ADV Tiers

Ubers Deoxys, Deoxys-F, Deoxys-L, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet

OU Aerodactyl, Alakazam, Articuno, Blaziken, Blissey, Breloom, Celebi, Chansey, Charizard, Claydol, Deoxys-E, Dodrio, Donphan, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Dusclops, Exeggutor, Flygon, Forretress, Gardevoir, Gengar, Gyarados, Heracross, Jirachi, Jolteon, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Magneton, Marowak, Medicham, Metagross, Milotic, Miltank, Moltres, Ninjask, Raikou, Regice, Regirock, registeel Rhydon, Salamence, Sceptile, Skarmory, Slaking, Smeargle, Snorlax, Starmie, Suicune, Swampert, Tauros, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Venusaur, Weezing, Zapdos

BL Armaldo, Cloyster, Crobat, Entei, Espeon, Hariyama, Houndoom, Hypno, Jumpluff, Jynx, Machamp, Porygon2, Scizor, Slowbro, Steelix, Swellow, Typhlosion, Ursaring, Zangoose,

UU Absol, Aggron, Aipom, Altaria, Ampharos, Arbok, Arcanine, Ariados, Azumarill, Banette, Beautifly, Beedrill, Bellossom, Blastoise, Butterfree, Camerupt, Cacturne, Castform, Chimecho, Clefable, Corsola, Cradily, Crawdaunt, Delcatty, Delibird, Dewgong, Ditto, Dunsparce, Dustox, Electabuzz, Electrode, Exploud, Farfetch'd, Fearow, Feraligatr, Flareon, Furret, Girafarig, Glalie, Gligar, Golduck, Golem, Gorebyss, Granbull, Grumpig, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Huntail, Illumise, Kabutops, Kangaskhan, Kecleon, Kingler, Lanturn, Lapras, Ledian, Lickitung Linoone, Lunatone, Luvdisc, Magcargo, Magmar, Manectric, Mantine, Masquerain, Mawile, Meganium, Mightyena, Minun, Misdreavus, Mr. Mime, Muk, Murkrow, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, Noctowl, Nosepass, Octillery, Omastar, Parasect, Pelipper, Persian, Pidgeot, Piloswine, Pinsir, Plusle, Politoed, Poliwrath, Primeape, Quagsire, Qwilfish, Raichu, Rapidash, Raticate, Sableye, Sandslash, Scyther, Seaking, Seviper, Sharpedo, Shedinja, Shiftry, Slowking, Sneasel, Solrock, Stantler, Shuckle, Spinda, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Swalot, Tangela, Tentacruel, Togetic, Torkoal, Trapinch, Tropius, Unown, Venomoth, Victreebel, Vileplume, Volbeat, Wailord, Walrein, Whiscash, Wigglytuff, Xatu, Yanma,

have not done NU since im not sure about that category, maybe someone can do it for me?
edits in bold

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
A lot of your UU pokemon are NU. Also you have to keep in mind that tiers are based on stats and how well they perform in each metagame. For example, Registeel in UU is plain ridiculous seeing as most UU tournaments allow one BL per team.

excellent, ive been waiting on this so i can do an ADV UU Tournament soon. you guys should get all of your arguing out of the way and finalize this so it can be added to the site!

There are no tiers. That's the problem with Pokemon. A point system would probably be the most valid, because I mean, how can you compare a Regirock with a Celebi?

Personally I think the "1 BL per UU team" is bullshit, does standard allow 1 uber per team too?
Anyway, we'll never get a tier list that everyone agrees with, so it's pretty much pointless. There will always be those "Rhydon is BL what are you smoking" and that shit. If I try to UU battle a couple of times on Netbattle, I'm sure I'll come across someone who claims Articuno is UU because he never sees it, or Rhydon is UU because it's 4x weak to Water and Suicune is very common in the standard metagame. I don't like the term "UU", because usage isn't all that matters.
That's just my opinion. I know how useful it would be, but we'll never get everyone to agree with a single tier list. There will always be someone with dumb arguments about how [pokemon] is [tier].

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
What we need to do then, is pick one person to make a list and stick with it.. It only needs UU, BL, OU and Uber. And people will be able to complain all they like, and that picked person can change it if they like but it will ultimately be up to them.

We may never end up with a perfect list, but we will have something..

I recommend ZFS for the job.

Have a nice day.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
No, we dont need a NU list.. People can easily get by without it.

And a NFE and UE list is a total waste of time..

Have a nice day.

Hipno said:
No, we dont need a NU list.. People can easily get by without it.

And a NFE and UE list is a total waste of time..

Have a nice day.
its fun to play with ue and nfe and nu pokes imo...

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
We don't have enough unevolved/nfe tournaments to warrant its own tier list. that is fucking silly. lets just stick to uber/ou/bl/uu tiers. it's fine

this has been talked about a thousand times and I agree, we need a perminant list. I think it would be best to possibly put this in the contributer's section so we can get this seriously done and have the dozen people we have there to come up with something final.

I think I agree with Warthog on this one, put it in Smogon Private so people there can talk, discuss about it and get something fucking final.

Of course the matagme will change between now and the next 4 months but anything is a start.

noobster

space cowboy
I'm going to close this and continue the discussion on Smogon Private, so we can get something finalized.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)