Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each +1 is an additional %50 of the original stat i think
Well someone posted first, so this is confirmation then.

I was playing on Shoddy and i used Outrage and the opponent put me to sleep. I thought i could have switched out due to being asleep, but when i tried it said that Garchomp was on a rampage. Should i have been able to switch or is this just what happens?

Alright, I'm not a huge competitive battler (I've actually only battled other people maybe 3 times), so I can't speak from that perspective. Therefore, I'm hoping that you guys can explain why, for a Blissey, Natural Cure is the better option over Serene Grace. I have never seen a Blissey moveset other than my own that utilized Serene Grace. Blissey is one of, what, three Pokemon that can learn Aromatherapy? Why not use that instead? That way you don't have to switch out.

Maybe it's because I just prefer to use my Blissey as a PP-waster. Defense Curl until my defense is equal to roughly 400+, use some Thunder for 60% paralysis chance, Softboiled every 5-10 turns as needed, and Aromatherapy if they poison me. With every move at max PP, I can last for... 70-80 turns, just letting everyone I haven't killed with Thunder use their PP on me. This is why I use Serene Grace instead of Natural Cure. I'd have to switch out to use it, which would negate any Defense Curling I've done.

What happens when you switch Bliss in, opponent switches in Infernape while you defense curl? Close Combat will still deal 65-80%, and you only have a 70% chance to even hit with Thunder, or 42% chance to paralyze. Also, critical hits go through Defense boosts, so it's not really too reliable a strategy to just waste PP with.

Because, in the Metagame, you'll always end up switching out your Pokemon. Always. Because of counters. Since that happens so often, Natural Cure is amazing.

Most people don't run defense curl blissey because they prefer the extra moveslot for attacks or seismic toss. Besides, it's easier to switch to a Gengar when your opponent brings in a Machamp than stay in and hope it doesn't kill you. For most Blissey users, absorbing status and getting rid of it on the way out is extremely helpful. For CM Bliss, Serene Grace is better for the higher chance of status. It really depends on the moveset whether one ability is better.

Btw if you are going to use a wall as a PP waster, try Suicune. With Pressure, Resttalk, and Calm Mind, your opponent will be out of pp by the time you have six CM's, and it's game over for them.

Also, critical hits go through Defense boosts, so it's not really too reliable a strategy to just waste PP with.
Oh, wow. That's news to me. That seriously re-writes quite a few strategies. D:

But thanks to all; it all makes more sense to me now. Guess I'll be re-working my team. :P

Has anyone ever taken apart the RNG on d/p? It seems to me that it passes on higher number a little more frequently than lower numbers, and it also seems to pass on 4 stats from the parents on a somewhat regular basis...Am I just imagining things, or can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone ever taken apart the RNG on d/p? It seems to me that it passes on higher number a little more frequently than lower numbers, and it also seems to pass on 4 stats from the parents on a somewhat regular basis...Am I just imagining things, or can anyone confirm this?
I have wondered this as well... I tried breeding in Pearl before Emerald, and either Murphey really hates me today or it was easier to do this in Pearl. xP

Can you keep the moves that Smeargle sketches through link battles?

I wonder this because it seems hard to get certain moves with him such as bellydrum.

Anyone know where or could someone tell me the possible IV combinations to find out w/out an IV calculator what type and power of Hidden Power is? Such as odd, odd, even, odd, even,even:)

Which wigglytuff has an overall better set in general?

Wish/Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock/ Seismic Toss
Ice Beam/ Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)