Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament - FINALS

HOTGARBAGE! SAM! EVERYONE! LET THE FIRE WITHIN YOUR SOUL SEAR YOUR FOES TO ASHES. LET YOUR CRIES REACH THE HEAVENS, SO THAT YOU MAY HAVE THE POWER OF A GOD. LET YOUR PASSION FOR VICTORY BURN THROUGHOUT YOUR SOUL, AND TO VICTORY ITSELF.

GO OUT THERE, AND FIGHT!

That's 'cause he's gonna show no fucking mercy buddy

also heh I'm lucky this isn't a mafia game or else I'd be lynched by this bandwagoning e_e;

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
To everyone wondering what would happen if everyone ties, I'm not sure yet, let just hope that doesn't happen, lol.

I know someone here on Smogon does videos for brawl so I was wondering what the participants opinions were on allowing that person to join your matches, suicide and record the rest of the match and posting it on YouTube for the rest of us to enjoy.

If I could get feedback from you three and anyone who has recording equipment that would be great, and if anyone with the proper recording equipment could PM me.

Zerowing, Mr Escalator has recording technology, and good recording quality at that. I actually fully support the idea of having our matches recorded, that's an excellent idea!

Here's an example of his recordings: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eVRe9SgVk5c

You should definitely get in contact with him, as none of us have done our matches yet. I know he'd be up for it, as well.

It's really dependent on whether the 3rd person would add any significant lag or not. If we can get past that I wouldn't mind. But I really don't want to lag. :(

Hey all.
I've pm'd Zerowing, and I'm hoping i'll be lucky enough to be able to record the final matches of the tourney.

About lag...

From facing Yoshiking, and Tpup battling Sam, I've had feedback that our lag was onesided. This means that you two get little lag against us? I would assume that I wouldn't make too much of a impact, especially if i'm not inputting any commands. We can also make lag tests between you two alone, and then me added in.

I don't remember playing HG :P

Edit: I forgot to mention to zerowing in the PM, and mention it in the post, but I'm pretty active on seeing what people have to say on Smogon. I also have access to my wii anytime of the day, and I'm on vacation this week. Completely free and able to reply to PM's rather soon. Thats why Tpup sometimes direct people to me when he isn't here. So I'm certainly available!

:D

makiri

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah the problem is the lag, I'd like HotGarbage's input before I tell you guys to go through with it. Lag tests will become a major part of determining if we do in fact go through with this, like Mr Escalator said, lag tests with the two participants, then with the recorder, if there is a major difference or the participants can't handle the lag then we will obviously not be able to record the finals. I would like recordings of the finals of each tournament as a database of winners and just because interest in the final matches is usually quite high.

thisisyoshiiiiiiii.jpeg
XD Nice.

Anyways that video idea sounds great. Is there anyone else that can record in case the lag is too bad with Mr Escalator?

EDIT: oh yea, I'm available pretty much anytime like you are Mr Escalator, so it's really what works best with Yoshi King and Sam. YK said that the best times for him were on Thursday and Friday. Sam is available all day next Sunday and night/late night during the weekdays.

makiri

Alright feel free find a time that works for person a vs person b and Mr Escalator, not every match needs to be done at the same time. If the matches aren't laggy then I want person a and person b to put their controllers down and wait for Mr Escalator to suicide his 4 stock and as soon as you see the flash of his suicide you can begin the match.

Mr Escalator: if you could PM me after you have the recording of each match that would be great, I have a few things I want you to do before you upload the videos. Thanks again for helping out with this.

What should we do with any items that drop while he's suiciding? Lol, and what if a smashball appears during that time? I guess Mr Esc would get it and suicide... Btw you should probably be Sonic Mr Esc to make that go as fast as possible :P. And thanks for doing this :]

makiri

You guys can either throw them off the stage or choose to ignore them until about 30 seconds into the game, and yes Sonic would be a good choice.

Depending on the stage, it should take roughly 2 seconds per stock with Sonic to suicide, so roughly 10-15 seconds total. I'd say if a smash ball appears within that time, Mr. Es should get it (otherwise it will roam around and unbalance things etc.) and any items that appear otherwise can just be used as soon as the last stock is gone.

Hmmmmmmm..... personally I'd rather items be thrown off the stage. If a ray gun spawns next to one player and nothing next to the other player the match starts off imbalanced. (of course anything that spawns after the 4th stock is game)

Okay, I see nothing wrong with that. Actually, now that I think about it, not throwing items off before things get going probably would unbalance things. I'm with HotGarbage:

1-Mr Escalator suicides 4 times, if a Smash Ball appears during these suicides he grabs it.
2-If an item appears, Mr Es ignores it, one of the opponents will grab it and return to their corner, throwing it off of the stage.
3-Once Mr Es has suicided completely, and the items have been cleared, I say we just start as soon as he's gone/the items are off of the field since our position won't really matter (since none of our characters are really camping types, I think this should be okay, since any projectiles used by HG and I would be for mindgames anyways).

Sound fair to everyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)