NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

I'm just now realizing the Tommy wagon ultimately died completely to 0 votes by dayend... does this mean anything? I never agreed because AG was closer to scummeta in my mind already and Tommy I found more NAI, but the biggest wagon at one point dying completely feels off... maybe look into the people who were on that as well? Probably do that once I finish the AG Postmortem ISO... don't worry I'm pruning it for reads this time
yeah i remember thinking that was kinda weird but i forgot to bring it up

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
given this context AG is first on the zippy wagon, scum!clouds being second on is possible but suspect, then I'm third on here so this is probably scum/town/town, then MC and pulsar jump on back to back to push ahead of AG after which doesnt make any sense in either world where clouds and pulsar are partnered or MC and pulsar are partnered and also doesnt make sense in worlds where clouds and MC are partnered so this suggests that either it is s/s AG clouds and mc/pulsar are both town jumping on a live wagon or zippy was a purely town wagon outside of AG or only MC is scum and pulsar/clouds are both town where MC jumped on zippy to try and save AG
Actually idk why I'm giving clouds a pass this can 100% be s/s/t/t/t/t or s/s/t/s/t/t

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
vote Flyhn

i feel like summaries are better suited to lategame and also id recommend a bit more pruning out the nai posts when you do them just for ease of reading and also workload. that said i dont believe you did those isos of tommy in past games. i like the low postcount high post quality thing you have though but then im also weirded out by how no one is really reading this slot

DAY ONE VOTECOUNT 1.5 - PSY
Aura Guardian (5) - master oden, Duskfall98, skippergamez, master oden, Flyhn
Duskfall98 (2) - skippergamez, Aura Guardian
skippergamez (2) - realiti, ZippyDoo200
Celever (1) - Ehmcee, pulsar512b
realiti (1) - Lady Salamence
Ehmcee (1) - Thunder~BALLZ
master oden (1) - Celever
Flyhn (1) - Psypsypsypsypsythe
If Dusk is scum it would seem strange for them to be cross voting with AG here

Texas Cloverleaf

back & have caught up, grazed a couple pages that seemed more useless

texas's opener was pretty pointed, also didn't feel that agenda'd + things look a bit better than i'd initially thought when grazing thread after i looked at his posts in isolation and how he chose to dive in. i've played 1 game with him where he was mafia, and my memory's hazy wrt his opener there so i'll have to revisit but i remember him being the 1 mafia i incorrectly read that game during the lategame phase

i can see the read on me/aura being s/s as a real read a villager could have, it's not that much of a reach read despite being incorrect. the one reservation i have is just a slight feeling that he might not be as convinced as he seems to be about it, but it's not something where i feel texas is making lemonade without lemons. there are interactions at the start of the game where i was snarky towards aura for my own amusement due to him being the second player to make a pointless gesture towards psy being town, and i can see someone reading that and thinking we'd be partnered

Texas Cloverleaf i am town, so a word of advice here if you're a villa struggling to read me is to not concentrate on reading me based on an interaction or two and see how things flesh out. i'm not a hard alignment read to make, and i have pretty distinct town & mafia games which i can link examples of
This is the post I was looking for, at the time I liked it for how it captured my headspace, now I'm wondering if it wasn't a bit too informed

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
#34 - Shoot Zippy for asking for gun
#40 - Agree with Clouds that pulsar feels off
#41 - Reinforces 34
#48 - Agrees with me not to heroshoot, going to deadline is smart
#284 - Correcting Psy on amount of scum. Say who we're shooting tossed as a strategy. Dusk good, look into Celever
#289 - "Misread Celever stuff" in response to LS saying voting's basically the same as his proposed strategy last post
#370 - Catches up, joins Dusk wagon
#530 - Reads! Celever towny, Ehmcee pocketing gun is excuseable, LS/pulsar feels T/T, Dusk scummy, everyone else filler filler filler
#625 - Idlers probably town
#660 - Wants a Dusk shot, doesn't want idlers shot, shoot people who want gun
#689 - Doubtful there's a mix of active/inactive scum
#692- "At least not signifigant" to above
Gonna leave these here for posterity, pruned only for reads as previously suggested... and going to continue on from here

#1102 - "Me and Tommy unlikely W/W because he doesn't bus"
#1103 - Votes Zippy
#1109 - More denial of W/W with Tommy because he doesn't bus
#1288 - Votes Skipper, for being wishy washy
#1588 - Says he'd shoot Zippy still, wants to look at the next two wagons of MC/Caff
#1655 - Conclusions of his analysis: MC probably town, Caff town but bad reads? "Sticking on Zippy" even though his vote at this time is on skipper... hm
#1693 - Caff > MC is the better shot
#1694 - Doesn't trust the Zippy wagon anymore.. hm...
#1741 - "Mistrust Caff wagon the least"
#1801 - Flashwagon Whydon?
#1814 - Flashwagon TBZ?
#1829 - Votes Whydon
#1862 - Votes Caff
#1869 - Doesn't like MC wagon, will vote to self-pres if needed
#1879 - Votes MC
#1902 - Votes Zippy again
#1939 - Asks to consider Whydon/Zippy/Caff shots

If you disagree with a post I pruned lemme know and I'll cover it... but anything that didn't look like a read or important interaction (and most interactions with Psy since IC) I cut. This is why I was doing full ISOs before but MAN would that just clog the thread with how long this shit is

So the big takeaway is that at the very end Whydon/Zippy/Caff were the three AG FoS'd most.... there's probably a bus hiding in there somewhere, but I wouldn't know where. Whydon's been inactive so not much to go off of. That said, he also claimed skeptical of the Zippy wagon... his entire treatment of Zippy is just so weird towards day end here. Or maybe that's the trap and it's Whydon or Caff? I'll need to look at Caff as well when I'm less fatigued... and MC since AG was also sorta defending him. Hell even Celever given their interactions earlier in the day and how quickly AG seemed to turn around on him

Or maybe I'm reading too deep again and he was just spewing random BS... but I believe truly random BS is impossible. Scum always subconsciously know who their partners are, after all

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Like... he votes Zippy first for the "give me the gun" shit, switches to skipper but seems to forget he did that later? All to ultimately come away still claiming to SR Zippy by day end... and I'm not sure I understand the townspew argument either there. Iirc "Give me the gun" being scummy is something AG pushed in Popcorn 2 as town as well. He may have just been playing to that

Texas Cloverleaf

VOTECOUNT 1.9 - PSY
ZippyDoo200 (6) - Aura Guardian, Clouds, Texas Cloverleaf, Ehmcee, pulsar512b, Psypsypsypsypsythe
Aura Guardian (4) - Flyhn, Lady Salamence, skippergamez
CaffeineBoost (2) - Duskfall98, master oden
Ehmcee (2) - Thunder~BALLZ, realiti
skippergamez (1) - ZippyDoo200
master oden (1) - Celever
Flyhn among the other things you're saying this spews zippy town imo

Texas Cloverleaf

So the line of thinking of 1-2 additional scum in the Zippy wagon then? How quickly it gained traction... Zippy was the scum push to save AG is the theory then?
I started the zippy wagon when I thought they were pocketing AG, AG and Clouds came on some time later, right now I'm thinking one or both of clouds and MC are scum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)