Offensive OU Team

I have made RMT threads before on Serebii, but the comments weren't exactly helpful. So far, all teams I have constructed were pretty basic. A blissey/skarm for walls, and a random assortment of sweepers. This team will be different, as I am leaving out the walls (except for one who's purpose isn't mainly walling) and filling it in with a variety of attackers who's resistances and immunities cover each other well. This team is being tested on shoddy, and has proved effective. I am planning on breeding it in the near future, after I get help with working out the kinks.

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Spd
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Whirlwind

My lead pokemon who's sole purpose is to lay down spikes and stealth rocks. I was experimenting with Roserade recently, but I see too many of them as leads now and they were too fragile for my liking. He doesn't fair too well against most leads like taunt gyarados, infernape, and azelf for example, but I have other pokemon to deal with them.

I was considering giving him brave bird, as I just don't like having an attackless pokemon, but I am not sure where to put it, over whirlwind or roost. (I don't have anyone else for stealth rocks)

Salamence@Life Orb
Rash
4 HP/252 Spa/ 252 Spd
-Brick Break
-Draco Meteor
-Hydro Pump
-Flame Thrower

Basic Mix-Mence. I used him as spec mence before, but I didn't like being locked into an attack with specs, and having blissey comming in and ruining my fun. Hydro Pump hasn't been all too useful for me actually. Misses on heatran switch-ins, just too much pain with it. If anyone has a better idea on that slot, please tell me.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Timid
4 Hp/ 252 Spa/ 252 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunder Bolt
-Hidden Power Ice

Best Revenge killer I could find. I needed something to help me deal with DDed Gyarados, Dragons, and Garchomp (My #1 threat). Having levitate really helps me with my nasty EQ and fighting Weakness. The problem I have with this is that Weaviles and T tars running pursuit screw me over if I am locked into an attack that is not focus blast. For that reason, usually on the first turn of his attack I like to use Focus Blast just for insurance.

Lucario@Life Orb
Adamant
4 Hp/252 Att/ 252 Speed
-Sword Dance
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch
-Extremespeed

Standard set. Ever since I have had a DP team, this Lucario has been on it. I feel good knowing that someone on my team has a priority move capable of sweeping late game and picking off those weakened pokemon. Spikes and Stealth Rock support helps him a lot, as it means some more fragile sweepers will be in the death range of his priority moves. He is non-replaceable.

Heatran@Life Orb
Naive
4 HP/252 Spa/ 252 Spd
-Explosion
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power

I am not sure about the substitute slot. I feel that I can have something better in that slot, hp ice mabey that doesn't allow for dragons to get their set up for free. Anyways, heatran works with skarmory. With all of those roserades in the lead, they often start off with Hp fire against skarm. I switch into heatran for the boost. Often times they won't risk the miss rate of sleep powder, or take the chance that I am scarfed, and they themselves switch into their heatrans to absorb a fire boost too. Knowing from experience, almost every team that uses a roserade nowadays, also has a heatran, I use earth power. Works about 80% of the time :)

Although he has his uses, I am thinking of replacing him, seeing as I have a nasty earth quake weak, and he doesn't help to remedy it.

Tyranitar@Life Orb
Jolly
4 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Earth Quake
-Crunch

I love my Tyranitar :), although I don't usually send him out early game. (I am fearful of that 20% miss rate on garchomps, as it has screwed me over on many occassions) Pretty standard DD T tar. I am thinking of removing Taunt for something that will help me with type coverage. Stone Edge comes to mind, but I am debating on its effectiveness vs. other moves like Ice Beam to get rid of gliscors.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

lucario + heatran + tyranitar = triple ground weakness + triple fighting weakness. take one of them out.

you don't need substitute on heatran, especially not with life orb. take that move out for dark pulse/dragon pulse/HP [ice]

Okay. Yea, that tripplet gets screwed over late game if I don't have someone set up for sweeping. Most likely I am going to remove Heatran. I don't like losing the ability to manipulate the weather, so I am keeping T tar. Heatran was really only there to take care of blisseys, and absorb fire. Anyone suggest a replacement?

Gyarados gives you another Intimidated AND a Ground immunity AND a Fighting resist AND another sweeper AND something with a lot of resistence AND still resists Fire.

the weaknesses can be a major problem. T-tar could go out for a Starmie. You also need a Special Wall. blissey would suit greatly.

Nice team.

Thanks. I'll test out Gyara a bit and see how well he fits in. I was hoping for something with a little bit of immediate punch, as I switch out a lot (unless Lucario/T tar is set up, as they usually get 3-4 kills after a SD/DD assuming their wall is dead), but I'll test one of those.

I have tried Starmie recently. Works well, and helps with the rapid spin set, but I already have 1 pokemon going down immediately to pursuits, and I don't like losing another to pursuit that same match. Starmie basically covers what gengar covers, but I'll give it another shot.

I have used blissey, but I really have no need for walls. Skarm just stays in lead, and dies as my first pokemon out. Gets all of my spikes and rocks set up. Whever I see a blissey, if it is a T-wave, free set up for T tar, if not, I'll set up a lucario. I've used blissey on every team before this, but I don't like giving others free set ups. Most special threats blissey comes in are special threats that have low def, I can often switch into a not-very effective attack and threaten them off. Blissey is a no more for me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)