NOC Deathnote NOC Mafia - GAME OVER, Postgame in #714

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long have you been playing mafia games, Hitmonleet ?
Well, this is my second game (Quentin Tarantino was my first.)

Anyways, from the way I look at it, the scum will probably try to lay low, and mostly provide superfluous arguments in an attempt to misguide us and get us to lynch the wrong person. Looking at what small information I have, Texas has been sort of just following Twin on everything, and not exactly doing anything except for quoting statistics. As such, I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well, this is my second game (Quentin Tarantino was my first.)

Anyways, from the way I look at it, the scum will probably try to lay low, and mostly provide superfluous arguments in an attempt to misguide us and get us to lynch the wrong person. Looking at what small information I have, Texas has been sort of just following Twin on everything, and not exactly doing anything except for quoting statistics. As such, I'm keeping my vote where it is.
Scum won't be the only ones doing that js

We need to come up with a game plan btw since claiming is pretty much suicidal in this game so what do we do to compensate?
This is the big problem I keep running into when I try to come up with what we should do. Nobody can claim, because then they get killed the next night. Essentially, what we're going to have to do is try to find who is Mafia and who isn't, and try and trust who you think you know to not be Mafia, somehow.

RVS

1. Hypothetical scenario: the game's activity dies down to almost nothing. What do you do to change that?
2. Inverse hypothetical scenario: the game's activity takes off like a rocket and now you're 15 pages behind. What do you do to catch up?
3. Out of a total of 100, assign percentage values to the importance of these game aspects: teamwork, power roles, scumhunting, luck.
4. Is toxic behavior detrimental to scumhunting? Why or why not?

According to the Mafiascum wiki, RQS means Random Questioning Stage. Is that correct?

As for those questions:

1. Well, some people get trapped in a dangerous thing called real life, in which case you can't exactly do much to change. However, attempts at creating discussion (questions, thoughts on other's posts, scumhunting, etc.) would probably be the way to go, along with simply highlighting the more idle people at the worst.

2. Probably just read what you missed.

3. In this game in particular? 50% Scumhunting, 25% Teamwork, 15% Power Roles, and 10% Luck. We can't exactly trust people very much in this game, since anyone knowing your role means you could die, you need to focus more on ousting suspicious characters.

4. It really depends on what you consider toxic. Most definitions are bad, because it is simply hostility without reason or benefit. Sometimes, people end up slipping from constantly being accused, from what I've seen in the little amount of research I've done, but most of the time, people just get feelings hurt and it devolves into nothing useful.

Haruno

How much do we value the mafias last resort guessing? Depending on how much we value it, we can trade Merlin + disguise artists + bg + 2 endgame guesses for two of the mafia. Removing two mafia early on makes the game really easily

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here other than "sacrifice players to scumhunt", but I'd like to think we could get to that point without throwing our fellow players under the bus.

Haruno

?___? That's assuming Merlin never dies in the first place. If he dies before we get info then village is super fucked. Also Blazade for mafia nightkill can they do something like mark everyone as Merlin to ensure Merlin dies? Or can they only vote for a role once.

The sooner we kill all mafia the lower the chances they'll be able to abuse the 2 votes since there will be that many more players alive

Haruno

Actually even then, mafia is forced to 50-50 to guess between disguise + bg so even then it can work out for us. It gives us much more value with all mafia dead earlier on when having 2 guesses/player when there are like 8 players as opposed to like 4 remaining

I'm against anything that would force town players to give themselves up involuntary, seeing as they can't weigh in without revealing themselves. I suppose it could be a good strategy but I don't want to entertain it heaps for that first reason.

Don't like pancake's ~callout~ of RVS then lurking (+ liking knights post about RQS). I don't see how RQS has significantly less downside/crummy posting than RVS though am happy to hear him out on this.

Haruno

And you all are denying the possibility of Merlin dying anyways (especially so since there is a village that will 50-50 go for a Merlin kill) so we might as well take advantage of merlins info if possible to guarantee some mafia deaths as opposed to nothing.

There are only two confirmed villagers as far as I'm concerned with tracker + watcher duo, whereas the rest have to rely on "reading" lmao and the only other info we can get is from Merlin/guy that knows Merlin. And the extra info we can turn into a guaranteed mafia kill.

Blazade if Merlin/whoever met Merlin die, will we get a list of all their names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)