SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think I got everything of value from abilities, but if anyone wants me to specifically check something, I'll check it (and post a screenshot if its interesting). I will be testing stuff as well, just note Im super early in the game so it MIGHT take me a while to test anything interesting.

Also thank you a ton doipy hooves for posting the screenshots of stuff me and Kalalokki found on Discord, my phone sucks and reposting that all on here would have sucked harder lol.
Can you check Beast Boost?

While that's true for Showdown, it's still a pretty significant damper for ingame playthroughs (transferring is a pain, and it makes it much less likely to get Toxic on a new mon).
Forgive me but i don't think i've ever really used Knock Off, Toxic or Roost in game.
Literally no reason considering you can just delete everything with supereffective coverage and use items to heal, plus Knock Off has almost always been a tutor move in lategame.

Forgive me but i don't think i've ever really used Knock Off, Toxic or Roost in game.
Literally no reason considering you can just delete everything with supereffective coverage and use items to heal, plus Knock Off has almost always been a tutor move in lategame.
While I'll give you Roost and Knock Off, some of my best moments ingame in recent years have come from Toxic.

Knock Off is decent Dark coverage that plenty of stuff gets early on. Toxic Fly is a great way to cheese opponents. Roost is great to play with Flying weaknesses.

Damn, that Crobat did carry me through White 2 despite the underleveled nature of that run. That, and DD Haxorus.

I think I got everything of value from abilities, but if anyone wants me to specifically check something, I'll check it (and post a screenshot if its interesting). I will be testing stuff as well, just note Im super early in the game so it MIGHT take me a while to test anything interesting.
Considering everyone playing Scarlet, could you check Armorouge's sig Armor Cannon? I'm interested to see how strong the move is (hopefully it's as strong as Fire Blast)

Knock Off is decent Dark coverage that plenty of stuff gets early on
Note that I was just referring to availability as TM.
Knock off has historically always been a tutored move or egg move when not normally learned, and aside USUM, it was always in postgame or grindy to obtain.

Not something i'd ever go out of my way considering stuff like Bite and Shadow Claw are super common
Am I missing it or is there no Trick Room here???
Trick room is there, don't worry, check better

if battle bond really did get changed to a moxie like effect then it's pretty hilarious to see one of the most beloved mons get obliterated like this. basically getting the polar opposite of the treatment that charizard does.

recovery moves are pretty helpful for itemless runs. most people don't play like that but it's a nice option for those who do

Here is the TM list from Kalalokki and the box search.

Notably some classic tutors are now TMs, like the pledges, starter elemental moves, and even Draco Meteor. The list ends at 171 with Tera Blast.
I don’t see Roost anywhere, unless I’m missing it. Really annoying, since so many flying types rely on Roost yet can’t access it anymore. And it’s not like it’s thematically inappropriate, like all mons getting access to toxic.

For that matter, I’m not really seeing any of the moves lost in Gen 8 (that weren’t outright Dexited). As someone who loves to ribbon mons and has to keep resetting everything for the stupid ranked ladder ribbon, this stinks :/

Maybe some will come back as Move Tutor moves? Is there any indication that there are any quantity of move tutors this gen?

And, of course, Signal Beam remains gone, because somebody missed the memo of it being great in-game coverage/filler.

I don’t see Roost anywhere, unless I’m missing it. Really annoying, since so many flying types rely on Roost yet can’t access it anymore. And it’s not like it’s thematically inappropriate, like all mons getting access to toxic.

For that matter, I’m not really seeing any of the moves lost in Gen 8 (that weren’t outright Dexited). As someone who loves to ribbon mons and has to keep resetting everything for the stupid ranked ladder ribbon, this stinks :/

Maybe some will come back as Move Tutor moves? Is there any indication that there are any quantity of move tutors this gen?
Roost lost TM status in Black and White as well.

Considering the standard move tutor moves are in the TM list? No.

Also thank you a ton doipy hooves for posting the screenshots of stuff me and Kalalokki found on Discord, my phone sucks and reposting that all on here would have sucked harder lol.
Since Daschbun got an ability simillar to water compaction but takes no damage, could you check to see if it has been buffed to absorb water damage as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)