Diablo 2/D2LoD Thread

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
As many of you are aware, Diablo 3 is on the horizon, and with that a lot of people are getting back into D2, including myself. So, in order to reach out with fellow Smogons and perhaps play with them, I'm posting here to see who else has picked up D2 again and started playing. Since all my old accounts have expired, I'm basically starting from scratch, so I'm raising a Necro for MFing and an IronBarb for duking it out with UberDiablo (when I finally get high enough to fight him).

Myself and another friend play regularly now, but I'm reaching out to fellow Smogoners who play or are recently starting or re-starting the game. Anyone who's interested, I play on SC European Ladder, but if there's enough interest in the US servers I may make a new char and join you there.

Oh, and if anyone has a spare Shael rune, my barb would love it for a Rhyme shield (Sigons Set pieces will be appreciated too, I have the helm). Otherwise, I'm playing unrushed through the game (just reached Act 5 Normal with the Barb, Necro is a new character), to help refresh myself and get used to the new version - 1.12.

I just got LoD, it's really fun.
I'm on US West, but not quite ready for dueling.
I have an amazon and a paladin, both just beat act 1 on normal. I think amazons are amazing

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you want to know something special, if you've played patch 1.11b, then the difference between 1.12 and 1.11b is that in 1.12, you can play Diablo 2 or LoD without the Play CD.

I just started playing too. USWest, with my lvl 1 sorc. xD

My friend is going to rush me so if you need one just let me now. :D

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
If you guys wanna find me, I'm usually playing at 9 pm GMT for a couple of hours every night, just send a whisper to Muntak (my barb) or Aquilus (my Necro), I'm not hard to find.

I started playing shortly before the ladder reset, only to find that I would have to make a new character soon.

I'm on USwest btw.

I want to play this game. However, I have vista on a new computer. I go to install it, then it does it's thing asking for permission etc. It kinda thinks about doing something, then it stops doing anything. The next step here would be to load up the actual launch page thing that D2 has, which prompts you to install. Is there anything I can do about this? I've searched high and low, apparently an XP emulator works but it's only good for service pack 1 and I have service pack 2.

My computer has specs that can easily handle this, just incase that's what you're thinking. Anyone with ideas or experience getting vista to work with this fucker?

Is it so much to ask that I be able to command an army of undead?

Edit: sorry for gravedigging (no pun intended) but it was only on the second page...:D

I'm still willing to play this with anyone if they want to.

fyi matty Summoning Necro is the best PvM (player vs monster) build in the game. you should aim for that.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
you really dont need golems. just get skeles, skeles mastery, amp damage, and corpse explosion and youre set

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah mate, skeleton army dominates in that game. either that, or using that bone spear set is also a good option

you really dont need golems. just get skeles, skeles mastery, amp damage, and corpse explosion and youre set
CE isn't great now that the new patch is out making it a LOT less effective. if you ask me go for the only curse you need (1 pt). golems are great if you put some work into them. clay golem especially cause it slows down enemies. and in hell, getting that first corpse down is a bitch so golems are great for that.

anyway,
I'm hooked now and finished the game with my Necro (Lvl 35 in two days, pretty good if you ask me). I think I'm going to buy the expansion so that I can play with more people. When I do get the expansion, would anyone like to start a new character with me and quest together? I'm going to have lots of free time coming up soon and I'd like to follow a Build Order I researched online for a Necro or a Sorc.

If you are interested, add me to AIM and we can chat there :)
Try lvl 90 in 6 hours ^_^

Haha, oh man, D2... good times.

I play on and off on East SC Nonladder. Maybe I'll start playing again soon. If you need any help or advice, I'm here ;)

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I had a shitty thing happen to me today.

Lost some fairly high runes muling over on a public server (that sucks)

and then later tonight I had a friend help me mule over my Enigma and Griswold's Armor only for him to steal both. Awesome!

If anyone would like to play / help me move gear from character to character please let me know. I'm sick of getting knifes thrown into my back x_x

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd be happy to play with anyone on US West if they can bare my connection. It isn't as bad as you think when you compare to other games. It's really weird. Message me if you are interested.

I just started playing again a week ago or so (after a 5 year hiatus), although my free time is limited. Unfortunately I can't play online, since I have a Beta version for my new MacBook (and its unsupported graphics card). I LAN with 3 of my roommates though, so it's pretty fun. Anyone got any really fun characters for me to try out? I'm using a Hammerdin right now, it's okay...

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ya defiantly would like to play with you. I like Summoner builds the most its fun watching Skeletons wreck shit. Also a fan of Javazons

Friend me at: matt4263; I can help you out with stuff if you need

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hammerdin is like the exact opposite of fun, although it's hilarious to watch legions of monsters keel over if you're well-geared. I wouldn't call it too casual-friendly.

I've quit LoD; got boring after a while.

But I did have a fully geared up Hammerdin, fully geared up Zealot that I used for Ubering, fully geared up Blizz Sorc, fully geared up smiter, and I have a leftover Fishy Necromancer (whatever its called).

It was mostly over the summer that I played it a lot, and managed to build up some wealth. Then my computer crashed and shit, and I needed to reinstall D2. Too lazy though, I decided to do Shoddy and Starcraft instead and gave my acct. to a friend.

If you want to build up wealth, I would recommend starting off with a Blizz Sorc with Tal Rasha's set; its really very good and quite cheap. Later, Hammerdin hands down for killing bosses and PvMing; nothing comes close really to his power.

Overall, collecting wealth and making souped up characters is fun for a while at least, but it eventually gets boring. Building the characters is kinda fun; especially those Chaos runs where your character literally gets 50 levels in a few minutes.

I quit when 1.1 came out (and then my account lapsed, taking my lv95 Barbarian with Ethereal Breath of The Dying Ogre Axe with it).. that patch was so bad it made me ask why I was still playing - I went back to playing Warcraft.

I made a single player barbarian the other week, got bored again in nightmare, 1.1 ruined act 5 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)