I despise this game and quit this game long ago, so I am finally unveiling this.

Reached #1 for a while a long time back, blah blah etc. Essentially "perfect" team, if you doubt this run it for yourself.

hpessiresiermada.

@Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
Evs~252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 hp.

`Fire Blast.
`Hidden Power Ice.
`Explosion.
`Earth Power.

I know for a fact this is an amazing lead and sports advantages over players that start with Gengar, Roserade, Breloom, Salamence etc. Let's get one thing straight - it is quite foolish to lead with a special wall in Diamond/Pearl. This lead frequently forces painful switches early on which gives me valuable information about the opponent's team and allows me to scout later on in the game. Heatran has always been a disruptive force and will remain that way.

@Life Orb
ADAMant nature
Evs~152 attack/ 148 speed/ 208 Hp

`Dragon Dance.
`Aqua Tail.
`Earthquake.
`Ice Fang.

As debatable as this Gyarados set is, it is by far the best option for this pokemon. Every conceivable counter is utterly defeated. Cresselia is easily 2HKOed by a boosted aqua tail+Life Orb, Celebi takes devastating Ice fangs, and Metagross tastes pure destruction from earthquake. Salamence is easily shattered as well. All of these specific kills are made possible by life orb. Simple logic and common sense are all you will need to convince your opponent you run taunt. The extra slot makes all the difference on an offensive Gyarados set. Evs allow me to outrun any smartass running 351 speed on something like starmie etc.

@Choice Band
ADAMant
Evs~252 Attack/ 172 special defense/ 84 speed

`Stone Edge.
`Pursuit.
`Crunch.
`Earthquake.

This here, ladies and gentlemen, is what I would call the best option for Tyranitar. Let me explain. The given EV spread allows this pokemon to do the following:

-Take up to 3 Surfs from a Starmire, Vaporeon, or other random bulky waters.

-Outspeed Skarmory with up to 4 speed evs.

-Survive random focus blasts.

-Take minimal damage from special variants of Salamence.

And more. Any pokemon that potentially give Gyarados the slightest problem will be trashed by a ridiculously powered attack; Cresselia, Slowbro, and Starmie to name a few.

@Leftovers
Timid nature
Evs~172 hp/ 220 speed/ 118 special attack

`Surf.
`Thunderbolt.
`Recover.
`Rapid Spin.

The first necessary defensive pokemon on this team, which fulfills several roles. This is my main answer to Gyarados and Infernape, as well as my solution to residual damage. Gyarados needs to be at relatively high Hp throughout the game to perform an end-game sweep, so Starmie prevents Stealth Rock from being an issue. This also acts as an excellent switch into Heatran, which is a major luxury.

@Leftovers
Impish nature
Evs~248 Defense/ 252 hp/ 8 speed

`Earthquake.
`Ice Fang.
`Stealth Rock.
`Roost.

The mandatory solution to Heracross, Lucario, and essentially every physical sweeper not packing a choice item or Ice type attack. Gliscor makes it impossible to recover from anything later in the game. After my primary sweeper Gyarados knocks a few holes in a strategy, everything falls into place. Stealth Rock lets me push for OHKOs. The remainder of the moveset should be quite self-explanatory..Ice Fang damages Garchomp, Earthquake is an excellent STABed move, etc.

Now, before you pokemon intellectuals flame me for having a glaring weakness to Deoxys speed form....

@Choice Band
ADAMant nature.
Evs~196 attack/ 172 speed/ 140 hp

`Meteor Mash.
`Pursuit.
`Explosion.
`Earthquake.

This prevents Deoxys from coming out of nowhere are 6-0ing me. Metagross, being arguably the sturdiest OU Choice Band user, can switch in only nearly any attack coming from Deoxys and trap it with pursuit or nail a switch in with a massively powerful meteor mash. Metagross's second purpose is to lure out Heatrans to set up for an overwhelming Gyarados rampage. Metagross's final use is for an end game exploding pokemon. I also have the option of exploding a threatening pokemon in a pinch.

Bye.

hpesoslasiecidnecils.

Everything looks alright to me. I don't know if a Choice Scarf would make that Heatran lead any better, but just a random suggestion.

overall wish protect hp electric surf vaporeon could stall out, hurt and potentially beat any member of your team, although probably requiring support from a reasonably safe switchin into ttar (not that there are many)

honestly looks awesome though.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I would really just put those 84 EVs on Atk tbh, since you aren't doing anything to Skarmory, but allright.

cool team

edit: oof, looks like im on that good shit and overlooked those 252 attack evs, my bad

stone edge 2hkos with max attack, i almost always run 80 speed on cbtar for skarm. getting roosted on in your face sucks when it's an 8 pp attack

Looks good, but I would run Bullet Bunch over Meteor Mash on Metagross. an orbed DDTar wird IB, SE and EQ can OHKO every single of your pokemon after a DD and is only outspeed by Heatran who does like 30-40% with Earthpower.

As unusual as it sound this team is amasingly Electivire weak! After a speedboost is can sweep almost your whole team! I honestly can't think of which team member to switch though.

Electivire isn't all that crash hot. It's only got one set that people really use, and with the resistences in play for this team, after switching in Gyarados once or twice, that vire won't be doing much...

I like the team, and I might slap a Choice Scarf on my Heatran lead, see how the team fairs then. (Also originally placed #1 awhile back)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't like this team at all, and therefore I am not inclined to give this a full rate; I'll just point out two glaring issues I see with it. That you allegedly got to #1 with it is more a testament to the lack of skill on the official server's ladder than a testament to this team's or your ability.

I mean, if Gliscor is hurt at all, and I mean just like 20% or Toxiced, simple Stealth Rock and Dragon Dance Salamence knock your entire team out. If you want to try and outplay the opponent with Gyarados Intimidate + Gliscor, you'll still get beaten by my favorite bulky Roost DD Mence.

That's ignoring of course the obvious outdated factor of this team, as I see no way you manage to deal with the new Dual Screen Taunt Stealth Rock Deoxys-S -> Baton Pass teams running around.

Past those two glaring weaknesses, I am sorry but I don't expect such fallacious statements from a former badged member.

"Let's get one thing straight - it is quite foolish to lead with a special wall in Diamond/Pearl."

Bronzong? The new Dual Screen Deoxys-S?

"As debatable as this Gyarados set is, it is by far the best option for this pokemon. Every conceivable counter is utterly defeated. Cresselia is easily 2HKOed by a boosted aqua tail+Life Orb"

I don't agree that this is the "best" set, whatever that means. However, you are completely wrong with that Cresselia statement. 444 HP / 341 Defense and Leftovers Cresselia is never 2HKOed by your Gyarados. If you want to say Stealth Rock will be down, this 2HKO still is only 80%, not factoring in Aqua Tail's accuracy. If Cresselia runs 372 Defense, your 2HKO with Stealth Rock becomes 5.39%.

"-Survive random focus blasts."

Really? Well considering you are most likely to Focus Blast from Life Orb Gengar, Choice Scarf Gengar, Life Orb Alakazam, Choice Scarf / Specs Alakazam, Choice Scarf Magmortar and Choice Scarf Typhlosion, let's see what Focus Blasts you survive.

359 SpA Life Orb Gengar and Alakazam always OHKO your Tyranitar.

Modest Scarf versions of Gengar, Alakazam, Magmortar OHKO your Tyranitar on average.

Timid versions of all of them OHKO your Tyranitar sometimes, and most of the time with Stealth Rock.

Only Timid Choice Scarf Typhlosion won't consistently OHKO your Tyranitar =/

So this "perfect" team and "perfect" rmt are considerably lacking in my honest, humble opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)