My first RMT, technically: Sandstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, *gulp* here goes nothing...

A Foreword: My apologies if I seem to be a bit...erm, 'out of place' in any of my actions. This doesn't give me any excuse to SPAM, but at least alerts you all that I am not meaning to break and rules or wreak any havok.

This seemed like the best forum for me to seek assistance on creating Pokemon Teams for various Tiers. My first Team will be OU (Standard), and will be based off of a Sandstorm theme.

Now, I realize that I'm having a bit of trouble picking and choosing for my team, hence why might have I listed more than six. I was hoping someone would be willing to help me tweak it?

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Quiet (Sandstream)
254 HP / 64 Atk / 168 SpA / 24 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Crunch
~ Ice Beam

Lead-off to activate Sand Storm. Possible surprise factor with the choice of a Tyraniboah Moveset; as Tyranitar will most likely draw out a bulky Ground-type to counter, I'll just smack them with an Ice Beam.

Garchomp @Choice Scarf
Adamant (Sand Veil)
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ Stone Edge
~ Fire Blast

Choice Scarf moveset that takes advantage of its boosted evasiveness to allow more possible opportunities to switch in, or do you think I should use the Brightpowder moveset?

Starmie @Leftovers
172 HP / 120 SpAtk / 218 Spd
Timid (Natural Cure)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Surf
~ Rapid Spin
~ Recover

Bulky Starmie to help against counters.

Gliscor @Leftovers
Impish (Sand Veil)
252 HP / 186 DEF / 74 Spd
~ Earthquake
~ Aerial Ace
~ Stealth Rock
~ Roost

Stealth Rock support.

Lucario @Salac Berry
Adamant (Inner Focus)
252 Spd / 252 Atk / 6 Def
~ Endure
~ Reversal
~ Swords Dance
~ Crunch

For late-game sweeping.

And as for the fourth slot, do you think a Baton Pass Scizor would do, or should I go with a Hippowdon?

My apologies if this seems a bit...weak, but...I'm very VERY new to competetive battling, as I've just discovered. ^^;;

May I have some help and rating of this team, please?

2. Do not post incomplete teams. If you're smart enough to pick five Pokemon, you can easily pick another one.
Well, before your topic is locked (if it will be, unless you edit your post first), you might want to consider Vaporeon as somewhat of a threat. I understand that Starmie packs Thunderbolt and can Recover little damage that Vaporeon can do, even if Vaporeon packs Hidden Power Electric. I put BoltBeam on my Starmie, but I guess T-Bolt/Surf is what a lot of people opt to use, and I also put Dark Pulse over Crunch on Boah. Additionally, you might want to include Pokmon other than Starmie and Lucario that resist Ice, because the Ice-Water Combo kind of floods your team with unauspicious fainting, with the exception of Starmie. Then again, all but Starmie get killed by Mamoswine, so I really suggest a bulky water that can deal some damage. Ludicolo has a reasonable Special Defense, takes neutral damage from Ice Beam, is 4 times resistant to Water, and resists Ground, but I cannot find a way that it could fit on your team with the Sandstorm rolling. Abomasnow has the power to hit all of your Pokemon with super effective damage on switches, and ruins your Sandstorm with Hail (and can ruin Lucario's Endure). Then again, Abomasnow has been relegated to the BL section of tiers and lacks the speed to outpace Scarved Garchomp and some others. But a good predicting Abomasnow still has the potential to be a threat to the team.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Consider yourself lucky, as you have recieved some help even though you broke two rules. Here they are:

2. Do not post incomplete teams. If you're smart enough to pick five Pokemon, you can easily pick another one. If you're smart enough to pick nine, you can easily cut that down to six. Make sure to include natures, EV spreads and items. If you are confident with your EV spreads and natures, then you need not post them. If you're unsure of your selections, make a note of this or simply add a question mark after them so team raters can help you focus on perceived problems first.
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you're having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
You're more than welcome to repost the team once the post abides by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)