those abilities are the exact same thing.
I was thinking about that but I figured that Battle Armor made more sense for a Mega Marowak than Shell Armor did. They're the exact same, but Battle Armor fits it better.

EDIT: And don't be sorry about it. I was just raging at the sight of your mega. I do that a lot ;)

Both can mega-evolve while holding Thick Club and knowing a "Bone" move (so their Attack is still doubled).

Mega Marowak
Type: Ground / Normal
Ability:
Arena Trap
Stats:
HP
ATK 80 (+30)=>110
DEF 110 (+20)=>130
SPA 50 (+10)=>60
SPD 80 (+30)=>110
SPE 45 (+10)=>55
New Moves: Hammer Arm, Icicle Spear
Description: WIP

Mega Marowak Alola
Type: Fire / Ghost
Ability: Shadow Tag
Stats:
HP
ATK 80 (+20)=>100
DEF 110 (+10)=>120
SPA 50
SPD 80 (+10)=>90
SPE 45 (+60)=>105
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Fire Spin
Description: WIP

Mega Alolan Marowak
Ability:
Lightning Rod ----> Parental Bond
Typing: Ghost/Normal

HP: 60 ----> 60 (+0)
Attack: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Defense: 110 ----> 110 (+0)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 120 (+70)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 80 (+0)
Speed: 45 ----> 35 (-10)
Base Stat Total: 425 ----> 525 (+100)

Movepool Additions:
Shadow Sneak
Description: Alolan Marowak becomes darker and more defensive of it's pack (Cubone.) Because of that, it gets the ability Parental Bond. It gains boosts in its Attack and Special Attack. It also drops the Fire type and adds the Normal type, which gives it a unique type combination. However, it only gains one new move Shadow Sneak, but it allows it to become a bulk revenge killer. It can be exploited by fast special Ghost types, like Froslass, but they can't switch in on a Shadow Sneak. Bulky Dark types can also counter it, especially those with Sucker Punch, as it can OHKO/2HKO Marowak. While it would be very good, I don't think it would be broken.

I don't think they will fly. :c Those are pretty complicated abilities to code tbh, so if you want them to be implemented you'll need to supply your own code.
That's why I made it so the Mega Stone has a doubling effect as though it were a Bone Club. An advantage is that it can be used as a Bone Club that can't be knocked off, even if you don't go mega!

Parental Bond makes sense on Marowak, but I'd preferred if it remained exclusive to Kkhan. Now to compensate for the loss of Thick Club, I've given Marowak huge attack buffs alongwith Adaptability, which can be very threatening. It's my first try so please point out if something ain't right. Anyways, here is my entry!

Mega Marowak

Type: Ground/Fairy
Ability: Adaptability

Attack: 80 ----> 165 (+75)
Defense: 110 ----> 120 (+10)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 30 (-20)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 90 (+10)
Speed: 45 ----> 60 (+25)

New Moves: Play Rough, Thousand Arrows, Agility

Upon mega-evolving using the Marowakite, the regular Marowak become acts as a Fairy, a guardian to it's orphaned child, unlike the Marowak encountered by trainers at Lavender Tower. Boasting a sky-high attack stat and Adaptability, this Pokemon hits really hard. Agility can be used to increase it's speed. Ground and Fairy provides decent synergy with Ground hitting Steel, Poison and Fire super-effectively, which Fairy types struggle with. Also gets Thousand Arrows to deal with Pokemon like Skarm or Rotom-W (I always thought Bonemerang and Bone Rush should be able to hit Flying types, but that's not allowed so)

Mega Marowak-A

Type: Ghost/Fire
Ability: Adaptability

Attack: 80 ----> 150 (+70)
Defense: 110 ----> 80 (-30)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 30 (-20)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 80 (0)
Speed: 45 ----> 125 (+80)

New Moves: Bulk Up

Alolan Marowak, retains it's Fire/Ghost typing. Desperate for revenge against those who killed it, this Pokemon sheds it's bones for increased speed, at the cost of lowering it's defenses. Adaptability allows it to hit hard and due to it's Ghost typing, finds good neutral coverage. Access to WoW helps it mitigate it's somewhat low defense. Due to a good defensive typing it can proceed to setup with SD/Bulk Up.

Last edited:

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
All right, let me try my first submission here:

Mega Marowak

Marowak model.png

Type:
Ground/Ghost
Ability: Spirit Armor: When this Pokemon is hit by a move that makes contact, place a Curse on the user (if this is not passable as a clone, make it an Iron Barbs variation).

HP: 60 --> 60
Atk: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Def: 110 --> 150 (+40)
SpA: 50 --> 55 (+5)
SpD: 80 --> 130 (+50)
Spe: 45 --> 30 (-15)
BST: 425 --> 525 (+100)

New moves: Moonlight, Shadow Bone, Phantom Force, Shadow Ball

Mega Marowak smashes a hole in its skull, releasing the spirit of its mother. The spirit swirls around its body, protecting it from further harm. The spirit also, however, hinders its movements, slowing it down. Mega Marowak is capable of of being a powerful wall, but lacking the ability to hold Leftovers and having a less than ideal defensive typing hinders it from being too dominating. Still, 60/150/130 bulk with recovery in Moonlight (though low PP) is nothing to sneeze at.

Mega Alolan Marowak

Alolan Marowak model.png

Type:
Ghost/Fire
Ability: Spirit Leak: When this Pokemon is hit by a physical move, its Defense is decreased by one stage and its Attack in increased by two stages (essentially Weak Armor but +2 Atk instead of +2 Spe).

Atk: 80 --> 140 (+60)
Def: 110 --> 80 (-30)
SpD: 80 --> 70 (-10)
Spe: 45 --> 120 (+75)

New moves: Shadow Sneak, Agility

Mega Alolan Marowak sheds a large part of its shell, allowing the blue fire of its mothers spirit to leak out. The lighter body makes it much faster and the power of its mother makes it stronger. It does have to give up some defensive abilities for this, however. Access to Swords Dance and priority in Shadow Sneak, as well as a good offensive typing might make Mega Alolan Marowak a formidable wall breaker and sweeper. It also has potential for a Double Dance set with SD and Agility with Dual STABs (potentially Shadow Sneak > Shadow Bone) to easily sweep a weakened team. However, low bulk after Mega Evolving makes it prone to priority like Shadow Sneak and Aqua Jet, both of which its weak to. Be careful though: not killing it with one of these priority moves will activate Spirit Leak, skyrocketing its Attack.

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All right, let me try my first submission here:

Mega Marowak

View attachment 74781

Type:
Ground/Ghost
Ability: Spirit Armor: When this Pokemon is hit by a contact attack, a Curse is place on the user.

Atk: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Def: 110 --> 150 (+40)
SpD: 80 --> 130 (+50)
Spe: 45 --> 30 (-15)

New moves: Moonlight, Shadow Bone, Phantom Force, Shadow Ball

Mega Marowak smashes a hole in its skull, releasing the spirit of its mother. The spirit swirls around its body, protecting it from further harm. The spirit also, however, hinders its movements, slowing it down. Mega Marowak is capable of of being a powerful wall, but lacking the ability to hold Leftovers and having a less than ideal defensive typing hinders it from being too dominating. Still, 60/150/130 bulk with recovery in Moonlight (though low PP) is nothing to sneeze at.

Mega Alolan Marowak

View attachment 74784

Type:
Ghost/Fire
Ability: Spirit Leak: This Pokemons stats cannot be lowered by an opponent. If it is attempted, the opponent suffers the stat changes instead (so like Magic Bounce, but for stat changes in stead of status moves).

Atk: 80 --> 140 (+60)
Def: 110 --> 80 (-30)
SpD: 80 --> 70 (-10)
Spe: 45 --> 120 (+75)

New moves: Shadow Sneak, Agility

Mega Alolan Marowak sheds a large part of its shell, allowing the blue fire of its mothers spirit to leak out. The lighter body makes it much faster and the power of its mother makes it stronger. It does have to give up some defensive abilities for this, however. Access to Swords Dance and priority in Shadow Sneak, as well as a good offensive typing might make Mega Alolan Marowak a formidable wall breaker and sweeper. It also has potential for a Double Dance set with SD and Agility with Dual STABs (potentially Shadow Sneak > Shadow Bone) to easily sweep a weakened team. However, low bulk after Mega Evolving makes it prone to priority like Shadow Sneak and Aqua Jet, both of which its weak to.
custom abilities are banned, unless you have code for them, therefore. both abilities (well, Spirit Armour may pass as a Flame Body + Gooey clone) are invalid. you will need to change them, otherwise they will most likely be invalid for voting.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
custom abilities are banned, unless you have code for them, therefore. both abilities (well, Spirit Armour may pass as a Flame Body + Gooey clone) are invalid. you will need to change them, otherwise they will most likely be invalid for voting.
All right, thank you for telling me. Are clones of existing abilities allowed? I think I'll change Spirit Armor to Iron Barbs clone and Spirit Leak to a Weak Armor clone if that's allowed.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the answer in the OP. I do still really like the original idea of Spirit Armor, so if I can get confirmation wether or not it's allowed, that would be awesome. For clarity, it was: When this Pokemon is damaged by a contact move, place a Curse on the user

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All right, thank you for telling me. Are clones of existing abilities allowed? I think I'll change Spirit Armor to Iron Barbs clone and Spirit Leak to a Weak Armor clone if that's allowed.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the answer in the OP
no problem

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the answer in the OP. I do still really like the original idea of Spirit Armor, so if I can get confirmation wether or not it's allowed, that would be awesome. For clarity, it was: When this Pokemon is damaged by a contact move, place a Curse on the user
I'm no authority, but I'd think that that would be passable as a clone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)