NOC Deathnote NOC Mafia - GAME OVER, Postgame in #714

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello : )

I want to maximise this day. People need to post scumreads, do some kind of poe, etc. I don't care, just because we have one mafia member seemingly in the bag here, doesn't mean we're getting by this day without.

And yes it's really hard to argue with hitmonleet when you see this;
Vote hitmonleet

No risk with this one
Hitmonleet, he's conf scum
confscum Hitmonleet
from Percival, but we're thinking this through. I have some itching paranoia but we don't have to talk about that now.

At the moment I am looking at Pancake and moody mostly, but Moody is part because they asked about Blankslate's vote on Hitmonleet (which of course would mean it's contingent on the likely hitmonleet scum). Pancake is the holdover from D1 slight scum reads and their weird pre-deadline post saying they'd rather a moody lynch, but an aura lynch is good too. Though I'm having trouble seeing it from either alignment.
Also having a somewhat time reading Mithril

Hitmonleet; why Asek & Moody as scummy?

acidphoenix, Haruno, King_; who (else) are ya scumreading?

Josh; what prompts the switch from Asek to Moody?
You also seem incredibly confident that mafia tried to investigate you last night and I want to know where that comes from? - you can go your call on whether or not to share about it cause I can see that it may be unhelpful to talk about from your perspective, though for me I guess mafia would know whether or not they did so it's ok to talk about it because we're thinking through something they know they answer to.

p-edit: Mithril got to it first.

Trying to work out if it's better to lynch Hitmonleet now or later, will hopefully be back in a few hours.

hitmonleet is def scum, the other fake targets Josh had are prob town, Josh is prob town, I'm town, and then you're more likely town

not much else

I do agree with Josh but I'll look at moody in the morning

I can definitely see a case for Moody, and to be fair we don't actually get anything out of lynching one mafia over another since they just pass on their abilities. But its pretty obvious we need to hit a sure mafia tomorrow and hit the other tomorrow to realistically have a chance in my opinion. It just becomes more likely that the mafia can get people's roles nailed down the more time we give them.

The big thing I noticed for Moody outside of his weird plan out of nowhere (super suspicious considering he had done literally nothing up to that point to garner trust) was the fact that he was continually pushing Blank/AG/Texas as playing against the village until in post 371 he magically tries to say that maybe AG isn't scum while the other two are. It felt like he noticed people were pushing a couple other wagons at that point and thought he may be able to push it off of AG for a day. He also used that post to try to throw some suspicion onto Josh, when it seems pretty obvious he is town at this point (barring absurd bussing of AG from like p2). His vote in post 212 on pancake screams of OMGUS as well. I also didn't love his bringing up of daychat in 345 because I haven't really even thought about it as a town player, while it would obviously be in the mind of the mafia team since they would be actively using it.

All that being said though, I'm not sure how I feel about AG putting both of his teammates in his final top 3 scum (post 297). Admittedly he argued earlier in the game that he doesn't allow his role to affect his in thread scumhunting, but it would be an interesting play to push both of his teammates as scum. I'll continue to go through more possible scumbuddies for AG/Hitmonleet though in case it isn't Moody.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I claimed merlin and caught 2 scum at least in my 4 scumreads. If scum didn't guess me as Merlin + invest me idk what to say.

Asek has actually been really busy and I reviewed some things and decided his lurking was NAI. As scum he's usually more aggressive than this.

King
pancake
acidphoenix
MoodyCloud

Out of living players Hitmonleet is confscum. I am safely tring haruno, asek, gronk and mithril because I think I know his role.

This leaves king pancake acid and moody as possible scum. I have to review them and decide, my trs should too.

Josh

=P
Also lol ngl I genuinely thought Hitmonleet was town yday and put him in my 4 as a town who I thought wouldn't get lynched. It's funny that Texas got him as percival.

I claimed merlin and caught 2 scum at least in my 4 scumreads. If scum didn't guess me as Merlin + invest me idk what to say.

Asek has actually been really busy and I reviewed some things and decided his lurking was NAI. As scum he's usually more aggressive than this.

King
pancake
acidphoenix
MoodyCloud

Out of living players Hitmonleet is confscum. I am safely tring haruno, asek, gronk and mithril because I think I know his role.

This leaves king pancake acid and moody as possible scum. I have to review them and decide, my trs should too.
If you did catch 2 scum in your reads it would have to be AG and Hitmonleet, which would mean Moody is most likely not scum. Otherwise the mafia would not have inspected you b/c it was obvious that you were not Merlin (since you would had stated all 3 mafia members in your 4 possible people). Both of these scenarios are definitely possible, but I just wanted to point them out.

I have to read back through the thread because my notes have almost nothing on acid right now. From what I remember I thought Knight was decently towny, but I'm not sure if that changed with King or not.

Besides hitmon, I still think Moody seems different from the last NOC, but other than that the only people i suspect are Acid/Mithril because Acid hasn't seemed the way he's supposed to be and Mithril felt very in the background the first day. This game I'm not asking questions as much because there has been someone who's stepped up and took care of the game (Josh). From day 1 I thought Josh was doing a good job because there is no way in hell Merlin would act so obvious but luck also helped in getting the scum. I'm still a bit paranoid about Mafia being easy to pinpoint but they weren't stupid enough to try and flip the lynches.

Josh

=P
I do want this flip but I still feel as though moodycloud is a better lynch than Aura Guardian. I highly suggest we get on him instead, and if you guys don't listen, whatever, that's fine, we'll play it on whether or not Aura is scum, this is a good flip to have anyway.

Can I please explain my reads post?

basically what I was trying to go for was a spectrum of town.........scum reads wise. some people interpreted this as me clearing mithril for no reason (which was actually a really bad assumption on your part) and the fact that I put "neutral lean scum" as my scum read category (which was bad category judgement on my part). So yeah can we please stop judging me based on the format of my reads post, feel free to judge me based on the content.
Speaking of trying to flip the lynch

Josh

=P
unvote pancake
vote aura guardian

everything josh's said has been on the impression of "my perspective is right and i'll vote anyone who doesn't, if you vote somebody i don't like you're not on my team"

this could honestly just be him being dumb(hence actually agreeing with him on some things and voting ag) but seriously "you voted somebody with a vote i don't like" is not cause to call somebody out as scum

this post may or may not be coherent when it comes out i'm sleep deprived :/

vote subject to changing tomorrow

((also me idling has just been me being lazy))
This is still a bad post

http://prnt.sc/dqwi3t
Posts were mostly far apart in terms of timing, usually just follows the general consensus. I read usually based on my experience from before.
I'll quickly respond to this before I go to sleep. Anybody who has played a NOC with me on Smogon should know that I've never been one for bombarding the thread with posts. I'll comment when I notice things, but I've never really lead discussion or even desired to lead discussion. Aside from that, I believe that the last post I made on D1 was around p7 (considering thats were my notes were up to before I was unable to get to a computer at all during NYE b/c I was busy with people. By the time I had time to try to process the thread the day had already ended. Not a good excuse by any means, but the truth nonetheless.

That also kinda explains the idea that I followed the consensus due to the fact that there was so little information. That being said, I was very hesitant of Josh early (which best I can remember was not at all consensus and was the first person trying to get Asek to post).

I don't really have much else to say considering you only commented on the quantity / general feel of the posts. Let me know if there is something more concrete to discuss. In the meantime I should have definite opinions / ISOs for pancake / King / Moody / phoenix by this time tomorrow.

I'll quickly respond to this before I go to sleep. Anybody who has played a NOC with me on Smogon should know that I've never been one for bombarding the thread with posts. I'll comment when I notice things, but I've never really lead discussion or even desired to lead discussion. Aside from that, I believe that the last post I made on D1 was around p7 (considering thats were my notes were up to before I was unable to get to a computer at all during NYE b/c I was busy with people. By the time I had time to try to process the thread the day had already ended. Not a good excuse by any means, but the truth nonetheless.

That also kinda explains the idea that I followed the consensus due to the fact that there was so little information. That being said, I was very hesitant of Josh early (which best I can remember was not at all consensus and was the first person trying to get Asek to post).

I don't really have much else to say considering you only commented on the quantity / general feel of the posts. Let me know if there is something more concrete to discuss. In the meantime I should have definite opinions / ISOs for pancake / King / Moody / phoenix by this time tomorrow.
as the substance isn't really there imo I can't really say anything other than feel/quantity

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
and i will figure things out.

Why the fuck is hitmonleet not the lynch target though? ?_____________________? Like since we have no vig and no real way to kill him, i'd rather remove confirmed scum than risk a myslynch since we need night results to pin down light (inb4hitmonislight)

Haruno

texas was super heavy on hitmonleet bus especially considering how josh aka "merlin" fakeclaimed, and seeing as we know texas is percival now. Hitmonleet is 100% scum. Any other lynch is kinda retarded. I mean I guess light will still have all the mafia abilities but there's not much we can do about that and it limits the effects of mafia. Also Blazade I'm assuming if mafia inspect/hook die, then light can use all the abilities on the same night correct?

The goal rn is to figure out who light is and how to coordinate actions to get him.

Josh why do you claim to have been inspected? And why the lynch on asek? Since if mafia was absolutely certain you were merlin, why would they inspect you? ?__? makes no sense man.

Seems like the only buses afterwards that people like are moody/asek. I'd like a reasoning on either tbh since I'd really want to minimize downtime. If anything, it'd be best if we had watcher/tracker/inspect use their abilities and target them both to try and narrow things down. Other than that, i'm not sure on what we can really do tbh.

Haruno

Oh one more question Blazade if there is only one mafia remaining and the janitor targets the last mafia and the last mafia proceeds to get lynched, we go to final guess correct?

If blazade answers yes to this, I'd really prefer a village myslynch preferably on a non consequential role and have it be janitor'd to make it very very hard for mafia to win final guess

I'd like to point out that texas didn't KNOW for sure which of scum and town hitmonleet was and the possibility mafia left him to be mislynched, while not a big chance, exists. I'll follow up on my trust of twin's townreads statement which makes me think he might have died visiting either of hitmonleet/josh, either way an hitmonleet lynch seems to bring more info than an asek one atm.
Lynch hitmonleet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)