SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I find funny how people are assumming that a few random 'mons will go after the version mascots in the Dex, while species that at the moment have a placeholder Pikachu will precede them in the 'dex.

Again, Enamorus was not the last species by index number in Legends, and people were having Kleavor or something like that as the final species by dex number. Cue official numbering and to no surprises, things are numbered by roughly in-game order, with the legend at the end.

Ok, this and all posts like it are fucking bullshit
show me all those african inspired pokemon from gen 6
hell, show me one reference to Portugal at all

but more to the point, pretending that people from different cultures are the same is a shitty thing to do

every other region not named Kalos was given more attention to their particular culture than this
I mean what part of Spain is reflected in Paldea? the Poke-church? yeah "europe has christian churches, news at 11", yeah it's the Sagrada Familia but that's like one of several different spanish landmarks which are frankly more distinctive

what have we been shown that tells us "this is Spain" so far? the food? tertiary activity aside we seen paella and spanish style tortillas, which is appreciated; but fucking quesadillas? might as well have some piaparan while we're are it, same culture and all :blobshrug:

so what else?
so far, well nothing comes to mind

also

after the loving detail given to the japanese colonizers in Legends Arceus and the bizzare mismanagement of the ainu which somethimes made me think I was watching fucking Peter Pan, I know that:
a) when Gamefreak wants, they can do some very detailed research on a particular culture
b) sometimes they go "we don't give a fuck about those people" and do a lazy job
and let me tell you; nothing's more lazy than portraying a buch of different cultures as if they were the same, nothing says more "I don't give shit about this people"

also also

Hispanic people as a whole get treated by richer countries as if their countries and culture where inferior to them specifically because of the influence the spanish had on them; hell Spain itself has a history of being looked down upon by the other colonial powers (cause you know, serfdom is so much worse that enslavement and extermination, oh those brutish spaniards; yeah fuck right off England, France and scandinavians, Spain was awful but there are no words to describe the rest of you shitheads)
so yeah, going "aww they basically all the same"? not appreciated

and ultimately, if the brazilian members of the forum tell us that having their culture mix up with spanish cultue is fucked up, then having their culture mix up with spanish culture is fucked up

this thing?

fucked up

fucked

up

no seriously, how is Portugal represented in this game at all?
Game isnt out to the public yet, and all the leakers are pointing out mons moves and data. Put a pin in this and come back a week or 2 from now before you go on a tirade. Almost every mon had roots in England for SwSh, but thats far from the current focus of people rn.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The fact the specific mention of Ash-Greninja was removed is pretty damning. Things get even more interesting since there's recently been a lot of speculation about Ash finally being retired from the anime. This isn't necessarily a smoking gun (the Ash will leave cope has been going on for so long with zero results that I am incredibly skeptical of claims that it'll happen for real this time), but it certainly doesn't help his case.
If you hate Ash's guts and DO want a smoking gun, however...

What do you mean by "competitive design?
movepools, new abilities (and who gets its) all look like made for a fangame I guess
I've already updated my post, but no, it's not just 4chan speak. Again, this is the thread
:pikuh: go be annoying and mini-modding somewhere else bro

If you hate Ash's guts and DO want a smoking gun, however...
despite it all, ash leaving is one of those "I'll only believe it when i see it". It feels weird to replace him now instead of last gen too

calling any pokemon that looks small and vaguely humanoid loli is the definition of 4channer who calls everything waifu, loli, or the f-slur
I get it and I agree with the general sentiment of most of your posts but dude you seem needlessly angry and hostile about shit that really should be fun. It's stupid but we also knew exactly what he was talking about and to be fair Smogon forums are not very far from /vp/.

It's a straight-up Amy Rose rip. The Dex lore tells us that mon is engineered for memes. It's OK to poke fun at it. And yes, gamers do have something of a tendency to be overgrown children.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I think a lot the things that are broken in singles this gen will be fine in doubles just because double targeting a Pokémon is so valuable in stopping a sweeper.
Id say its the other way around honestly. Sp Atk Intim doesn't sounds too bad in singles but its absolutely metagame defining in VGC in the worst way possible - Intim already largely defined that Physical Attack mons got to see the light of day or not, having the same apply to special is horrible. Not to mention Physical moves tend to have higher BP than Specials too.

Id say its the other way around honestly. Sp Atk Intim doesn't sounds too bad in singles but its absolutely metagame defining in VGC in the worst way possible - Intim already largely defined that Physical Attack mons got to see the light of day or not, having the same apply to special is horrible. Not to mention Physical moves tend to have higher BP than Specials too.
Definitely, though right now the "special intimidate" is limited to a specific "legendary" of which we don't exactly know much.

Even if said legendary is good, it's still a one of. For now at least.
Are TRs returning or is it just this huge TM list?
It's a huge TM list, though since they're one-use craftables, you can basically consider them all TRs.

We are down 30 teachable moves tho. A bit more, since widespread tutors are now TMs, and Armor tutors are also absent. So, a bit over 50 less teachable moves than in SwSh post DLC.

To give more reasons for people to grind raids.
Well that's the thing, you still kinda have to.
They're single-use TMs, so basically TRs, which means you will have to grind raids... or... normal pokemon for what matters.

Not exactly a huge deal to be fair but worth noting that doesn't look like there's any infinite use TM this time, even though you can acquire infinite copies if you invest time.

Vivilon's been found, but no word on other forms yet.
1668102853961860.jpg

Also, Zorua, possibly Zoroark as well, are encountered as different Pokemon in the overworld now. The one below was a Grafaiai.
1668102920625834s.jpg

:pikuh: go be annoying and mini-modding somewhere else bro
Asking you not to make a fuss over the word "loli" despite the fact that everyone in the thread knew which pokemon they were talking about is not being mini-modding, it was a simple request because nobody wants a multiple page argument over something that is not about the Scarlet and Violet leaks.

EDIT: All Terrastal Hats
1668102959062290.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)