Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament - FINALS

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I know someone here on Smogon does videos for brawl so I was wondering what the participants opinions were on allowing that person to join your matches, suicide and record the rest of the match and posting it on YouTube for the rest of us to enjoy.

If I could get feedback from you three and anyone who has recording equipment that would be great, and if anyone with the proper recording equipment could PM me.

Welcome to the first Smogon Brawl Tournament FINALS!!

Now for this tournament communication is key. I urge all of you to either download AIM/YIM/MSN so you can have a real time chat with your opponents. Alternatively I have set up a chat room for getting into contact with your opponents and even other Smash players, check out the IRC tutorial here. Instead of joining #Smogon, join #Smash (although #Smogon is full of cool people!!)

Additionally when you finally do begin to Brawl, I urge you to do a lag test, make sure you and your opponent are in agreement so there is no fighting over who though the match was real, etc. Choose characters you won't use and do a simple 2 minute match to see what kind of lag you will be experiencing. If the lag is nonexistant or bearable then have your matches, if it is terrible with too much slow down too often, reschedule for another time. Remember this is just a suggestion and you don't have to do this unless you feel you should.

Now on to the rules:

Best 2 out of 3, which means whoever wins twice will be declared the victor.

BOTH participants need to have these rules set in:
4 Stock for this round
Items set to medium with the following items set to OFF:
Assist Trophy
Deku Nut
Dragoon
Golden Hammer
Hammer
Heart
HomeRun Bat
Lightning
Maxim Tomato
Pokeball
Starman
Super Mushroom
Poison Mushroom
Timer
Bumper
Super Spicy Curry
Bomb Omb
Stage selection will be as follows, first game will be a random choice, second game the loser of the first game selects the stage, and if it goes to a third match it will return to random. So like this:
First game: Both players select random
Second game: Both players select the stage the loser of the first game wants
Third game: Both players select random

The following stages are banned:
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Spear Pillar
WarioWare
New Pork City
75m
Mario Bros
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
Distant Planet
Pictochat
The match-ups:
Sam388 vs Yoshi King
Yoshi King vs HotGarbage
HotGarbage vs Sam388

No deadline but if you guys don't finish in about a week I will be hunting you down.

The next tournament will be 2vs2 with no items so be prepared and have your teams ready, it will start shortly after this tournament is done (give or take a week) because I want to reassess some stage bannings and certain rules. This tournament was a learning experience for me and expect tournaments to run even smoother from here on out. I would also like to thank all the participants for doing their battles on time and before the deadlines, you all proved to me you can handle one week deadlines making more tournaments possible. Maybe even with some prizes for the more serious tournaments!

Team tourney is next? YAY :D
It's a shame I missed joining this one by a little bit
I would of wrecked!!!

Good luck with 1st place, Yoshi King!

Ah... I was hoping Kira would make the finals :(

As for the next tournement, if we have a real life friend who doesn't have a smogon account, can we have them be our teammate?

My predictions were almost spot on. I think Sam will take it however. He appears to be the dark horse in this event and could easily show everyone else up. I already have my partner for the next tourney, so good luck to everyone in the final round!

About the next tournament, try not to talk about it. Zerowing will let you know the answers to any of your questions when we get that set up. Now is the final round!

Yoshi King has the skills for it. Sam was using Ike and wasn't impressive with him either. I want my old melee main to win!

Prizes? :]]]]]]

Regardless, great job to everyone for making it so far!

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd be disappointed if Yoshi didn't win, but sam seems like he knows his stuff. GL Hotgarbage!

Good luck to everyone, though!

I won't predict anymore since the 3 of them are really worthy finalist, Sam break all my predictions xD. So i will just say i want Yoshi King to win this. Good luck everyone.

Mhmm 2v2 tournament, delicious. I think Maku and I wish to sweep this tournament in two quick and easy steps per tier! I hope you guys bring some good team comps into the mix, it can't be too easy /heh

As for the current tournament, I'm not quite sure who will win this, all the contestants seem as if they could take the crown. Good luck to you guys.

Welllllll, Yoshi King routinely beats me in the 1 vs. 1 matches we've played, but with these crazy stages, items, and final smashes anything can happen! :happybrain:
(thooooooough I'm probably gonna lose lol).

Ah... I was hoping Kira would make the finals :(

As for the next tournament, if we have a real life friend who doesn't have a smogon account, can we have them be our teammate?
That's a very good question. I know that gamebattles doesn't allow it because it gives the two playing on the same console a "communication advantage." But would it really matter if the others are using skype or something ?___?

Anyways, I'll get in contact with you two so we can figure out some good times. Also I was thinking of writing a kind of "warstory" of our matches to make this more entertaining for those reading. Is that cool with you guys? Good luck to both of you!

I've never played Sam388, and both Yoshi King and HotGarbage are excellent players. But I honestly believe Yoshi King will take it.

I wonder how far I would have gotten if I had entered?

I assume that a 3 minute FFA will decide.
Probably not... Wouldn't that be a little unfair to let's say... a pit, Dkong, MK, user? If you dont get my point already those are all characters that are great at comboing, but lack kill power (or so people say)...

It will hopefully be stock

Rooting for YoshiKing!

HOTGARBAGE! SAM! EVERYONE! LET THE FIRE WITHIN YOUR SOUL SEAR YOUR FOES TO ASHES. LET YOUR CRIES REACH THE HEAVENS, SO THAT YOU MAY HAVE THE POWER OF A GOD. LET YOUR PASSION FOR VICTORY BURN THROUGHOUT YOUR SOUL, AND TO VICTORY ITSELF.

GO OUT THERE, AND FIGHT!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I won't miss the next one.

I'm looking for a partner, I'll either be Ganondorf or G&W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)