Rate My Team... with a Life Orbing Blissey.

Yes that's right... my team has a Blissey that uses Life Orb. And I have not tried it out yet, which is why I'm posting an RMT xD

STARTER

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid - Levitate
252 SpAtk/252 Spd/6 HP
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power Ice
~Focus Blast

Focus Sash pretty much ensures that I can get one Pokemon on the other team down. Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice hit most everything for super effective damage, except for Shedinja and Magnezone. That's why I have Focus Blast and Shadow Ball. :P

SPECIAL SWEEPER

Espeon @ Choice Scarf
Timid - Synchronize
252 SpAtk/252 Spd/6 HP
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Grass Knot
~Hidden Power Ice

Psychic is my main attack, and it hits almost EVERYTHING for neutral. Seriously, Choice Scarfing Espeon outspeeds almost everything except for other Scarfing Espeons, Scarfing Gengars, Scarfing Gengars, Scarfing Aerodactyls. When properly set up, and when I have a knowlegdge of my opponent's Pokemon, Espeon can sweep. Grass Knot OHKO's Swampert, Hidden Power Ice hits dragons, ESPECIALLY Garchomp and Salamence. Shadow Ball hits Cresselia and Gengar hard.

PHYSICAL SWEEPER

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Adamant - Snow Cloak
252 Atk/252 Def/6 HP
~Ice Shard
~Ice Fang
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake

I cannot express how much Mamoswine can sweep in battles. Ice Shard absolutely rapes things when you include Choice Band AND Max Attack. Ice Fang is for when I think I need a more powerful attack. Stone Edge is for Gyarados and any other fliers I can't take down with Ice Shard/Fang. Earthquake is for Lucario and his cronies. xD

PHYSICAL WALL

Weezing @ Leftovers
Bold - Levitate
252 HP/252 Def/6 SpAtk
~Sludge Bomb
~Thunderbolt
~Pain Split
~Will-O-Wisp

Will-O-Wisp really cripples physical attackers, ESPECIALLY Garchomp. Sludge Bomb is just somewhat a 4th move... Thunderbolt hits Gyarados hard, and Pain Split is there to heal.

MIXER/EXPLODER

Azelf @ Life Orb
Lonely - Levitate
252 SpAtk/220 Spd/36 Atk
~Psychic
~Flamethrower
~Thunderbolt
~Explosion

Psychic is my main attack here, hitting most things hard with Life Orb. Flamethrower hits Magnezone, Shedinja, and Skarmory hard. Thunderbolt hits most things for neutral at least... and Explosion is for Blissey when I'm finished sweeping. :P

SPECIAL WALL/LIFE ORBER #2

Blissey @ Life Orb (lol)
Modest - Natural Cure
252 SpAtk/252 Def/6 HP
~Fire Blast
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Softboiled

I haven't even USED this Blissey, and I can already tell that it will catch MANY MANY people off guard. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam get Boltbeam combination, which again is only resisted by Magnezone and Shedinja. Fire Blast takes care of that. Because of Life Orb's damage, Softboiled is required for sufficient sweeping. Seriously, this set looks good on paper, and I can almost guarantee that it will look good in battles.

Thank you guys very much for reading my RMT, and please rate! You don't have to be nice, lol, I consider it constructive criticism. Thank you again!

Also, thanks to Smogon for the pictures. :P

The idea of a Life Orb Blissey just boggles my mind. I am going to predict that it will be doing less damage than it loses, against something like Swampert. Oh and how ironic, you don't have anything Pokémon on your team that has a Grass Attack to deal with Swampert! A mixed one can easily get rid of Weezing too.

You have three Pokémon weak to Dark / Ghost, and none of them are bulky (well, Espeon has some Special Defense). But this means that something with Shadow Sneak or Pursuit can get through half your team pretty easily, and surprisingly, you have nothing that resist Dark.

Furthermore, Gengar is your only Pokémon that is able to deal super effective damage against Cresselia, who can Psychic him and Weezing, as well as take a few hits from Mamoswine, hitting back with Grass Knot.

Scarftran can go pretty far against your team, but I don't really see Explosion or Taunt on Scarftrans anymore. Then again, I don't play much, so I'm not supposed to know those things.

except for Shedinja and Magnezone.
Don't forget about Lanturn.

Please. Don't even think about Life Orb Blissey. Did you forget that Blissey has 75 base Special Attack and 55 Base Speed? Blissey is meant to be a special wall/supporter, and a good one at that. The second you decide to try and sweep with it, you are pretty much running an inferior Togekiss. The only Blissey that can claim to sweep is CM Bliss, and that's only lategame.

Since you claimed you haven't tried it, then how do you know it works? The only benefit I can see is OHKOing Garchomp (with Ice Beam), who may switch in. However, the most common Yache versions still beat Blissey. The bottom line is that Blissey doesn't have the offenses to blow holes in your opponents walls with unSTABed attacks, even if it is super-effective. The extra damage on Blissey only makes it that much easier for an opponent to OHKO Blissey.

That being said, if you want a more offensive Blissey, CM/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Softboiled is what you want to use. Item should be Leftovers- the EV's should be something like 252 Def/108 Hp/148 Sp. Atk. Fire Blast, which you said was for Magnezone, is obsolete because Magnezone is not staying in on Blissey unless it intends on Exploding, in which case your Blissey will be dead.

Replace Espeon with your Azelf. Azelf can run a similar Scarf set with Psychic/Fire Blast/Hp Fighting/U-Turn but reaches a higher speed. Espeon isn't doing anything special with that set-heck, it's even outclassed by Alakazam at that, and that's sad. Alternatively, you could run a standard NP Set and Scarf your Gengar to help with revenge killing Deoxys-S.

Now in the empty slot where Espeon was, you can use a bulky Heatran to complement Mamoswine, absorb status, and counter other Azelf/Gengars all in one Pokemon. Heatran also makes for a good Dragon Resist- one that is devoid from your team.

Use Gliscor over Weezing to help counter Garchomp and Tyranitar better. Gliscor does a marginally better job of countering Lucario and Heracross as well, the second of which your moveset does not allow Weezing to counter. EQ/Ice Fang/Roost/SR is probably ideal for Gliscor.

Tbh it would be best if you stopped the idea of having a team with designated slots. A team that works together off of resistances is much more effective than a team of assorted sweepers and walls that don't appear to do much for each other. The fact that Azelf, Gengar, and Espeon are all walled by Heatran is an example of how they don't work well together. Instead, an assortment of physical and special sweepers that complement each other (ie Mixtar and SD Luke) are optimal.

The idea of a Life Orb Blissey just boggles my mind. I am going to predict that it will be doing less damage than it loses, against something like Swampert. Oh and how ironic, you don't have anything Pokémon on your team that has a Grass Attack to deal with Swampert! A mixed one can easily get rid of Weezing too.

Did you even look at Espeon at all? Espeon has Grass Knot, which could EASILY OHKO any Swampert.

You have three Pokémon weak to Dark / Ghost, and none of them are bulky (well, Espeon has some Special Defense). But this means that something with Shadow Sneak or Pursuit can get through half your team pretty easily, and surprisingly, you have nothing that resist Dark.

Meh, somewhat. I'll try to fix that.

Furthermore, Gengar is your only Pokémon that is able to deal super effective damage against Cresselia, who can Psychic him and Weezing, as well as take a few hits from Mamoswine, hitting back with Grass Knot.

Excuse me? Again, look at Espeon! Espeon knows Shadow Ball, which can easily put a huge dent in Cresselia.

Scarftran can go pretty far against your team, but I don't really see Explosion or Taunt on Scarftrans anymore. Then again, I don't play much, so I'm not supposed to know those things.

Even if I keep Life Orbing Blissey, and don't change it to a standard special wall, it can still take a Special hit like a beast. So unless the Heatran uses Explosion right off the bat on Blissey, it can takes hit from Heatran all day long.

Don't forget about Lanturn.

Ah. True.

Please. Don't even think about Life Orb Blissey. Did you forget that Blissey has 75 base Special Attack and 55 Base Speed? Blissey is meant to be a special wall/supporter, and a good one at that. The second you decide to try and sweep with it, you are pretty much running an inferior Togekiss. The only Blissey that can claim to sweep is CM Bliss, and that's only lategame.

That's true, but still, when people don't expect this, they can get major holes put in their team. You should try out a Life Orbing Blissey, and see how well it works. However, Calm Mind Blissey can easily sweep, but Skarmory also ruins that.

Since you claimed you haven't tried it, then how do you know it works? The only benefit I can see is OHKOing Garchomp (with Ice Beam), who may switch in. However, the most common Yache versions still beat Blissey. The bottom line is that Blissey doesn't have the offenses to blow holes in your opponents walls with unSTABed attacks, even if it is super-effective. The extra damage on Blissey only makes it that much easier for an opponent to OHKO Blissey.

I did post this before I battled someone with a Life Orb Blissey, and the Blissey did decent damage. It took down a Garchomp, but that was about it. I agree with the extra damage on Blissey, but this can take down many many sweepers.

That being said, if you want a more offensive Blissey, CM/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Softboiled is what you want to use. Item should be Leftovers- the EV's should be something like 252 Def/108 Hp/148 Sp. Atk. Fire Blast, which you said was for Magnezone, is obsolete because Magnezone is not staying in on Blissey unless it intends on Exploding, in which case your Blissey will be dead.

I could try out a Calm Mind Blissey, but again, Skarmory completely ruins that. Now that I think about it, Blissey is meant to spread status around the team, not sweep.

Replace Espeon with your Azelf. Azelf can run a similar Scarf set with Psychic/Fire Blast/Hp Fighting/U-Turn but reaches a higher speed. Espeon isn't doing anything special with that set-heck, it's even outclassed by Alakazam at that, and that's sad. Alternatively, you could run a standard NP Set and Scarf your Gengar to help with revenge killing Deoxys-S.

It may just be a matter of opinion, but I don't think I'll be replacing Espeon any time soon. I have had too many battles where Espeon has swept.I do know that Azelf can sweep, but it just has never worked for me. I may consider replacing Azelf for something else, but I'm still not 100% sure.

Now in the empty slot where Espeon was, you can use a bulky Heatran to complement Mamoswine, absorb status, and counter other Azelf/Gengars all in one Pokemon. Heatran also makes for a good Dragon Resist- one that is devoid from your team.

I have never tried Bulky Heatran, but I don't get how it compliments Heatran. Both are weak to fighting, and that doesn't compliment each other very well. I may consider putting in something like... Machamp? RestTalker set may work well.

Use Gliscor over Weezing to help counter Garchomp and Tyranitar better. Gliscor does a marginally better job of countering Lucario and Heracross as well, the second of which your moveset does not allow Weezing to counter. EQ/Ice Fang/Roost/SR is probably ideal for Gliscor.

I do know that Gliscor is the #1 Heracross counter in the game, but a Tyraniboah could easily counter that. I may consider that, but I'm still not sure.

Tbh it would be best if you stopped the idea of having a team with designated slots. A team that works together off of resistances is much more effective than a team of assorted sweepers and walls that don't appear to do much for each other. The fact that Azelf, Gengar, and Espeon are all walled by Heatran is an example of how they don't work well together. Instead, an assortment of physical and special sweepers that complement each other (ie Mixtar and SD Luke) are optimal.

I don't get how Gengar, Azelf, and Espeon are walled by Heatran. Since Gengar is my starter, it has Focus Sash, which obviously allows it to take at least one hit from Scarftran. If, in fact, the Heatran is Scarfing, that means
A) It will be faster than me, and use something like Flamethrower, which will activate my Focus Sash, allowing me to respond with a Focus Blast.
B) It cannot be Focus Sashing, because it is Choice Scarfing, therefore meaning that a Focus Blast will easily OHKO.

True, Azelf and Espeon are walled, but they won't be staying in on Heatran for long.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Please tell me how Skarmory will ruin a Blissey with CM and Thunderbolt. According to my calculations you got a 68.75% chance of OHKO a Skarmory, anticipating you have a CM. Considering you'd run Fire Blast (which you should, as it will prevent Metagross, Lucario and Heracross from switching in) you will OHKO Skarmory everytime. You'll 2HKO everytime even without a CM.

Calm Mind Blissey is a great counter to Jirachi, Crocune and Raikou, and even through it got the potential to sweep that isn't its selling point. You are pretty Suicune weak, so I believe CM Bliss is worth a try.

Maybe instead of arguing with everyone who posts advice for you, you should consider using their suggestions.

Espeon is a crap special sweeper. Alakazam does it better with higher speed and special attack stats, while retaining a similar movepool. Azelf is a little faster than Espeon and has an infinitely better movepool. If you absolutely insist on keeping a Psychic pokemon in this slot use Alakazam or Azelf. Lonely is a terrible nature for Azelf. Hasty, Timid or Naive is preferred.

On your Gengar lead I would put Hypnosis on it somewhere. Being able to incapacitate random threats is very useful, and you might be able to get a kill with your sash intact if you are lucky. Putting a Scarf on it is also an option so you can revenge kill more sweepers, including Deoxys-E. This will limit it's versatility however. BTW, Focus Blast does not OHKO Heatran, ever. Just thought I would throw that out there.

You don't need two Psychic sweepers. Use Alakazam or Azelf in Espy's spot, and put something such as Gyarados in this spot. I would reccomend Garchomp but his coverage would be redundant with Mamo's. Gyarados can get past Bronzong too, something none of your other sweepers can boast. Adding Garchomp would mean you'd have four sweepers horribly walled by Bronzong (psychic, gengar, mamo, garchomp)

Life Orb Blissey is quite possibly the wierdest idea I have ever seen, right up there with Choice Band Blissey. Both of those sets suck. Hard. Slap leftovers on it so that you can wall stuff better. Thunderwave over Tbolt. S-Toss over Fire Blast. And Calm Mind Blissey doesn't lose to Skarmory, after one boost Tbolt should OHKO.

You could also ditch Bliss altogether for HP Electric Vaporeon. This would help with Gyarados and Infernape, freeing up Weezing's spot for something to better counter Heracross and Lucario, ie Gliscor. If you did this you would also have Stealth Rock support, which is a very good idea.

Espeon doesn't have the defense to switch in on Swampert's Earthquake or Waterfall. And if it comes in to revenge kill, its an easy switch out to Weavile & Pursuit, being that he's stuck on Scarf.

By the way, it funny how far
Gallade @ Expert Belt
Adamant: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Swords Dance
can make it through your team.

Please tell me how Skarmory will ruin a Blissey with CM and Thunderbolt. According to my calculations you got a 68.75% chance of OHKO a Skarmory, anticipating you have a CM. Considering you'd run Fire Blast (which you should, as it will prevent Metagross, Lucario and Heracross from switching in) you will OHKO Skarmory everytime. You'll 2HKO everytime even without a CM.

Assuming that the Blissey runs no Speed EVs, and the Skarmory runs no Speed EVs, the Skarmory will outspeed the Blissey... allowing it to whirlwind away any Calm Minds it may have gotten.

Calm Mind Blissey is a great counter to Jirachi, Crocune and Raikou, and even through it got the potential to sweep that isn't its selling point. You are pretty Suicune weak, so I believe CM Bliss is worth a try.

Jirachi can easily do great damage to Blissey with Zen Headbutt, and I don't really pay attention to Crocune and Raikou. Calm Mind Blissey isn't my #1 priority on this team ATM.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Whirlwind got a negative priority, which mean it always will go last, even if it's faster.

Jirachi isn't doing anything without Adamant nature and 252 EVs, and you can easily heal with Softboiled.

If you want to use Life Orb on something like Blissey, use Clefable. One of Blissey's biggest assetts is her huge HP, and when you are putting things on her like Life Orb, which strip off 10% of her health, it is taking off a lot. You lose 65 HP each time you attack, and Leftovers gives her 0.625% each turn, which is worth it when you consider Blissey won't always be able to Softboiled if you are pressured and have to attack to prevent set up.

The fact that you let a ton of sweepers kill you that shouldn't be killing Blissey is a joke, and that is why that set it crap. I could understand if you had Serene Grace, but Leftovers are still better. Heatran, Azelf, Gengar, Raikou, etc. all beat that set one on one, and that shouldn't happen, ever.

The main premise of this post is to say that Blissey set isn't going to work and either use Clefable with Calm Mind/LO, or use Leftovers and put Thunder Wave or some support move on Blissey.

EDIT: What is Mamoswine going to do with 252 Def EVs? Put atleast 164 of them into speed, to outspeed bulky Gyarados.

If you want to use Life Orb on something like Blissey, use Clefable. One of Blissey's biggest assetts is her huge HP, and when you are putting things on her like Life Orb, which strip off 10% of her health, it is taking off a lot. You lose 65 HP each time you attack, and Leftovers gives her 0.625% each turn, which is worth it when you consider Blissey won't always be able to Softboiled if you are pressured and have to attack to prevent set up.

The fact that you let a ton of sweepers kill you that shouldn't be killing Blissey is a joke, and that is why that set it crap. I could understand if you had Serene Grace, but Leftovers are still better. Heatran, Azelf, Gengar, Raikou, etc. all beat that set one on one, and that shouldn't happen, ever.

The main premise of this post is to say that Blissey set isn't going to work and either use Clefable with Calm Mind/LO, or use Leftovers and put Thunder Wave or some support move on Blissey.

Meh, I'll look into Clefable.

EDIT: What is Mamoswine going to do with 252 Def EVs? Put atleast 164 of them into speed, to outspeed bulky Gyarados.

Mamoswine wants Defense EVs so it can still be bulky while delivering a great hit. Trust me, the Defense EVs work.

Whirlwind got a negative priority, which mean it always will go last, even if it's faster.

Meh, ok.

Jirachi isn't doing anything without Adamant nature and 252 EVs, and you can easily heal with Softboiled.

Meh, I see your point.

Please give some examples where those defense EVs help. Most of Mamoswine's counters don't care one bit if you have defense EVs or not, and Bronzong is going to wall you regardless. Cresselia has Reflect and will Ice Beam you, which is special attack. Bulky Gyarados can switch into anything except Stone Edge and set up a DD, and you should be switching out.

I don't think you understand what Choice items are there for, hitting as hard and as fast as possible. This doesn't mean putting pointless defense EVs onto a subpar defensive pokemon. It isn't like you are surviving a CB Metagross Meteor Mash anytime soon. However, there are exceptions to the rule, like the special tank CB Tyranitar. The only reason that is viable is because it is making its job, killing off ghosts and psychics with Pursuit, easier. It has an ability where its special defense is raised, so that makes it even better. Also, Tyranitar is already slow as shit, therefor it doesn't need speed EVs except for Skarmory, who with the low attack EVs it won't be KOing anyways. Tyranitar makes his job easier, meanwhile the investment into defense doesn't really do anything for Mamoswine, as you aren't taking away from attack and putting them into defense, and even if you did he isn't bulky enough to take many hits without Rest/Sleep Talk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)